YAMST - Santa Clarita, CA High School

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
It's a real shame that this is such banal news. Another mass shooting at a school? Yawn. We, as a country, have decided we don't care. Besides, do you know how many people died this week from second hand smoke?

Edit: only 3 injured per that article, no one even dead yet. There's not even a needle for this story to move.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
In before some right wing media pundit blames this shooting on a) impeachment, b) Hollywood elites/liberal media, c) video games, or d) poor forest management.

Gabe323

Apr 29, 2002
Something something "phony" 2A allowing this to continue.

Thoughts and prayers

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Read it's a 15 yo kid. Wonder where he got the gun? I hope he didn't get it from his parents, as that would be irresponsible security on their part.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Read it's a 15 yo kid. Wonder where he got the gun? I hope he didn't get it from his parents, as that would be irresponsible security on their part.

They will be open to serious lawsuits. Too bad the nra fights palm print technology.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
He got it from somewhere, and no matter where he got it from it was irresponsible security on the owner's part.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
And the gun industry for resisting palm readers.
That is just one of a long list of things the gun industry has done to exacerbate this issue.
If they were serious about reducing gun violence they would work with lawmakers to pass sensible laws instead of just opposing everything that could reduce their record profits.

Reactions: Meghan54

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
It's a real shame that this is such banal news. Another mass shooting at a school? Yawn. We, as a country, have decided we don't care. Besides, do you know how many people died this week from second hand smoke?

Edit: only 3 injured per that article, no one even dead yet. There's not even a needle for this story to move.

How about we look at Chicago this week rather than second hand smoke:

Week in Progress (11/10 – 11/16)
Shot & Killed: 3
Shot & Wounded: 18
Total Shot: 21
Total Homicides: 5

Mass shooting deaths this year in the USA: 385... Killed in Chicago 415.

Chicago doesn't even get a blip on the radar when it comes to the news. Of course mass shootings won't hit the airwaves.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

Chicago doesn't even get a blip on the radar when it comes to the news. Of course mass shootings won't hit the airwaves.

You dont actually care about chicago gun deaths. Its just your go to whataboutism.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004

The difference is that the shootings in Chicago impact a relatively small footprint of the population, primarily those in the immediate proximity. While I'm not saying this is okay, the difference with school shootings is that they affect the entire nation. It may not be rational, but it has infiltrated the psyche of every school in our country. My daughter's school had a threat for a shooting today. The police investigated it and found the threat to not be credible, but it still caused a huge disturbance for the entire community. Police were all over around the school today. And then one of the first headlines I see is a school shooting in California. No, I'm not afraid for the safety of my daughter. But I understand probability and statistics. My daughter's brain is not developed to the level where she has this understanding yet.

Reactions: Muse

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012

Second hand smoke? What if someone is smoking outside, and you're nearby. Can you get second hand smoke that way?
Oh, my condolsences. :(

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
He used a .45 pistol. the most commonly used type of gun in the country for violence. i expect this to seep out of the media quickly because it was not an AR or some other semi auto rifle.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Just goes to show that we need GUN control and not just assault rifle control.

Reactions: Muse

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
He used a .45 pistol. the most commonly used type of gun in the country for violence. i expect this to seep out of the media quickly because it was not an AR or some other semi auto rifle.

2 deaths. 4 more injured from a 45 as opposed to a ar. I dont think you want people comparing these.

Reactions: ivwshane