YAY! Guess who just banned Shockwaves account? Yep, Shockwave.....

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Sometimes we pull an "Oops". I pulled an oops. Props to the mods for un-oops-ing my account!
:heart: mods

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
whoopsie! I think someone slipped a secret!

Unless you fuxored something while changing info/logging in

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
No no, Shockwave is no mod.
When you change your registered email addy, it assigns a new password. I missed that part of it and used my work email when I got home on "Friday" Thus, no ATOT all week unti now when the mods helped me out. Otherwise, I woulda had to wait till "monday" when I went to work tomorrow.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
you should have just let us believe. It would have been more fun.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: ness1469
you should have just let us believe. It would have been more fun.

*L* Course, maybe I'm playin a double trick. I AM a mod, make you think i am in the first post, and then deny it so I could say I tried to cover my tracks...... ;)

johnjosh

Banned
Dec 13, 2003
whille we are on mod subject, why who is mod on this board id secret? All other boards i ever been on mods are clearly id

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: johnjosh
whille we are on mod subject, why who is mod on this board id secret? All other boards i ever been on mods are clearly id

to help the illusion that they are "unbiased".

edit:

for a small board, like 1000 active members, visibly identifiable mods would be acceptable.

but when your board grows to over 100,000, it helps when people dont develop personal relationships with the mods (and likewise the other way)

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Walleye

I am. I mean....err.....They are.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Shockwave

see edit.

and:

sure you are... we know you are... ;)

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Shockwave

see edit.

and:

sure you are... we know you are... ;)

SHHHH! Dont say it out loud! Their all gonna laugh at me!

johnjosh

Banned
Dec 13, 2003

edit:

for a small board, like 1000 active members, visibly identifiable mods would be acceptable.

but when your board grows to over 100,000, it helps when people dont develop personal relationships with the mods (and likewise the other way)

well thanks for explanation that make sence :)

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002

edit:

well thanks for explanation that make sence :)

Not only that, but to protect THEM. Imagine some little turd around here gets angry that the mod bans him...spams his email, tracks the person down and harrasses them... etc... all because the mod was kind enough to look over the boards without any sort of compensation.