YAXMT: X-Ecuter lite + or just lite??

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
I want to be able to play mpg's, divx, etc on my xbox, as well as play backed up games (I've had to buy GTA3 vice city THREE TIMES because of stupid people scratching up my games... I swear :p )

Will the X-ecuter chip do it? Is this the best/easiest out right now?

Thanks

se7

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Isnt the + the solderless version? (Sorry it's been a few months since I've messed with them) I had the 2.2+ Lite and despite it frag'ing by MS BIOS, it worked fairly well. The 2.3+ Lite is supposed to be great though

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Yeah your right.

Okay, so do I need a "hardware bios flash" that the plus offers? I'm assuming that means I can remove the chip and upgrade it.. Wonder if that's really neccessary?

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
i have a 2.3+ lite in mine but I didn't mod my xbox (had sisters boyfriend do it for me). Works like a champ for the most part :)

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: se7enty7
Yeah your right.

Okay, so do I need a "hardware bios flash" that the plus offers? I'm assuming that means I can remove the chip and upgrade it.. Wonder if that's really neccessary?

I'm not an expert by any means on XBox modding but for what you're wanting to do, the 2.3+ Lite will do exactly what you want, granted, you have EvoX, the media player, and a BIOS that supports it.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
ooo.. good, i need to get one of those to mod my xbox. anyone know how much that chip is and where to get EvoX?

parsley007

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2003
Originally posted by: remagavon
Do the TSOP mod for free :)
seconded, can do everything the chip can, except play on live, but from your original post, it sounds like that's not a concern for you, but for less money..

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
I have the lite + version and I'm running avalaunch + xbox media center which work perfectly.

The chip is solderless, installation was simple and easy. The great thing about the lite+ is that it has led lights that indicate whether or not your mod chip is properly connected and functioning.

Xboxscene will have more information regarding the proper BIOS for what you want, I don't think I should be any more specific.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
I went ahead and got the regular lite version. I have an xbox 1.0, and apparently the non solder boards don't work as easily.