YAMST El Paso Wall Mart

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
This whole tour Trump did yesterday isn’t just repulsive because he’s the President. No human being on the planet with any shred of decency or empathy would do this.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I just heard on ABC News Radio that the mother of the shooter called police a couple of weeks before the shooting, concerned that her son had bought the weapon. The cops asked if he was suicidal or had threatened anyone, to which she said no. So there was nothing for them to do. I have to give the mom credit for trying to get the attention of authorities. She knew something bad might happen and tried to do something about it.

That's more than the cops did, at least until it was too late not to do something. Think about that..

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

WOW!...that is disturbing. Next up, a trip to Mississippi for a thumb's up photo-op with the children who are sobbing because their parents have been arrested in preparation for deportation.

Remember many years ago, the memes of a USC cheerleader inserted into historic tragedies?

I can picture Trump giving a thumbs up in front of the smoldering Hindenburg, Auschwitz or the Crucifixion. You get the idea.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
WOW!...that is disturbing. Next up, a trip to Mississippi for a thumb's up photo-op with the children who are sobbing because their parents have been arrested in preparation for deportation.

Remember many years ago, the memes of a USC cheerleader inserted into historic tragedies?

I can picture Trump giving a thumbs up in front of the smoldering Hindenburg, Auschwitz or the Crucifixion. You get the idea.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...pital-parents-mass-shooting-a9049086.html?amp

Kinda like this(maybe posted already), just imagine if any Democrat behaved in this way, or imagine if Obama was this crass.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Jesus one of the two patients they brought back to the hospital for Trumps photo op was the baby whose parents were both killed trying to shield it from the gunman...

what makes this even more vermin-y, is in reflection of the headline there about McConnell refusing to call senators back to vote on popular gun control legislation....but the vermin of the GOP will call back an orphaned baby to exploit it for the scummiest of political points.

what a bunch of worthless swamp creatures. That entire family deserves the worst fucking cancer.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
This picture of Felonious D giving his usual thumbs up and his contract wife holding a child whose parents were murdered at the Walmart in El Paso a couple of days earlier is fucking disturbing. I mean, holy shit... using that kid like some political prop for this cheap shot. I can imagine him telling Melanoma after the shot "Toss the kid to that Mexican over there and let's get out of here."

flotus.png

I think his thumbs up is the equivalent to Dubya's "Mission Accomplished" banner.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
And how quickly they turn just because you disagree with how it was stated. Hmmph. What you really mean to say is 'my opinion (and others who agree with me) are the only right ones, anyone else is an idiot.'. Or in other words, another day another 'me me me' post.

The guy is smarter than, and knows more than probably anyone on this forum. Shame on him for making points that don't go along with the status quo of blame everyone but the people who do the wrongs. He gave no opinions on the subject, just pointed out the numbers and the psychology behind the spectacle and look at the reactions. The country has lost their collective common sense.

I really struggle to understand the mentality that decides certain people are all-purpose 'smart' and therefore must be right about everything. It often seems to involve someone who appears on TV, which apparently is a sign of all-aspects brilliance. People with expertise in certain fields turn out to be completely wrong about other fields all the damn time. In this case he's not _completely_ wrong, but he's making an incomplete argument and leaving a misleading impression. TheVrolok made a perfectly valid point about what the guy said.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
The left being afraid is good. Maybe they’ll think twice before trying to impose their proletariat revolution on the rest of us. Maybe they’ll remember the people whose wealth they want to distribute might not voluntarily go along with that.
Holy fuck, man. Your toxic cocktail of fear, anger and social ignorance positively oozes off the page. It's creepy.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This picture of Felonious D giving his usual thumbs up and his contract wife holding a child whose parents were murdered at the Walmart in El Paso a couple of days earlier is fucking disturbing. I mean, holy shit... using that kid like some political prop for this cheap shot. I can imagine him telling Melanoma after the shot "Toss the kid to that Mexican over there and let's get out of here."

