Ya'll gettin enough water?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Saw on CBS News this morning about CA is in a huge drought and how restaurants/BnB owners have to pay big money to have water to bring in by trucks and even those temporary trucks will be gone soon.

I will put this here, from NatGeo.

And yet in P+N, we have bozos advocate to have more and more people to come in the US with no restriction. Hey, let feed and house the whole world population, what the worse could happen.

.Too much water could be very bad too.

Lagos floods: Africa's most populous city could be unlivable in a few decades, experts warn | CNN

Last edited:

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
or just load up a tanker and dump it through the middle of the pacific, which is gigantic.
Makes it more expensive. Since it's already expensive (high energy costs in particular), that doesn't improve feasibility - until states/countries get very desperate.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yesterday a deluge washed out my garden and damaged parts of my lawn.

Today we are supposed to have a heat wave. The kind that kills oldies and children.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Yesterday a deluge washed out my garden and damaged parts of my lawn.

Today we are supposed to have a heat wave. The kind that kills oldies and
What state do you live in shorty?

Feb 4, 2009
What state do you live in shorty?

Northeast has been getting a crap ton of rain since spring time.
I was talking to a neighbor last night how nice it was to not have a water ban but I haven’t needed to water anything in months.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I brought 104 oz of half ice half water in my lunch bucket and not much food. it's going to be in the high 80s today.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Northeast has been getting a crap ton of rain since spring time.
I was talking to a neighbor last night how nice it was to not have a water ban but I haven’t needed to water anything in months.
Yes, our reservoirs are full. I haven't watered the lawn and still not burnt grass (well, not burnt weeds in the back lawn :rolleyes:). My wife's rosebush looks like it's going to take over that back corner of our lot.
Heat indices for the next three days up in the 100s (freedumb units).

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Damn, in the middle of a heat warning, and we're about to get rain in 2 hours, according to the weather guy.

Gonna be gross all weekend.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I find rain always makes the temp drop right down. Crazy how fast it can happen too. Can get a 20 degree drop in like 10 minutes. Then it's crappy for like a week.

For a while it seemed like it was cooling down, and leaves are even starting to yellow but in past few days it's been very hot, think we're entering another heat wave. 28C feels like 35C :eek:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
happened again.
rain pounded ridiculously hard for 5 minutes.
garden washed out.

One day I gotta hire some guys to remake everything.
Pain in the butt.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Wind is crazy here too and so is heat and humidity. Won't complain at this point though, because in general it has been cooling down especially at night. Leaves are starting to change colour too. It's like clockwork as soon as August hits. Winter is coming.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Saw on CBS News this morning about CA is in a huge drought and how restaurants/BnB owners have to pay big money to have water to bring in by trucks and even those temporary trucks will be gone soon.

I will put this here, from NatGeo.

And yet in P+N, we have bozos advocate to have more and more people to come in the US with no restriction. Hey, let feed and house the whole world population, what the worse could happen.

.Too much water could be very bad too.

Lagos floods: Africa's most populous city could be unlivable in a few decades, experts warn | CNN

That's a bunch of crap. The polar ice is melting at alarming rates. The water's coming....just be patient!

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
105F Heat Index today, not awesome. To top it off, ragweed season is early this year (why does that effing weed even exist!).