YAGT: what would you do? (warning, -EXTREMELY- long. possible cliff-notes)

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
(total word count : about 3000) cliffnotes at bottom

I'm not typically a YAGT poster, but I just need to get this off my chest, hopefully I'll be a little more clear-minded tomorrow for my 12-hour day.

Anyway.. this will probably turn out rather long. So this spans quite a long period, about two years. I met my current gf during the beginning of my first semester of college which was two years ago. At the time I don't think we thought that much of each other. She was shy, and I was just getting away from being shy but wasn't quite outgoing. I met her through a girl I met in one of my classes. I started talking to her cause she seemed really into the course, hard-working, etc and overall seemed like a good person to associate myself with. I wanted to try and do better, cause my history at school was pretty sh1tty, I always just barely got by and I never did homework, never tried much, etc. So I got to know her, and then my current gf at the time was her best friend.

So after talking to her once, we ended up hanging out on our own between classes and we pretty much argued about various things the whole time. It was kinda amusing but it was fun. She had a kind of confidence to her that I never saw in anyone before. Not really the way she acted, but just the way she ... seemed, I guess. Hard to explain. At that point I never really thought much would come of us two, I wasn't really interested at all.

I don't really know how to explain how or why, but the more time I spent with her the more I became interested and wanted to spend more time with her. It was different than with other people. She turned out to be this hopeless romantic type... the type that's really all into the whole romance thing, true love blah blah blah.. but the type that also feels like it would never happen to them in a million years. She had never dated. She was isolated to her books and studies. That was her pasttime, reading and studying and doing her family's bidding.

It was strange cause she never struck me as the type of girl I would 'go' for, but I wanted to be with her more and more. So after a couple months of knowing her, hanging out during breaks at college, etc, we tried a 'relationship'. We had ended up becoming close somehow, just being friends. Just simple things like her leaning on me, and we'd always be attacking (tickling) one another.. but she'd be comfortable with it, which is very important.

Her attitude/outlook at the time was ''she'd never date X kind of guy, she'd never be with someone who's X type", etc.. basically she wouldn't even consider someone who drinks or does drugs, or etc.. the whole high "morals" thing. Now I don't have a problem with that really, except that I DO drink recreationally (not a habit), and I have like many many people tried weed, yay I've done it a few times in my 20 years of life time. Big deal. But at the time, to her.. something like that WOULD be a VERY huge deal.

So after a couple months of (unspoken) semi-flirting, I finally decided to have a chat with her and tell her how I feel and that something has to change, cause I can't keep going like this and just be friends, I'd want more. Duh. So we spend hours talking about this and finally we come to a "conclusion" and decide to try a relationship. It was such a big deal to try and get an answer out of her, it was like having a debate. She was so thickheaded about it, its like she was closed off from reality. Why did I bother? Most guys would have just stayed away. I don't know.

So, we dated for a month at that point and nothing happened. It was hell just to try and hold her hand. Most guys would say @!#$ THAT after a couple days. We never really "dated" we were just "Bf/gf" and only really saw each other at school, and even then it was ultimately pathetic when you consider what a relationship is supposed to be. yet I stuck around. eventually I told her I couldn't take it anymore, cause it seemed like she didn't care, and I had feelings for her, etc.. and i couldn't stay in a relationship where NOTHING happened. We were CLOSER as friends than as a supposed "couple".

So it 'ended'. That was ok for a while and we seemed to be closer again, but then after being ''closer'' for a while as ''friends'', I couldn't take it anymore. It brought out the old feelings, and I just wanted more.. I wanted something of it. I couldn't stand just being close but yet so far from her, bound by "friendship only". So I go for it once more and say hey why don't we try this one more time. There was SO much talk, debate, discussion and much pain involved in all of this. At this point I already wouldn't know a single guy that would have bothered at that point. It would seem like an utterly hopeless case.

For the second time we dated... at first I thought things were going ok, but then I soon realized they were exactly the same. The relationship was going nowhere, I felt miserable, she was too apprehensive/shy to do anything.. I didn't pressure her, but I let her know how I feel and how it affected me. We communicated perfectly fine, we talked about stuff all the time. It just wasn't changing or making progress though and it was eating me up inside.

Finally I was convinced I had had enough and I had to break it off for good. I did it pretty badly too .. as she was leaving one afternoon I told her it couldn't continue (we had already discussed a lot earlier... and she seemed a certainly hopeless case). I told her I couldn't be with her with things the way they were, etc etc, and that it had to end NOW. In other words I broke up with her as she was leaving for the day, and it made both our days quite miserable. Man that time sucked ass.

