YAMGT: The final thread on the x girlfriend

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Hi everyone,

If you all remember, ever since December (and they stopped around April) I was posting a thread about my ex girlfriend from Boston who all of a sudden broke up with me out of no where because she was unhappy. See Text.

After she broke up with me, she studied abroad this past semester. She was still "up and down" about how she felt and I spent a lot of time calling her (see Text). We spent a lot of time discussing our relationship, and she kept going back and forth ... one day she was like "I want to be with you!" and the next day she was like "I dont know, I have doubts". I was doing everything to keep her. I even lost weight (see Text). I even set three goals to help me get over her or at least get ahead of the game (see Text).

I started getting really worried that it would be hard to find someone else (see Text). I even questioned how long it would take me to find someone new (see Text and Text).

Through the five months she studied abroad (January - May), I went through a lot. I got a GREAT job offer and realized I HAD to graduate (see Text). This took my mind off this girl who had just broken up with me in December for a little while, even though her and I still talked all the time. I started thinking about random things like getting married (see Text) and worrying about really stupid things (see Text).

In the middle of everything, I started being friends with benefits with a long time friend of mine (many of you will remember the 1000 post thread now deleted about me and my trip to Boston, but the start of it is this thread). I eventually did something with this girl which I later informed the ex girlfriend about while we were still ourselves debating whether to get back together. This kind of made her upset. Either way, me and this girl took some trips to Boston to help me get over my ex (I was able to convince her to go with me to Boston by playing this!).

I thought at times I was getting over my ex. I even thought at one point I really was... (Text). Really, it was just an hour long thought that disappeared when I left the bowling alley. I then tried to pretend I was over my ex by stopping these YAMGT's (see Text). Obviously didn't work...

As my ex began to start preparing to come home, and I began to start graduating and moving, I started noticing that her attitude was changing. She seemed to be drifting apart. The I love you'd became less frequent. I started questioning how, over night, someone could change so fast (see Text).

In the end, still wanting to eventually get back with my ex girlfriend, I considered moving to Boston to be near her (see Text). I also questioned whether or not to maybe live in New Jersey still (see Text). I found a perfect apartment complex in her town, but even questioned that! (see Text and Text). Instead, Idiot me moved to her town anyway, and now I'm unhappy (see Text).

Eventually, I started realizing I was being stupid and started requesting things I had said be revoked (see Text).

I'm going to honestly skip the pasting of about 15 more threads to save the sanity of most people reading this posting. Trust me, they are there. And I could have cut/paste them. But I DO have a point for this thread.

Recently, I'm unhappy where I've moved to (see Text). The ex girlfriend has come home from overseas, and I live about a mile from her. My new job is great. I've moved to North Jersey where I want to be (near my friends). But my ex has moved on. And all of this debating and questioning led to nothing. I should have realized and trusted everyone's advice back in December when she first broke up with me that things had just changed, and I had no control over it.

Today, I called her for closure. Three weeks ago she was still saying she missed me. Now that has stopped. She explained today that she is over me. I responded with that I needed time apart, and thank you for giving me the closure I needed.

I'm not really upset actually :) More pissed at myself for making so many decisions and spending an extra 6 months of my life revolved around her. I am moving out of her town tomorrow, about 20 minutes north of here, closer to where I grew up and my friends, and that will make getting over her a lot easier.

Most importantly: I look at the number of threads I wrote about this girl. Its pathetic. First loves are really hard to get over sometimes. But even with all the cute things she did for me (Buying me a pill case when I needed one, writing letters to me, etc.), there were issues, and I'm glad this stress is finally over.

My rant for the night and my final YAMGT about my ex. Hope you all enjoyed the journey. I sure enjoyed the effects: I lost 40+ pounds, I graudated, and am paying off debt. Sure, most of this was done over the past 6 months thinking about her, but now its time to move on.

Have a nice night all :)

-Matt

Jun 27, 2005
So what happened to the hot chick you showered/cuddled and eventually (after a torturously long time) had sex with?

Are we back on the original GF again? Sweet jesus... move forward!

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
The worst part comes right before you make the decision to move on. After that, you no longer feel guilty when you drive them out of your mind.

alimoalem

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2005
i'm glad to hear about your progress, mjuszczak. i havne't come across any of your other threads (as hard as that may seem :p) mostly because i only come into OT once a week or so but it's good to hear something positive (your postive progress) has happened in OT

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
this is one of the better YAGT i have ever read.

its written well and im glad that the entire journey has left you in a better place than you were 6 months ago.

congrats and, again, good post.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
So what happened to the hot chick you showered/cuddled and eventually (after a torturously long time) had sex with?

Are we back on the original GF again? Sweet jesus... move forward!

you didn't bother reading the entire OP, did you?

Tommouse

Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: quasarsky
Originally posted by: Eli
Holy sh!t, that's a lot of threads.

:confused:

Stop just posting confused emoticon. Add something when you post, stop neffing! So many of your posts are that damned emoticon. :disgust:

On Topic: GJ! Glad to hear you are improving and moving on :thumbsup:

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: maziwanka
this is one of the better YAGT i have ever read.

its written well and im glad that the entire journey has left you in a better place than you were 6 months ago.

congrats and, again, good post.

Thanks!

pclstyle

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2004
Originally posted by: mjuszczak
....But my ex has moved on. And all of this debating and questioning led to nothing. I should have realized and trusted everyone's advice back in December ...

-Matt

hey man, it's all good now, no hard feelings.

But now, per your duty and obligation, you must now paste that line into every single YAGT posted on ATOT. every single one.

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: pclstyle
Originally posted by: mjuszczak
....But my ex has moved on. And all of this debating and questioning led to nothing. I should have realized and trusted everyone's advice back in December ...

-Matt

hey man, it's all good now, no hard feelings.

But now, per your duty and obligation, you must now paste that line into every single YAGT posted on ATOT. every single one.

There are about 56.