Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
7e5c7b80bbbd012e2f8f00163e41dd5b

Joe McGinnis' book The Rogue, about ex-governor, prominent Republican, and media whore Sarah Palin is out, and the picture he paints of her ain't pretty!

McGinnis debunks her image as a fiscal conservative, noting that she left Wasilla with nearly $20 million in bonded debt when she left office and lobbied for millions in federal earmarks for the town and later the state — the kind of "pork barrel" spending conservatives typically deplore.

And neither is the reaction from Sarah's fan base!

Joe McGinniss is no longer surprised at the hate engendered by his new biography, The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin. "Did you see this crazy blogger, Stacy McCain, saying he's starting a legal fund for Todd Palin?" he asks. The blog post appeals for $25 donations to SarahPAC to "help defray Todd's legal expenses when he shows up at McGinniss's first book signing and pounds that scurvy worm into a bloody pulp."

Some excerpts, like the ones quoted in the Doonesbury above:

The first line of the book, dated May 22, 2010, is straightforward: "I moved in next door to Sarah Palin today."

McGinniss reports that the Palins told the original owner that they were going to cut a path through her property. "Todd told her, very plainly, that Sarah was mayor and they could do whatever they wanted, and it would be a mistake for her to try and stop them." The Palins even put up a fence with the ugly back side facing the neighbor's house.

Phil Munger, whose band played at a commencement for homeschoolers that Palin spoke at, reports on her creationist views, saying she spoke of seeing "pictures that showed human footprints inside dinosaur tracks."

John Bitney, the husband of a woman who took care of Palin's kids, notes that when Todd was out, "I'd walk into that kitchen and Bristol and Willow would be sitting there with a burnt pot of Kraft Mac and cheese on the stove and they'd be trying to open one of those Ramen noodle packs, and Sarah would be up in her bedroom with the door closed saying she didn't want to be disturbed."

A far rougher accusation is that Palin didn't pay that much attention to her son Track's hockey career, with sources recalling that she wasn't at many games. "When Sarah did attend," writes McGinniss, "spectators recall that she cheered loudest not for goals, but on those occasions when Track knocked an opposing player down and hit him repeatedly with his stick."

Another friend says that Track Palin joined the army on the advice of his father: "You're gonna do this because you owe us. This is gonna look good for us and you're gonna do it." The state trooper who drove Track and Sarah to the enlistment office tells McGinniss that "there was quite a lot of emotion in the back seat of that car, but patriotism was not one of the emotions."

This woman could have ended up Vice President of the United States, one John McCain stroke away from the Presidency.

Indeed, a not insignificant number of you here actually voted for her.

You know who you are. ;)

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I'm waiting for Levi Johnston's book that comes out next week.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Ah Perknose - can't get enough Palin gossip, can you?

Here is a media review of the book:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0911/New_York_Times_trashes_Palin_book.html?showall

I mean, seriously, those excerpts are the worst in the book? What? You have to be kidding. Worse shit goes on every single day in Illinois at nearly all levels of government. I *wish* the biggest concern we have in this country were these rantings against Palin.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
When the NYT filets the book, you know you've got problems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/books/joe-mcginnisss-the-rogue-on-sarah-palin-review.html

Mr. McGinniss explains that he was shocked, just shocked, at the angry response his presence in Wasilla provoked. But “The Rogue” makes the Palins’ widely publicized anger understandable, even to readers who might have defended his right to set up shop in their neighborhood and soak up the local color. Although most of “The Rogue” is dated, petty and easily available to anyone with Internet access, Mr. McGinniss used his time in Alaska to chase caustic, unsubstantiated gossip about the Palins, often from unnamed sources like “one resident” and “a friend.”

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
John Bitney, the husband of a woman who took care of Palin's kids, notes that when Todd was out, "I'd walk into that kitchen and Bristol and Willow would be sitting there with a burnt pot of Kraft Mac and cheese on the stove and they'd be trying to open one of those Ramen noodle packs, and Sarah would be up in her bedroom with the door closed saying she didn't want to be disturbed.

Sounds like this guys wife is not doing her job.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
LOL, thread not really turning out as planned, eh?

Well at least you showed up to imply what you can't possibly actually know based on what your own intentions would be were you the one posting. In short, we always see ourselves in others and never admit to it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
you won't see those comics in the newspapers... I read that they're refusing to print them because the book has no foundation in reality.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Well at least you showed up to imply what you can't possibly actually know based on what your own intentions would be were you the one posting. In short, we always see ourselves in others and never admit to it.

LOL

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
The meltdown of the lefties here is getting most entertaining to watch. Can't wait to see what you guys offer up a year from now.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Phil Munger, whose band played at a commencement for homeschoolers that Palin spoke at, reports on her creationist views, saying she spoke of seeing "pictures that showed human footprints inside dinosaur tracks."

Who is this Phil Munger?

Palin told him that "dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time," Munger said. When he asked her about prehistoric fossils and tracks dating back millions of years, Palin said "she had seen pictures of human footprints inside the tracks," recalled Munger, who teaches music at the University of Alaska in Anchorage and has regularly criticized Palin in recent years on his liberal political blog, called Progressive Alaska.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/09/29/614433/-Palinology:-Human-Footprints-in-Dinosaur-Tracks

If true, I still don't understand how people can believe the 6,000 year old dinosaur human thing. Had a friend who worked with me in IT who was very smart and very religious that believed this. I asked him one time about the fossils and he said god put them there. I said, why would god put them there to make us think the earth is a lot older if he wants us to believe he created earth 6,000 years ago. He didn't have an answer.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
you won't see those comics in the newspapers... I read that they're refusing to print them because the book has no foundation in reality.

At least you admit that Palin is unreal. I agree. Can you imagine how self absorbed and imbecilic you would have to be to be her and actually run a heart beat away from President? That takes some real psychotic self blindness. And imagine going down to some local pond and dredging up some scum to run as your VP because you are behind in the poles, are boring, and you need to shake the election up. What a responsible, never sell out, candidate you would make. The reaction the left has to Palin, while amusing, doesn't compare to the dangerous meltdown that's taking place on the right having ever considered her as Presidential material. It's really amazing.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarah Palin has no foundation in reality either, is their a way to refuse to print her?

But welcome to 21'st century American politics, candidates and critics alike, that have no foundation in reality.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
oh noes! she put up a fence! and with the back side to her neighbors? oh noes!

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

Actually that's illegal in most places that have zoning. But I guess if you're Boss Hogg/Mayor the rules that apply to ordinary people don't apply to you.

I rarely read this sort of book but McGuinness has an excellent reputation. I may give this one a read.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Actually, in MHO, the dimocrats may be distracted by Palin who is now less of a politician and more like a Rush Limbaugh wannta bee. Lots of room on the get rich quick far right wing money to be made speaking curcuit than being outclassed by a even more stupid and outragous Perry and Backmann actual politicians. Fairly long odds, Palin will choose not to run, And if Palin decides to compete in the GOP primaries, she will likely not poll well.

Poor Sarah, even as a phony, she an amateur.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

A good neighbor fence is the same on both sides, hence the name. If some asshole puts the best side of a fence to them and sticks the neighbors with the bad side, it isn't the most important issue in the world, but it does tell you that your neighbor is an asshole, certainly not the kind of person you'd want for President, if, of course, you have any personal pride which by your sluffing this issue off so easily, I doubt you have any.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Apparently not, Democrats can't seem to stop talking about her.

Yes, but the tea party imbeciles can't seem to stop worshiping her. That's bound to draw some attention from the sane in the form of disbelief and amazement.