So I was sure that was the best thing to do, and to just get away.. but I wanted to keep her as a friend at least, but I realized that it would be impossible to even be friends. After a few months of not being together - even though I could see anyone else, and I wasn't just staying home ... I always ended up missing her, and getting the feeling that I want to be with her. It started pissing me off more and more, until eventually I caved in and I brought it up AGAIN. There is SO much I'm leaving out in all this, but lets just say we talked about EVERYTHING so much that the topic was really beaten to death. I told her how I couldn't stand to not be with her. To see her regularly and just be some guy thats there and be nothing more to her than 'some friend'.

Once again I told her how I felt. Keep in mind at this point we had dated twice already, and we had done nothing more than hold hands and hug. This is after knowing each other for a year and dating a total of a few months. Most people kiss after the second or third date, and if nothing happens after a couple weeks or a month, they move on. That's most people judging from people I know. Somehow I still stuck around? What baffled me is that I had done stuff with other women before, and I stopped that when I realized I had nothing more than the physical aspect, cause it felt empty. I wanted something fulfilling. Yet I had NO physical aspect with this girl, and I still stuck around.

Anyway... we finally agree on trying it once more, but I made it quite clear that this was it. Third strike.. if it didn't work out, I wouldn't be able to talk to her anymore, I just couldn't. It had to work, or that's it. Game over. So we start the relationship, again. We go out to movies and whatever, do normal activities that couples might go to together. After a while I start to see that not much is changing. She made lots of progress from the beginning, not being as shy and such - but the essential problems remained. No progress had really been made. It started to sink in,. and I started to get into a more depressive state.

I ended up sending her an hours worth of offline icq messages after getting home from hanging out with my buddies one night, while she was out at a family gathering. I pretty much went nuts, let it all out... and let her know that I was on my last string, and that things really haven't changed (although I did let her know that I acknowledge the progress that she has made), and that I can't continue if things don't change NOW (cause I had enough of those SAME convos).

So finally I get a hold of her again the next day, and we don't talk much about it until later. So she had school the next day and I had a big day at work. I didn't care, I would still see her regardless of what I do the next day. She wanted to put it off till the next day after work, but finally she said fvck it and she came over to talk about it right away (that's more like it). So at this point we knew each other TWO YEARS, never even kissed. I tried everything I could think of to make her as comfortable as possible and obviously I try to encourage her etc, but I'm not gonna go through with a move if she's not responding, you know how it works.

So she's over, and nearly two hours pass, and nothing productive is happening. All she can say is "I dunno..." and hesitate and not really say much, cause after all we had discussed everything already so many times. We just lie there, and the time is ticking. I'm feeling quite discouraged, and losing all hope pretty much. There I was with someone I wanted to be with so badly and I couldn't even kiss them (she had never kissed a guy.. this was the one reason I held backfrom just DOING it).

It's not like I didn't try. I would brush pass her lightly, i'd be in perfect time/place for her to let it happen or go for it, but it would never happen. All that I've tried/done would pretty much make ANY girl I know just MELT and the girls I've talked to about it make that even more obvious. But she would always hesitate/get out of it. Finally, we're half asleep, and i'm close like usual, and this time when i pass by her lips, she doesn't move away quite as much.. and it just falls into place. I'm shocked it's actually happening. IT just happened, just like that. I didn't get one minute of sleep that night. Kissing her, despite it being her first kiss, us being half asleep, etc etc and all things considered... was exactly like i had always imagined, and it was amazing. We did that for about 5 hours (and no I didn't push for any further, it was enough for her to take in one night, considering how much of a hopeless romantic she is), and no I didn't get bored for one second. It was infinitely better than anything I did with previous girls despite what they looked like or whatever we did.

So at this point I'm thinking, great... we finally got past that huge barrier, it was like a huge weight lifted off my chest. The big L word was exchanged, and she ended up leaving at like 6 in the morning, and I worked all day on no sleep. It felt surreal. For her to do and say what she did, means so much more than anything anyone else has ever said, just cause of what I know of her and how much I do in fact know her.

So now, if you're still reading... comes the underlying problem to all this history. Basically all that suffering and agony and all our problems are rooted with her family. She has an insane fvcking overprotective family. She's 19 now. She's not supposed to be out late, she has to say where shes going who she'll be with when she'll be back, all the time? They take it to an INSANE level. It's such a bad situation that she seriously fears for her physical safety when returning home if she's even a bit later than she's "supposed" to. She was certain she would have been floored when she returned home after staying the night. Should any daughter be severely beaten for sleeping over somewhere? What happened to trust?

Basically I can't stand all the BS from her family and I can only imagine how it makes her feel, and she has to go through this every day and put up with their BS all the time, and somehow she manages to put up with it and they still get the time of day with her. It amazes me. There were times when she was dead certain that her bro or her dad would floor her, and there has been history of domestic violence problems in the household. I can't imagine what I would do if I heard she got home one night and her bro or father tried something. I fear for ME (jail time?) if I let myself loose on them after they did something. I've never experienced such intense hate for someone before. Imagining the scenario makes my blood boil. It makes me think... I don't know if there IS a limit to what I'd do for her.

