Yasser Arafat now in coma!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I think it's very curious that he's in France getting treatment, there are some excellent hospitals in the Middle East, the best money can buy. Am very nearly on board with the HIV theory....

Supposedly his doctors will hold a press conference this morning & release his diagnosis.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
I think it's very curious that he's in France getting treatment, there are some excellent hospitals in the Middle East, the best money can buy. Am very nearly on board with the HIV theory....

Supposedly his doctors will hold a press conference this morning & release his diagnosis.

It's not about medical treatment PM, it's about security. Lying on his back in France is safer than being in the ME.

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Originally posted by: MidasKnight
So if he dies and the French don't find anything that caused it ..... it's the Israelis that killed him ? or would you accept that it was natural causes ?
Think about that for a second. If Arafat dies and they don't find anything wrong with it, OF COURSE many people will suspect something. It's in the nature of the people he leads (Palestinians if you want to call them that) to be distrustful and blame all things on Jews. There's no way this will go away without some form of retaliation from Hamas.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Arafat 'brain dead' - Israeli TV
04/11/2004 18:33 - (SA)

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat gives his trademark victory sign in this April 2003 file picture taken at his headquarters in Ramallah. (Ricardo Mazalan, AP)

Paris - Palestinain leader Yasser Arafat has been declared brain dead, reports Israeli TV, citing French sources.

Earlier on Thursday, a French medical source told AFP that doctors treating Arafat had carried out an electroencephalogram.

The source described it as "a sign of extreme gravity".

On Thursday afternoon top aide Nabil Abu Rudeina said the 75-year-old leader was in a "critical and serious condition" in a military hospital outside Paris.

There have been conflicting reports throughout the day over whether he is in or out of a coma.

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004
Originally posted by: Aelius
I suspect assassination.

That won't be confirmed until after a full autopsy. Assuming that will ever be made public or if one will even be carried out.

Could be wrong but it's very likely.

If he was poisened, there are numerous drugs that are untracable and leave almost no mark if injected.
Conspiracy theorists will have a field day.

There are a few ordinary perscription drugs that leave no trace but can cause such things as heart failure if too much is taken.

That's why I refuse to rule this out.

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
I jsut read from some danish paper that his aids say he's not likely to wake up again.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I suspect assassination.

That won't be confirmed until after a full autopsy. Assuming that will ever be made public or if one will even be carried out.

If he was poisened, there are numerous drugs that are untracable and leave almost no mark if injected.

There are a few ordinary perscription drugs that leave no trace but can cause such things as heart failure if too much is taken.

Most things leave a trace. They have tox-screens out the wazoo. Sure, there are "poisons" that are hard to detect unless you look for them, but I'm sure they've looked. However, it certainly is a possibility. I know that some rodenticide can have an anti-coagulant effect, but would that lower platelet counts? Balibabydoc? My question: Why wait this long to kill him? They've always had that option...

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Well, it seems that they won't give up on Arafat.

Their plan is to wait around until Easter and see if he gets back up.
In the meantime they'll treat the holes in his hands and feet.

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Mill
I suspect assassination.

Most things leave a trace. They have tox-screens out the wazoo. Sure, there are "poisons" that are hard to detect unless you look for them, but I'm sure they've looked. However, it certainly is a possibility. I know that some rodenticide can have an anti-coagulant effect, but would that lower platelet counts? Balibabydoc? My question: Why wait this long to kill him? They've always had that option...

Well that's the $64,000 question. Why now?