Yankees Lose Pettite, but gain Kevin Brown

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
yep, had a feeling Pettite would go play near his hometown. The guy has 4 rings already. Brown better come through for the Yanks or they could be in trouble

ClueLis

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: MazerRackham
Kevin Brown stinks... who did the Dodgers get in return?

Weaver, so you guys didn't lose much in the trade. Good luck trying to get a lot of starts out of Brown, though.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nice trade for the Yankees. Brown is far better than Weaver IMO and with some run support I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see 20 W's out of him.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
15 million dollars X 2 years for a 39 y/o pitcher with more injuries than Wilt has bedded women? You've got to be joking!

Great news for Sox fans, now we're even:

Headcases:
Yanks: +1 (Brown, soon to be +2 with Sheffield)
Sox: +1 (Manny)

EDIT: ohhh I hope they put Shef's locker next to Brown's again! :evil:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
15 million dollars X 2 years for a 39 y/o pitcher with more injuries than Wilt has bedded women? You've got to be joking!

Headcases:
Wrong
Sox: +2 (Manny and Pedro)

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
good deal imo.

weaver couldn't handle the pressure in NY. hopefully brown will step up and pitch some good games for us!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: m2kewl
good deal imo.

weaver couldn't handle the pressure in NY. hopefully brown will step up and pitch some good games for us!

Brown will win 8 games and then get hurt again. You heard it here first.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Headcases:
Wrong

Soon to be:

Sox +3 (Nomar is getting really pissed over Arod talks)

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Originally posted by: MazerRackham
Kevin Brown stinks... who did the Dodgers get in return?

what the hell is evans thinking? brown was just starting to get better and had an awesome era last season. weaver is a good pitcher but not the same caliber as a kevin brown.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Argo

Headcases:
Wrong

Soon to be:

Well if Nomar would have stepped up to the plate during the playoffs he wouldn't have to deal with this BS. This is the last year of his contract, look for him to be in a Giants uniform afterwards!

ClueLis

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2003

Headcases:
Wrong

Soon to be:

My guess is that now the Sox will have to trade Manny for A-Rod and get rid of Nomar as a result. That would bring it back down to 1.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Headcases:
Wrong

No way, Petey is fine and couldn't be better in his time off. He just likes to headhunt Yankees, it's expected since they're rivals. Get over it already.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Headcases:
Wrong

No way, Petey is fine and couldn't be better in his time off. He just likes to headhunt Yankees, it's expected since they're rivals. Get over it already.
Until he's in another pressure situation and he comes completely unglued!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Headcases:
Wrong

Soon to be:

Well if Nomar would have stepped up to the plate during the playoffs he wouldn't have to deal with this BS. This is the last year of his contract, look for him to be in a Giants uniform afterwards!
Although I like Nomar he really didn't do much in the playoffs. Also, his agent is a freaking TWIT. He advised Nomar to turn down a 4 yr/60million deal (God knows why), and a 13.5/14mil a year deal mid season last year. It's Nomar's own fault, he should have known his market value would drop since noone would take big money guys anymore (or sign them).

I'll take ARod over Nomar anyday, think of all the millions he'll bring in with his mug alone on NESN. And all the women who like him just b/c of his looks and he's single ;)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Headcases:
Wrong

Soon to be:

Although I like Nomar he really didn't do much in the playoffs. Also, his agent is a freaking TWIT. He advised Nomar to turn down a 4 yr/60million deal (God knows why), and a 13.5/14mil a year deal mid season last year. It's Nomar's own fault, he should have known his market value would drop since noone would take big money guys anymore (or sign them).

I'll take ARod over Nomar anyday, think of all the millions he'll bring in with his mug alone on NESN. And all the women who like him just b/c of his looks and he's single ;)
Didn't you know he was Gay? Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I wonder why the Yankees let Pettitte go. It isn't the money because they are going to spend more money and still have poorer pitching.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
I wonder why the Yankees let Pettitte go. It isn't money because they are going to spend more money and still have poorer pitching.
Hell Pettite has reached the pinnacle of his profession many times. I doubt that he minds playing for a team that might not be guaranteed a playoff berth just to do what he loves and to be close to his family (plus making huge money to boot)

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002

Headcases:
Wrong

You mean until his manager decides to leave him in for too long?

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I wonder why the Yankees let Pettitte go. It isn't money because they are going to spend more money and still have poorer pitching.
Hell Pettite has reached the pinnacle of his profession many times. I doubt that he minds playing for a team that might not be guaranteed a playoff berth just to do what he loves and to be close to his family (plus making huge money to boot)

I agree. He took a lot less money to play for the Houston Astros. But the Yankees could have kept him if they really wanted to. He said in his interviews today that until a couple of weeks ago he had planned on ending his career with the Yankees. I think a call from GS would have made the difference.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

I agree. He took a lot less money to play for the Houston Astros. But the Yankees could have kept him if they really wanted to. He said in his interviews today that until a couple of weeks ago he had planned on ending his career with the Yankees. I think a call from GS would have made the difference.
Even Darth Vader left the dark side. Why can't Andy?

:D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: fanerman91

Headcases:
Wrong

You mean until his manager decides to leave him in for too long?
Big deal, wo8uld the Sox fans have been satisfied with beating the Yanks only to lose in the WS to the Marlins?? Err.. check that, of course they would have:)

BTW, where is Pudge going to play next year? The Giants sure could use him!