Yay, Promotion and a raise!

kyzen

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2005
www.chrispiekarz.com
Still in college, went from a $10/hr ($20,800/yr plus occasional OT) job where i really just did whatever they threw at me, to a salaried $32,000 a year developer position.

Also in the past 3 weeks I moved into a new apartment (living alone for the first time ever), and ended up with an absolutely wonderful girlfriend.

So does this mean that I'm due to be hit by a train or what? I'm not used to this kind of luck.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Congrats. Just remember, sometimes things arent always as good or bad as they seem.

Not to rain on your parade, but:

1. She could be a guy :shocked:

2. Your new boss will turn out to be a dick

3. You discover black mold in your new apt

;)

kyzen

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2005
www.chrispiekarz.com
Originally posted by: Eltano1
Pics of the g/f?

Eltano

Not till I ask her. She's something of a nerd herself, can kick my ass in most fighting games and loves NWN, so I don't know what forums she trolls yet. I can only imagine that conversation

"So I was reading ATOT today, and came across this thread..."

"..."

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Originally posted by: kyzen
Still in college, went from a $10/hr ($20,800/yr plus occasional OT) job where i really just did whatever they threw at me, to a salaried $32,000 a year developer position.

Also in the past 3 weeks I moved into a new apartment (living alone for the first time ever), and ended up with an absolutely wonderful girlfriend.

So does this mean that I'm due to be hit by a train or what? I'm not used to this kind of luck.

thats how I would look at it.

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: kyzen
Originally posted by: Eltano1
Pics of the g/f?

Eltano

Not till I ask her. She's something of a nerd herself, can kick my ass in most fighting games and loves NWN, so I don't know what forums she trolls yet. I can only imagine that conversation

"So I was reading ATOT today, and came across this thread..."

"..."

<Nelson> Ha Ha </Nelson> You got beat by a girl!

ngvepforever2

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good for you, but you are still on the low end regarding your pay (at least for a developer), get some experience and get something better

Regards and GL

ng

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: ngvepforever2
Good for you, but you are still on the low end regarding your pay (at least for a developer), get some experience and get something better

Regards and GL

ng

What do you expect for Entry Level?

Brackis

Banned
Nov 14, 2004
You are ugly and will get food poisoning....

...I just saved you and Amtrak a couple of big headaches.

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats

Regards and GL

ng

$50-55K DOE

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Good to know that the rest of the world does not stop turning while myne has grinded to a halt. :brokenheart: Im jealous of you.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
JLGatsby will steal your g/f.

She's probably too old for him :p Assuming the girl is around 20 or so :laugh:

Congrats on all the good news! I'd be terrified if it were me :D

ngvepforever2

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Cal166
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats

Regards and GL

ng

$50-55K DOE

yeap, pretty much

Regards

ng

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
meh
enjoy it now... life always comes back to bite you in the ass somehow. IT is in charge. Not you.