YAJOT - Yet Another Job Offer Thread

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
About 5 years ago I moved to the small town I'm now living and working in. I have a sweet paying job, but it just isn't stimulating. I started a job search, starting mainly with friends and other contacts, and ended up scoring an interview with a large, widespread consulting company doing some work much more in line with what I'm interested in.

However, this job requires a move to my hometown of Edmonton, Alberta. I don't mind the place, but I'm really torn about leaving the place I'm at now. I love my town, have tons of great friends, my wife has many good friends here, many of whom have kids the same age as my daughter etc.

The money is pretty much the same as I make now, similar benefits, easy to access location via public transit if I wanted it that way, paid parking if I drove ...

My biggest worry is heading back to the 'big' city (relatively anyway), getting the big mortgage etc.

I don't really have a question to ask ... just wanted to write that.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Seems like this is a decision you gotta make as a family with your wife, daughter, not something a stranger on a forum can make for you. Good luck. :)