YARCVFT - Yet Another Republicans Committing Voter Fraud Thread.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Charges dropped.

Still can’t believe they were going to charge her for the state’s own mistake, and then had the gall to withhold information from the defense. But it’s the home state of Nathan Bedford Forrest so not surprised.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Good to see Dems fighting back.

“Extensive evidence of fraud and forgery”: Michigan Dems say GOP submitted fake signatures | Salon.com

State Democrats submitted more than 250 pages worth of complaints ahead of the deadline to challenge candidates' nominating petitions, accusing candidates James Craig and Perry Johnson of submitting forged signatures and fellow Republican candidate Tudor Dixon of a disqualifying error. Candidates must submit at least 15,000 voter signatures to qualify for the ballot, but Democrats say Craig and Robinson used dead people's names and names of people who are not registered to vote, and in some cases had people sign multiple petitions. The complaints accused the two candidates of using a team of campaign workers to sign petitions using names and addresses of unwitting residents.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
No, no, no, this is NOT an Onion piece .......

GOP Voter Sentenced for Casting Dead Mom's Ballot, Said Election Not 'Fair'

"I do believe there was a lot of voter fraud," the registered Republican told investigators, claiming she had not cast an illegal ballot.

I read this it's insanity. Not sure how she got off without going to jail.
https://apnews.com/article/2022-mid...donald-trump-fccf49382e78c012bc787d6a9f38ea7d

“What we’re hearing is voter fraud is out there,” Lawson told the judge. “And essentially what we’re seeing here is someone who says ‘Well, I’m going to commit voter fraud because it’s a big problem and I’m just going to slide in under the radar. And I’m going to do it because everybody else is doing it and I can get away with it.’

“I don’t subscribe to that at all,” he said. “And I think the attitude you hear in the interview is the attitude that differentiates this case from the other cases.”

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Why so divisive? We need to move past this and heal as a nation.
giphy.gif

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
A number of examples of the Michigan candidate petition problems can be seen at the link below, including whole pages that were the same but for different candidates.

Nov 17, 2019
Possibility the campaigns were not involved:

"The bureau said it was working to refer the fraud to law enforcement for criminal investigation.

“At this point, the Bureau does not have reason to believe that any specific candidates or campaigns were aware of the activities of fraudulent-petition circulators," staff wrote.

The bureau identified 36 circulators who submitted sheets consisting entirely of invalid signatures across at least 10 campaigns, including for governor and local judgeships. Staff did not flag a reason for the fraud but noted the difficulty securing circulators and signatures for campaigns and ballot initiatives nationwide during the pandemic. Circulators often are paid per signature.

Staff identified an unusually large number of sheets with every signature line completed or that showed no normal wear such as folds, scuffing or minor damage from rain. They flagged sheets on which handwriting of certain letters across different signatures and information was near identical. Staff also reported an unusually high number of signatures corresponding to dead voters and to addresses where living voters no longer live."

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Wait... I thought it was always the left that committed voter fraud, and yet the news only covers republicans attempting voter fraud, from NY to the "villages" in Florida and across the country.

Kinda like their homophobic stance, while sucking another guys dick.
It's because the left commits voter fraud AND media fraud. Turtles all the way down.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
North Carolina investigation find the voter fraud the republicans are always harping about.

Well, I guess they should know... since they are the people committing the voter fraud.

"Ballot harvesting, forged signatures in Bladen County
Dowless worked in the 2018 congressional race for then-Republican candidate Mark Harris, who appeared to have received the most votes in the general election for the 9th District seat in south-central North Carolina. The district stretched along the North Carolina-South Carolina line from Charlotte on the west end to Bladen Count on the east end.​
But allegations against Dowless surfaced, and testimony and other information revealed at a State Board of Elections hearing described him running an illegal “ballot harvesting” operation for the 2018 general election in Bladen County. In this operation, according to testimony, Dowless and his helpers collected hundreds of absentee ballots from voters by offering to put them in the mail."​
Color me shocked... shocked I say, to my very core.​

Reactions: iRONic

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
For an election that was claimed to be the most secure ever, there sure seems to be a lot of fraud being committed on behalf of republicans.
It's their smoke and mirrors strategy. Try to get everyone focused on the Dems so they can commit the voter fraud when nobody is looking, hoping nobody notices.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
It won’t be fraud soon enough. Kudos to @Vic for the video

Just as with gerrymandering, the ultimate goal is for the politicians to pick the people who get to vote, who just so happen to be the people who vote for them. A tale as old as politics.

Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just as with gerrymandering, the ultimate goal is for the politicians to pick the people who get to vote, who just so happen to be the people who vote for them. A tale as old as old as the Republican Party, weaponized it starting about 50 years ago.
FTFY.