View attachment 9392

I think his thumbs up is the equivalent to Dubya's "Mission Accomplished" banner.
This is pitiful, disgusting and repugnant.

I mean this mofo may be the devil himself.

Feb 16, 2005

Yea, but the photo-ops
Twitter-Recoils-at-WH-Photo-Op-of-Trump-Posing-with-El-Paso-Orphan.jpg

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Very normal, very sane Presidenting:

By the time President Trump arrived in El Paso on Wednesday, on the second leg of a trip to meet with people affected by mass shootings in two cities, he was frustrated that his attacks on his political adversaries had resulted in more coverage than the cheery reception he received at a hospital in Dayton, Ohio, the first stop on his trip. So he screamed at his aides to begin producing proof that in El Paso people were happy to see him.

Mr. Trump’s staff had kept reporters away from the president during his visit to avoid overwhelming patients recovering from the shooting, according to three people briefed on what took place. But when Mr. Trump saw the result, he was furious.

Aides have long said that Mr. Trump is heavily reactive to news coverage, and when he does something that he believes he should have been praised for — such as Wednesday’s visits to the cities — he grows furious when he does not receive accolades. But he has not adjusted his often casual approach to tragedy, including his penchant for flashing a thumbs-up sign in photographs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/...el-paso-shootings.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

The idea that he thinks he should be generously praised for doing the most basic tasks that the position and tradition his office demand is nuts. It's all about him 24/7 and nobody else. He doesn't care one whit about these people or anybody else for that matter.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
#Sad

#Pathetic
Yep :
By Friday, the photo had been widely disseminated after it became clear that the infant had lost his parents in a mass shooting, and had been brought back to the hospital after being discharged earlier in the week. In El Paso, Mr. Anchondo said that the attention surrounding his visit with the president had only brought more pain to his family.

In that video with the doctor, he's talking about his crowd size compared to Beto O'Rourke when he visited El Paso last time.

Worthless sack of shit.

Remember to vote in 2020 folks
Our country depends on it.

Last edited:

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Ted Lieu is slamming Walmart's response to the shooting:

In the wake of the horrific mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, the store has changed its policy — on video games. Walmart will now restrict advertisements for violent games, while leaving its gun sales and its permissive open carry policy completely untouched.

This response did not sit well with Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA), who pointed out the absurdity of Walmart’s response in a tweet on Friday:

Dear @Walmart, remember how:

Mario Kart caused people to drive faster?

Pac-Man caused folks to eat more?

Fortnite radicalized a white supremacist to shoot Hispanics at your store?

You disrespect the victims of mass shootings by making up stupid shit. Stop blaming video games. https://t.co/NEnqg38GbT

— Ted Lieu (@tedlieu) August 9, 2019
https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1159961357774536704?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Talk about a company doing less than nothing...

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Yep :
By Friday, the photo had been widely disseminated after it became clear that the infant had lost his parents in a mass shooting, and had been brought back to the hospital after being discharged earlier in the week. In El Paso, Mr. Anchondo said that the attention surrounding his visit with the president had only brought more pain to his family.

Now there is questions if that was even the right baby as the baby who's parents died had, according to the reports at the time, several broken bones caused by the mother falling on him and that baby does not appear to have any injuries in any photo.

Nov 25, 2013
Now there is questions if that was even the right baby as the baby who's parents died had, according to the reports at the time, several broken bones caused by the mother falling on him and that baby does not appear to have any injuries in any photo.

The guy standing next to Trump is the kid's uncle. Apparently both he and the dead father are/were Trump supporters.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. /s

Today Patrick Crusius, the shooter in this case, got sentenced to 90 consecutive life terms. He faces a potential death penalty in a separate state case for capital murder. Although he went through the store apparently trying to shoot only Mexicans and immigrants and had posted just before the shootings a white supremacist hate manifesto, his attorney said he wasn't racist. Sure. :rolleyes:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Come on, North Korea style. Jail your kids and kid’s kids. Share around the 90 life sentences to the gun shop owner and gun manufacturers

Reactions: hal2kilo