YAJ(ob)T: Gah, no news yet

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
So I talked to the guy who wants to hire me for his team 4 weeks ago, and at that time he said within 30 days he should know about a job. The company's gone through some restructuring and they wouldn't have positions all moved around for a few weeks, so he should've known by how.

I figure 28 days later is a good time to call and I didn't want to wait all weekend to talk to him, so I call today. It turns out right after we last talked his boss went on a 3 week vacation, and now this guy is going on vacation next week. So we'll setup a meeting in a couple weeks, talk about some new products coming out & such, then talk about the "details" of the position. This department lost several people in the restructuring who took other jobs or didn't want to move when they changed headquarters, so its looking positive, but goddamn I'm tired of waiting!!!

Part-time is only paying so much, the bills aren't getting any smaller, and I've got to start paying back nearly $40K in student loans in October. This job will be perfect, pay should be fine for now, and this guy wants me on his team; he just essentially has to get permission and with several people leaving the department as a whole, it shouldn't be a problem it sounds like. :eek:

:clock::clock::clock::clock:

compnovice

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2005
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak

This job will be perfect, pay should be fine for now, and this guy wants me on his team; he just essentially has to get permission and with several people leaving the department as a whole, it shouldn't be a problem it sounds like. :eek:

:clock::clock::clock::clock:

Bureaucracy is a b1tch...