YAVGT: Far Cry - 9.2 by Gamespot

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I saw the torrent going balls to the wall crazy when it got posted, but I didn't even know what it was. Looks fun.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Ive played the demo, the scenery impressed me, the AI did not. I ran into a bunch of enemies with one of them quite close to a chaingun turret, instead of grabbing the chaingun turret the enemy walked back and forth between it and a railing not even shooting at me. I will still think about picking it up, hopefuly they fixed the AI though...
CrackRabbit

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
As much as people go on about the graphics... They just look so unfinished to me. Kinda rough.

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebor
As much as people go on about the graphics... They just look so unfinished to me. Kinda rough.

Yeah really, it has a very "Been there, Done that" look to it.

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
I gave up on the demo after about 10 minutes. It looked very pretty initially, but the characters were just cardboard. UT2k4 on the other hand... :D

Futher

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2002
Beat it already =) it's a very good game, and it gets kinda scary towards the end. I thought it was just humans, but they had to add in genetically enhanced apes and whatnot. It's a good game overall though.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Good sci fi twist, story and the graphics are amazing. AI does seem a little... slow and the vehicle physics are a little off. But so far so good. It introduces a lot of new elements. I think everybody is still bitter that HL2 isnt out yet. Which is more likely going to suck even more.

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Regs
Good sci fi twist, story and the graphics are amazing. AI does seem a little... slow and the vehicle physics are a little off. But so far so good. It introduces a lot of new elements. I think everybody is still bitter that HL2 isnt out yet. Which is more likely going to suck even more.

keep hope alive (about HL2)!!!

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
bleh. Im the bitter one lol. I dont know how you guys can honestly say "been there done that" about the graphics. What FPS looks like this? Unfinished? Whoa, I disagree. I was just in awe of this game. I dont think the AI is even that bad.

Want to know a game that "sucks donkey balls"? Battlefield Vietnam. Lets see all the fan boys attack me now.

Even I remember shutting the Demo off after 5 minutes. Mostly because I didnt know what the hell I was doing. But damn, there is a huge difference in character models between the demo and full retail version.

And carboard AI? Hell no