YAJ(Job)T: How would you handle this?

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
I just started a part-time job (Job A), as in this week is going to be my 2nd week with them. I also even MORE recently got a full-time job (Job B).

Once Job B starts, timing wont be an issue. However, I must do a training session this week at another location. The training for Job B is from 9-5. Job A starts at 6. The place where Job B's training is at is about hour and a half to 2 hours away from Job A, meaning I will obviously be late. I'd like to keep Job A still.

Also should note, this conflict will only happen tomorrow and Friday. The rest of the time I have no conflict.

So how would you handle this to make all parties happy? I have an idea or two of my own, just want to see what ATOT has to offer.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
personally I would call in sick or take a personal day and just say it's for "personal reasons"

my experience == most employers don't like you being employed for someone else - since it's part time it might not matter

EDIT:

I'm assuming both employers are in TOTALLY different industries?

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Job A = Part time security at a Bowling Alley... Most people that have this job have it as a 2nd job.
Job B = Full time security position with FermiLab...

Keep in mind these aren't my most desired occupations. Im taking these jobs so I can get a little $$$ in the bank while I work on other career goals.

My plan was to go into Job A tonight and tell them about me being late. I don't think it should be a huge problem. (I hope)

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Just explain that you have to do something on those two days of interrupt, and mention that you'll have to start later on in the day.

If all else fails, bribe them with a :cookie:

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Talk with your boss at Job A and see if you can juggle some hours to make Job B work.

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
hehe, i think the bowling alley could be without a security guard for a little while :p

When I worked last night, there was a huge thing at the Skating rink (right next to us) with a bunch of cops and a huge crowd. We suspected it was something gang related or a major fight.

It's not exactly the best neighborhood around there.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
congrats on the new job! Wilson Hall is one of my favorite buildings in the world.

Just get a coworker to cover your conflicting shift for you.