Yao Ming's Bimmer *Pixs*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hey I have a good idea. Lets have everybody who has an account here on the AT forums come into this thread and say that I'm wrong. Come on! Everybody now!!
I'll say it again, you're wrong.

It's even funnier because you were so smug in you assertion that it's "beamer" not "bimmer".

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
One of my friends has an older brother that plays for the Rockets. She's met Yao (and his parents) a couple of times.

Apparently he was quite the poor driver when he was learning (but weren't we all?). He must be getting better now :D

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Originally posted by: SampSon
Dammit, it's not "bimmer" it's BEAMER.
As stated above, you're wrong.

Hey I have a good idea. Lets have everybody who has an account here on the AT forums come into this thread and say that I'm wrong. Come on! Everybody now!!

FWIW, I kind of agree with you that it's dumb. Never in my life have I heard the word "bimmer" (seen it on Anandtech plenty, never heard it). Everyone I know says beamer, or more likely just BMW. I just say BMW, it's only three letters.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii

FWIW, I kind of agree with you that it's dumb. Never in my life have I heard the word "bimmer" (seen it on Anandtech plenty, never heard it). Everyone I know says beamer, or more likely just BMW. I just say BMW, it's only three letters.

Well, "beamer" is two syllables while "BMW" is five syllables. Saying "beamer" is more efficient. :p

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
That's what I call a backseat driver (slapping knee hard)

If you drove next to him, it wouldn't look like there was anyone driving... you would just see two long arms coming from the back seat.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
Originally posted by: brunswickite
is that a 7 series?

from the pic the car looks small, or is it me?

Yeah, it is. Pretty amazing that he needs to modify such a large car to fit (but on the other hand, I am 6'4" and have to move the seat all the way back on nearly any car).

6'7" chiming in here :Q

I am jealous of all that room!!

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
I've always said beamer... Bimmer just sounds like... a condom or something.

Bill

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Man that is crazy how far the the driver seat is!

Koing

CaseTragedy

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: cjchaps
That's what I call a backseat driver (slapping knee hard)

If you drove next to him, it wouldn't look like there was anyone driving... you would just see two long arms coming from the back seat.
lmao...dork :beer:

RaiseUp

Banned
Dec 7, 2002
Hey, we have one of those ! Although, the drivers seat isn't that far back in our car .

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
yeah i realize that it's bimmer, but myself and all my friends have only used "beamer" or "beemer" when describing cars. And if we're talking about one online, we say BMW

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm

Good idea! You are wrong.
:p

A "You are wrong!" for you! :D:beer:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I thought it was going to be a bmw 4 door modded into a 2 door.

I'd like to see him get into that thing. The seat is practically next to the rear door, so he can't just tuck his head and plop down, he's got to scoot towards the back.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
:beer::D:beer:
It's getting quite funny, actually. :D
Glad I could oblige. I will probably get funnier as the evening wears on since I will be working until 10:00 and I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep. :beer:

ZV

WobbleWobble

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001

Let's see what my poll says...

So far it says "beamer" :)