YAR(oommate)T - How do we decide who gets which room?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: j00fek
Originally posted by: Sc4freak
Measure the size of each bedroom. Then, split up the rent based on how large that person's bedroom is. Everything else in the house is shared.

i did the same thing in college, i went for the smallest room to help myself out :)

Exactly. No way the person who gets the smallest room pays the same. Thats BS.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Falloutboy
if someoen has alot of stuff to go in there room they should get one of the bigger ones.

otherwise if the small one is really that much smaller and it looks like it will be a fight on who gets stuck with it just give the guy a small break in rent (everyone else pay 15 bucks more or something which shouldn't be a big deal)

lets say reants a thousand bucks instead of 250 a month each

the person with the small room would pay 205 and the others 265 which isn't all that much different but makes the guy that got stuck in the small room feel like he isn't getting screwed

I would say $200/250/250/300 FTW...

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Aflac
Play rock paper scissors.

Rock, paper, Scissors gets my vote. Go to each room and do a tourney -- 2x2 then winner v winner...start with the best room. God, I love RPS in these situations.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Add up total square footage. Divide rent by square footage to get a price per square foot. Then get a base price for the amount of common room. Then add on rent on top of the base price based upon room size.

The guy that found the place and the guy that did the legwork should each get a case of beer out of the deal, their choice, from the other two guys. Or maybe a decent bottle. You shouldn't pay the same rent for living in a smaller room. That simply isn't fair.

R

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
It's not going to work without someone getting screwed and most likely getting mad later.

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
Why pay the same? Obviously whoever has the smallest room should pay the least.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
have the person with the smallest room pay a little less on rent and the person with the largest room pay a little more.

or just pick straws.