Yale honors 9-year-old girl whose white neighbor called police while she caught lanternflies.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Because little black 9 year old girls deserve to have the cops called on her by male Karens just because she was conducting science experiments.

I'm please Yale decided to honor this budding scientist.

Bobbi Wilson’s lanternfly-killing efforts were interrupted months into her operation when her neighbor Gordon Lawshe contacted Caldwell police on Oct. 22, 2022. He reported suspicions about a “little Black woman walking and spraying stuff on the sidewalks and trees,”

Bobbi’s mother, Monique Joseph, told the Times that helping address the insect infestation “empowered” her daughter, and she hopes the resulting police call can be a “teachable moment” about the dangers of racial profiling on Black children.

Yale honors 9-year-old girl whose white neighbor called police while she caught lanternflies - TheGrio

Congrats to Bobbi Wilson

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Local Puss-cake is scared of 9-year old black girl.
republican-politician-gordon-lawshe-calls-police-on-9-year-v0-4pURQaPlYFDFT2fRNNd71tl4_lHfG4iEdCE9KqPkccg.png

In a recording of the call, obtained by The Daily Beast, Lawshe told the responding officer: “There’s a little Black woman, walking, spraying stuff on the sidewalks and trees on Elizabeth and Florence. I don’t know what the hell she’s doing, scares me though.” He added that the girl was “real tiny” and had a hood on.

Dawwwwg Whistle!

amirite?

• Haha
Reactions: Lezunto

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
They should be arrested for abuse of the 911 system at least. And toss a hate crime on it be the best

Reactions: hal2kilo

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I had not heard of lanternflies. They're kind of pretty.

1675694642129.png

Oh, and the guy is a douchebag.

Reactions: tweaker2

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
The reality is there will always be some nosy busybody somewhere that just can't mind their business.

Their gender or ethnic origins are irrelevant. They all have this in common: stupid, douchenoozle, self-centered egocentric personalities combined with a jealous, spiteful and hate-filled mind.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The reality is there will always be some nosy busybody somewhere that just can't mind their business.

Their gender or ethnic origins are irrelevant. They all have this in common: stupid, douchenoozle, self-centered egocentric personalities combined with a jealous, spiteful and hate-filled mind.
Calling the police on a 9 year old black girl is 100 steps beyond. He described her as a woman not a little kid.

More then just a nosy neighbor. What happens next time when the black kid gets arrested? Classic case of a young black life being put at unnecessary risk.

Reactions: Meghan54

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Calling the police on a 9 year old black girl is 100 steps beyond. He described her as a woman not a little kid.

More then just a nosy neighbor. What happens next time when the black kid gets arrested? Classic case of a young black life being put at unnecessary risk.
I did say:

"stupid, douchenoozle, self-centered egocentric personalities combined with a jealous, spiteful and hate-filled mind "

that last part explains motivation very well.

I don't want to see anyone anywhere go through unnecessary harm like her. This occurs everywhere humans exist. Where I live the most marginalized group is indigenous people. They are on the receiving end horrendous abuse by society just for being themselves.

• Wow
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Let’s not forget the last part of his dog whistle description of her…she was wearing a hood.

Reactions: Lezunto

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
State of Hawaii has had good success with releasing sterilized male insects into the targeted invasive infestations as well as genetically modified ones that, upon being reproduced render the species vulnerable to what nature would otherwise protect the species with.

Short of reasons why I'm not aware of, these methods may work with local infestations of the lanternfly.

And yes, that racist dude who called the cops on that child should be sterilized as well.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Local Puss-cake is scared of 9-year old black girl.
republican-politician-gordon-lawshe-calls-police-on-9-year-v0-4pURQaPlYFDFT2fRNNd71tl4_lHfG4iEdCE9KqPkccg.png

In a recording of the call, obtained by The Daily Beast, Lawshe told the responding officer: “There’s a little Black woman, walking, spraying stuff on the sidewalks and trees on Elizabeth and Florence. I don’t know what the hell she’s doing, scares me though.” He added that the girl was “real tiny” and had a hood on.

Dawwwwg Whistle!

amirite?
This guy is a contender! For securing the GOP nomination for prez in '24.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
not to belittle the abject racism here, but if I saw a little kid (or a perceived "little woman") of any race/color/creed spraying the sidewalk I can't think of a scenario where I'd be like "Yeap, better call the cops on this one!' I mean how insecure and scared must you be to call the cops for something like this? And if you're curious ask the person.

It must suck horribly living in such a frightening little world and not even realizing it