YAWLT: If you were US government, what would you do to/with Assange?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What would you do with Assange as Presidence of US?

• Open assassination

• Covert killing

• Prosecute under existing law

• Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
the majority of legal talking heads/ writers I've heard/ read seem to think there is minimal chance of the US government getting a conviction on Assange for anything.

Sorry, I don't find your poll of talking heads that compelling. There's also foreign governments that could have legal grounds to punish him. The secrets weren't just American secrets and not every country is as nice about freedom of speech as the US is.

Last edited:
May 16, 2000
Poll needs option for 'Generally praise, and take cue to open government significantly toward true transparency.'

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
the majority of legal talking heads/ writers I've heard/ read seem to think there is minimal chance of the US government getting a conviction on Assange for anything.

and remember, wikileaks has already faced 100+ legal attacks, and won every skirmish. Basically, the USA will have to pass sweeping new anti free speech and anti journalism laws if they want to make what wikileaks is doing illegal.

Hence the need, I suppose, to frame Assange for "sex crimes". Because he hasn't actually broken any real laws.

Agreed. That's why he should just have an accident.