Yankee Stadium

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
I just bought a couple tickets to wednesday's game and didnt realize it was a "non alcoholic" section. Does that mean they dont serve beers in the section or you are not allowed to drink in the section?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
this thread + your username = irony? :p

I think it means that you can't drink in the section, though it's been awhile since I've been there.

Dec 10, 2005
As far as I always saw at Yankee Stadium, every section sells beer or people are at least drinking it in every section.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Little update

The game got rained out so we were able to exchange the tickets for another game. We were able to get better seats that werent in a family friendly location and against a better team (Detroit). Overall I have to say it was worth it.

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
Wow, I didn't know that Tier 14 was a non alcohol section.

That does explain why tickets in that teir are so much cheaper on Stubhub/ebay.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Originally posted by: rpbri2886

yeah i was kinda suprised when I got them for $5 each when the face value was $17. I believe there is another section that is family friendly as well - Tier 13?

Al Neri

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2002
i didn't read the thread, but unless you are in the bleachers you can just walk to a drinking section and get beers

if you are in the bleachers there's no way you can get beer... you either need to smuggle alcohol in (good luck), or drink before hand ...

the mets are the better team !

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
The entire bleachers are alcohol free, but not remotely family friendly.
Most people enter drunk. Amazing what 5 minutes of clarity can do for you.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
well, i meant aside from the bleachers - tiers 14 and 13 are alcohol free zones.

if u do sit in the bleachers....beware of the bleacher creatures ;)

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
Originally posted by: alkohoLiK
Originally posted by: rpbri2886

yeah i was kinda suprised when I got them for $5 each when the face value was $17. I believe there is another section that is family friendly as well - Tier 13?

Well, Wednesday was one of the "$5 Fuji Flim games"

They do like 12 games each year where every tier, bleacher, and tier MVP (normally $45) seat is $5.

Not such a great bargain for bleachers, but awesome for the tier, and really awesome for tier MVP.