Yahoo News---Warner may back democratic withdrawal plan.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The following link just in from yahoo news.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...aw8TrCpiuCAt4UCUOs0NUE

The more I see of Warner, the more convinced I become that the man has lost his marbles. On the talk shows, he made some hinting noises to the effect that is is 80 years old, is not physically up to being on all kinds of fact findings missions, and may not run for re-election in 08.

But I was more shocked by his somewhat bizarre reasoning regarding Iraq. Listening to Dick Lugar in other forums yielded an entirely different scenario for GOP moderates. I also note the so called democratic withdrawal plan does not seem to have much democratic support.

I had hoped Warner would propose a more sense able middle ground between stay the course and cut and run. But sadly, in MHO, seems to offer little hope to develop the type of Iraqi plan that this country and world so badly needs.

For a man who is a so called student of history, I very much wonder if he understands what he is seeing in Iraq. Because Iraqi, like an elephant, can feel vastly different, and it just depends part want to grab onto.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
You do know his next election is coming up right. ;) That and Webb, the other VA senator, ran on platform calling for us to get out of Iraq and beat someone that was supposed to be a top person to run for president.

Funny how its pretty much republicans that are coming up for election that are singing a new tune.