YATPRATRP - Yet another thread proving Republicans are the racist, homophobic and anti Semitic party

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Do only Blacks support Antifa or BLM? Do only Blacks riot for Antifa or BLM?
I recall Rittenhouse defending himself from such a mob. Those who were shot were not Black.

I believe we can firmly establish that violent left wing groups are not racially exclusive.
Are you trying to affirm otherwise? Why would you inject racism where there is none?
Don't be stupid. We all know what Johnson was saying. Whitey commits crimes it's fine. Black people are the problem.

Yes BLM gets bi partisan support but the group is associated with the black community because it is OUR lives that are not treated like they matter.

I'll repeat it one more time, Johnson said white nationalists committing insurrection was not a concern. What more do you need????

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You recall incorrectly, like about half this country repeatedly does.

Kyle Rittenhouse didnt defend himself from shit. He went looking for a fight, started one, got it, then shot people dead, claiming self defense.
Which, incidentally, is the EXACT same thing George Zimmerman did.
Except Zimmerman took a beating before he murdered someone.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Don't be stupid. We all know what Johnson was saying. Whitey commits crimes it's fine. Black people are the problem.

Yes BLM gets bi partisan support but the group is associated with the black community because it is OUR lives that are not treated like they matter.

I'll repeat it one more time, Johnson said white nationalists committing insurrection was not a concern. What more do you need????

Or is he just saying his political tribe never commits crimes. It's only democrats and lefties. I think it's actually more that.

It's a pathetic remark though, no matter which interpretation applies. He's either coming off as a partisan clown, a racist clown, or both. Either way, he shouldn't be in the US Senate.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Ron Johnson called out on the Senate floor for being a racist prick. I say it applies to the rest of the party. No only have they failed to condemn but they encourage it.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Or is he just saying his political tribe never commits crimes. It's only democrats and lefties. I think it's actually more that.

It's a pathetic remark though, no matter which interpretation applies. He's either coming off as a partisan clown, a racist clown, or both. Either way, he shouldn't be in the US Senate.
I'd say a Venn diagram is needed here.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Ron Johnson called out on the Senate floor for being a racist prick. I say it applies to the rest of the party. No only have they failed to condemn but they encourage it.
Now the GOP will be very concerned about “tone”

Nov 8, 2012
You recall incorrectly, like about half this country repeatedly does.

Kyle Rittenhouse didnt defend himself from shit. He went looking for a fight, started one, got it, then shot people dead, claiming self defense.
Which, incidentally, is the EXACT same thing George Zimmerman did.
Except Zimmerman took a beating before he murdered someone.

Right, because when I look for a fight I always run away from other people that are charging towards me lol

I also fall on the ground and do a barrel roll towards them while going PEW PEW PEW!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Congress attempts to have a hearing on the rise in hate crimes against Asians and of course the Republicans try to derail it with shit like this...

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Congress attempts to have a hearing on the rise in hate crimes against Asians and of course the Republicans try to derail it with shit like this...
Holy shit the stupidity and evil is just painful.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

You keep injecting race into this. That is the flaw in your argument.

Doesn't he? The primary difference is that this Senator is an obvious partisan. Where as McConnell is a more slippery snake. Yet they are of the same mind. McConnell will speak against Trump in one breath, and heap support for a fictional 2024 run in his next breath. They are equally die hard partisans extolling the virtues of their supporters while denouncing Democrats.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

“There’s an old saying in Texas about ‘find all the rope in Texas and get a tall oak tree.’

nobody loves a good lynching like Republicans.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Right, because when I look for a fight I always run away from other people that are charging towards me lol

I also fall on the ground and do a barrel roll towards them while going PEW PEW PEW!

I find it funny how he repeats this because even Snopes is like ??????? The bias is obvious. If Rittenhouse was black, people would scream that viewpoint was racist, haha. Don't look now, just making an observation about black students at university apparently is enough to get you fired and is "racist".

"After the city’s mandated curfew of 8 p.m. passed, law-enforcement officers tried to clear a crowd of people a couple of blocks away — which, in effect, pushed the group toward the auto shop where Rittenhouse and others were stationed with guns. People in the crowd apparently threatened the teen and others acting as vigilante security guards, per the attorney’s account. Then, after some running around, Rittenhouse attempted to go to a second mechanic shop, which he apparently believed was vulnerable to property damage. That’s when the attorney said people “began chasing him down.”

The back and forth between the teenager and the alleged “mob” was unknown, including if or to what extent they exchanged words. Also unknown were the locations of Huber, Rosenbaum, or Grosskreutz at that point in the night, or whether they had interacted with Rittenhouse before shots were fired."

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

To be upfront, I don't know much about Johnson outside of this single remark in the article, but honestly, strictly considering that remark... I don't see the racism in it. I think the difference that causes my dissent is my inference of why he wasn't afraid. I infer that his reasoning for not being afraid of the rioters is that he is their ideological equal. In other words, he's "one of them", and they wouldn't hurt their own. On the other hand, he considers BLM and Antifa to be the opposite, and consequently, not part of his ideology. So, if his "enemy" was the one storming the Capitol, then he would be afraid. The racism point seems to be hinged on being more afraid of BLM or Antifa suggests that he's implying that those members -- who have a predominantly higher percentage of people of color -- are more violent all around, and that's why he'd be afraid.

So... could the guy be a racist? Sure. However, if you gave me this as your only piece of evidence, I'd have to deem it inconclusive.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
To be upfront, I don't know much about Johnson outside of this single remark in the article, but honestly, strictly considering that remark... I don't see the racism in it. I think the difference that causes my dissent is my inference of why he wasn't afraid. I infer that his reasoning for not being afraid of the rioters is that he is their ideological equal. In other words, he's "one of them", and they wouldn't hurt their own. On the other hand, he considers BLM and Antifa to be the opposite, and consequently, not part of his ideology. So, if his "enemy" was the one storming the Capitol, then he would be afraid. The racism point seems to be hinged on being more afraid of BLM or Antifa suggests that he's implying that those members -- who have a predominantly higher percentage of people of color -- are more violent all around, and that's why he'd be afraid.

So... could the guy be a racist? Sure. However, if you gave me this as your only piece of evidence, I'd have to deem it inconclusive.
Do you know who were the overwhelming victims of lynching which he was glorifying? Who were the Texans stringing up in trees??

Don't think that's racist?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You keep injecting race into this. That is the flaw in your argument.

Doesn't he? The primary difference is that this Senator is an obvious partisan. Where as McConnell is a more slippery snake. Yet they are of the same mind. McConnell will speak against Trump in one breath, and heap support for a fictional 2024 run in his next breath. They are equally die hard partisans extolling the virtues of their supporters while denouncing Democrats.
Did not Ron Johnson specifically state he didn't have a problem with the people who committed the insurrection unless they were BLM?

You don't think that gives express permission for white people to commit crimes for which blacks would be imprisoned?

Oh that's right, I'm the racist for pointed out what Ron Johnson actually said.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Do you know who were the overwhelming victims of lynching which he was glorifying? Who were the Texans stringing up in trees??

Don't think that's racist?
I was talking about the other guy. But yeah.. given the last guy that committed anti-Asian hate was black, bringing up lynching was incredibly tone deaf if not worse. It’s just... why would you even say that!?