YAMT: Was the Matrix 2 worth watching? SHOULD I go see it?

AthlonXP

Banned
Apr 19, 2003
I thought the first one was super boring, and didn't like X-Men 2 much other than the first fight scene. Is there enough action in the Matrix 2 from keeping me bored with the scfi storyline?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
IMHO, if you don't find the story or concept interesting, there are very few movies you can actually watch just for the action (with the possible exception of Jean Claude Van Damm and Steven Segal and those guys). Matrix 2 is excellent, but while the action is good, the storyline is what makes it cooler than hell. If you don't like "scifi" storylines, you're going to miss out on the Matrix 2, especially if you thought the first one was "boring". Not a big fan of plot, are ya? ;)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
no, u should try to find a showing of irreversible. it too has monica belluci

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: AthlonXP
I thought the first one was super boring, and didn't like X-Men 2 much other than the first fight scene. Is there enough action in the Matrix 2 from keeping me bored with the scfi storyline?

Considering you found those two movies boring, I think you 1) need to take some Adderall to control your ADD, and 2) stop posting, because you have so far proven yourself to be nothing more than a flamebait throwing troll.

AthlonXP

Banned
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: amnesiac
Originally posted by: AthlonXP

Considering you found those two movies boring, I think you 1) need to take some Adderall to control your ADD, and 2) stop posting, because you have so far proven yourself to be nothing more than a flamebait throwing troll.

I think you should get a life:).

edit: really! you should! (judging from your post count)

y2kc

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2000

Based on your comments, I don't think you should go. It really sounds like you would not enjoy this film at all.

Aboroth

Feb 16, 2000
Matrix 2 sucks. There was so much fighting it got boring. Plus the plot (what little plot there was) SUCKED. Every time they introduced a new plot device I rolled my eyes. It was lame and a waste of money.

The first one was a lot better.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Aboroth
Matrix 2 sucks. There was so much fighting it got boring. Plus the plot (what little plot there was) SUCKED. Every time they introduced a new plot device I rolled my eyes. It was lame and a waste of money.

Thanks I was afraid of that. The first one I felt they were a little to proud of thier special effects and showed them over and over, but it had a wonderful story. Hard to dulicate and almost impossible to surpass an orginal:)

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
As a projectionist I had to screen all three prints to make it ok.. each time I watched it I disliked the movie more and more.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Originally posted by: Aboroth

Thanks I was afraid of that. The first one I felt they were a little to proud of thier special effects and showed them over and over, but it had a wonderful story. Hard to dulicate and almost impossible to surpass an orginal:)

I thought there was a hell of a lot more plot in 2 than in 1....just my opinion though

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
The grim news is that The Matrix Reloaded is as messy and flat-footed as its predecessor is nimble and shapely. It's an ugly, bloated, repetitive movie that builds to a punch line that should have come an hour earlier (at least). Then it ends as it's just beginning: Stay tuned for The Matrix Revolutions, coming in November to 8,000 theaters near you.

Slate

Guess I'll skip it & just go to the gun show & bond with all my inbred redneck brethren:D