YAJMVPT: I have another suggestion for McCain's VP...

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
My first suggestion was former OK Congressman J.C. Watts.

My second suggestion is...drumroll please...

LT. GEN. Russel L. Honoré (RET)

He is one bad-ass, John Wayne dude!

I have no idea what his political affiliation is. I don't really care. All I know is that this General cares about one thing: cracking sculls and getting shit done!

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
JC Watts or another military guy?

The level of, ahem, *identity politics* this cycle is amazing to me.

So much talk of balancing out tickets soley on the basis of race or gender.

How about we go with *qualifications*?

I don't think McCain needs a military guy; I think he's got that angle covered by himself.

I could understand if he chose someone to help win a swing state, at least I'm used to that.

I'd prefer, however, that he (same for Obama) chose someone he could work very well together with and provided some needed expertise. Pawlenty has some major econ/budgeting muscle. Romney also has some serious biz experience, but he's too unpopular IMO.

I also wish the candidates would have to anounce their cabinet choices. Instead of spreading around the political spoils we might actually see some qualified people in positions of power.

I think the cabinet positions affect our daily lives more than is acknowleged.

Fern

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile

I have no idea what his political affiliation is. I don't really care. All I know is that this General cares about one thing: cracking sculls and getting shit done!

Yes, that's what we need. Another cowboy leader with a war first foreign policy. :thumbsup:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. As to suggestion one, I doubt J.C. Watts would run. He got tired of being the show cased token black Uncle Tom
to be displayed only once every four years. It does get a little tiresome to be shoved back into the attic thereafter
and then be required to wait another 207 weeks to see the light of day again. So why does not the GOP just cut to the chase and nominate Clarence Thomas for VP? And then at the same time they can prove that black voters don't always lockstep vote for a black.

2. And there are always uses for gung ho types in Iraq. To prove that he is qualified to run, they can always issue him an un armored Humvee and a full tank of gas. And then he can run security for our convoys and allow us to fire blackwater. If on the other hand he runs into a roadside bomb, it does save the lives of otherwise valuable American troops while telling the GOP he was not quite VP timber.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The funny thing is that I don't think there have really been that many McCain VP threads. It seems like most people don't really care that much who he picks. (honestly)

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: eskimospy
The funny thing is that I don't think there have really been that many McCain VP threads. It seems like most people don't really care that much who he picks. (honestly)

we care... well, I do. it could make the difference between voting for McCain versus staying home.

there's just not much point in speculatory threads when the base to chose from is so broad.

for me at least, McCain needs to pick someone that I could conceivably see sitting behind the desk of the oval office, not just someone to appeal to a certain demographic or region.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
Originally posted by: loki8481
for me at least, McCain needs to pick someone that I could conceivably see sitting behind the desk of the oval office, not just someone to appeal to a certain demographic or region.

I'm reading this as an implied threat on McCain's life and the proper authorities have been notified.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: eskimospy

I care a little...

The smart money's on Pawlenty, but I think Huckabee would be his best (worst if you're a Dem) option

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: mxyzptlk
Originally posted by: loki8481

I'm reading this as an implied threat on McCain's life and the proper authorities have been notified.

Heh heh. It's Father Time making the threat...

There isn't a judge in the country (outside of Texas) who'll hear that case