Yea, the Flu sucks.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I was on the waiting list at my Air Force Base to get my flu shot - that would have been today. My parents already had their shots. About 5 days ago my mother and father started getting minor flu like symptoms, so they went to the hospital to find out what it was - turns out that a strain of the flu that wasn't included in this years vaccine has invaded the panhandle of FL - Fijian Flu. Needless to say, they passed it onto me, and I'm feeling the full effects of it :(

DAMN YOU FIJIANS!!!!!!!!!!! :| Stupid fscking islands!!!!!

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I feel your pain!!

I have been getting the flu shot for the last 5 years and no flu for me!

Crossing my fingers on that one too!

Has anyone tried that new flu Mist yet?

Ausm

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
The bad thing is, I still have to go to school and work - finals are next week and there's no way I can miss work because I'm tooo poor (well, not really, but I like to use that excuse). Everyone in my work place already is sick, they got it from my manager who had the flu last week.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Also, since I've been coughing and hacking so much, my Lorikeet now mocks me :frown:

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Also, since I've been coughing and hacking so much, my Lorikeet now mocks me :frown:

Sorry, but that just made my day. Hope you get to feeling better.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I'm glad I have a huge DVD collection. Being sick with nothing but total dreck on daytime TV sucks!

Now, do I watch the 1st Austin Powers or The Blues Brothers?

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
I'm glad I have a huge DVD collection. Being sick with nothing but total dreck on daytime TV sucks!

Now, do I watch the 1st Austin Powers or The Blues Brothers?

you have to ask?
the blues brothers, without a doubt!

Reliant

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I feel your pain, I'm sooooo sick. God bless video games and movies at a time like this.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The last time I got sick that bad I had to work through it. That was fun.

Nothing like sitting at your desk trying to get things done while shivering and sweating rivers at the same time.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I got this one. It is nasty. I had a 103 degree fever for about 3-4 days, and was sick for a week overall. Missed 3 days of class. Now I'm playing catchup with finals next week :(

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
The bad thing is, I still have to go to school and work - finals are next week and there's no way I can miss work because I'm tooo poor (well, not really, but I like to use that excuse). Everyone in my work place already is sick, they got it from my manager who had the flu last week.

YaY! Please, spread around this nasty disease to all who you come in contact with. Why don't people just do what they're supposed to do, and stay home, rest, and get better. 3 days is all it takes for the contagious period to go away, generally. Would it kill you to stay home for 3 days?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
well...something good.

the Fifth Element is on HBO HD and it's in OAR!!! At least so far it is. HBO's been known for cropping everything to 1.85:1. It's a nice transfer and I haven't seen this in a while.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: dtyn

YaY! Please, spread around this nasty disease to all who you come in contact with. Why don't people just do what they're supposed to do, and stay home, rest, and get better. 3 days is all it takes for the contagious period to go away, generally. Would it kill you to stay home for 3 days?

Yes, it would. I would explode, go up in smithereens, then fall back on your world like acidic volcanic ash and not only would I spread my plauge around like it was the middle ages, but I would also eat the clear coat away on your vehicles, then die. So, as you can, I'm in a lose-lose situation, so I pick the one that's least damaging to me.