She is just finishing college now. She is supposed to move out for university, but I don't see why she should live one more second in that household. It's making her life miserable. We miraculously managed to get past the problems in our relationship, with her living in that hell of a house, and it still hinders and affects both of us daily. She has to go home cause she's afraid for her safety if she's too late? WTF kind of freaking BS is that. She is into the medieval stuff, swords and daggers and stuff. Big LOTR/potter fan, sword of truth, etc.. into all that sort of thing. She got herself a dagger from a magic shop. A REAL dagger. Not some toy. So now I figure, great.. she can keep it with her if she feels threatened. But wtf what if something does happen? I don't want it to have to come to that, and I'd rather have the satisfaction of beating one of them down myself than her have to do something like inflict that kind of pain upon one of her own family members herself. Not that they've caused her any less pain, but thats not how the world works.

So... what should I do? I've told her she could talk to someone in social services and see if she can get a restraining order, and get them to force her family to pay/support her to go to school? I believe her family is legally bound to support her if she's a student which she is indeed. I want something to be resolved before either they pull something stupid, in turn causing me to do something REALLY stupid, or worse yet she requires to do something self defense and makes use of that dagger. That's not the reason she bought it, but it can be used for that.

I don't usually post YAGT threads, and I know this is a terribly long one and probably awfully boring to most of you, but I hope some of you take the time to read and understand it. I'm not some pimplegeek dork who's asking "how do I talk to this girl?!?!" or whatever - I'm hoping SOMEONE will offer some sound advise or at least their opinion on something. Crossing my fingers here. :p

Thanks in advance for any input. PMs/emails are acceptable but posts in here are perfectly fine. The stupid posts will be frowned upon. Cliff-notes to come.

CLIFF-NOTES:
[*]Met girl in first year of college. Got to know said girl more and more.
[*]Attempted dating and failed miserably. Nothing happened. Attempted again, failed miserably again. Much pain and anguish.
[*]finally tried a third time and things seemed to go better, but then realized they really weren't
[*]after an eternity, progress is finally made. passed insane milestone/block
[*]girls family is insane, overprotective, violent, dangerous
[*]just read the damn post you have nothing better to do right now anyway and it's more interesting than most stuff here OK! :p

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
She was certain she would have been floored when she returned home after staying the night. Should any daughter be severely beaten for sleeping over somewhere? What happened to trust?

okay--- has she ever actually been beaten? if she has, definetly call social services or someone liek that. If not, she's over 18-- if she reallly has that much of a problem with it, she can move out. If not---- i dont think its up to her to deal with her family. Will things actually be better if she is seperated from her family, i have a feeling that will just be bring on a whole set of new problems.

first, i think it might be time to give up on the relationship, and just try to be there, and help her as a freind.. You've tried 3 times, and it hasnt worked yet... i'm thinking it might not ever.

anyhow.. good luck mate.

PCMarine

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
I think we should nominate this thread as the longest comprehensible thread ever in ATOT.

Anywho, It's obvious you are infatuated (sp?) with the girl, but you must get passed it. You've tried the relationship 3 times, yet you still dewl over it. IMHO, you should:

1) Ditch the girl, she is obviously not going to work in the long run with you.
2) Etc. too lazy to type it all
3) Lighten up? Get some poontang from a hot girl if possible

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
wow. that's one hell of a post. looks like an email I would've wrote to an ex. :)

I'll try reading it, gimme an hour. ^_^

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
argh.... it's... just...too....long....sorry. lol, really though I have the attention span of a 2 year old....

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
gimme a goddamn break with these stupid threads. you people have social issues that are beyond help

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Originally posted by: yobarman
gimme a goddamn break with these stupid threads. you people have social issues that are beyond help
What's your problem? Seems as though you have some issues of your own. Fsck off, I can post a thread like this if I want. I'm not just posting this cause others post yagt threads, if you that's what you think. Anyway screw off you can go troll in someone else's thread, I think it's quite obvious that this is a serious post and not just a "nef" like most of the rest.

PCMarine and Rallispec - thanks for the input. Yes, I know it would seem as though I am infatuated. I have been infatuated before (before I knew her), I'm pretty sure this is not the same at all. To answer your question no she hasn't been beaten but she has witnessed some pretty disturbing things and overall has had a pretty traumatizing childhood, and has felt very physically threatened numerous times. Should she wait till something DOES happen? Don't you find it even MORE ridiculous that someone who's 19 STILL FEELS uneasy/unsafe in their own home?

I'm curious to know what other issues/problems that it would bring out (her being seperated from her family).

As for giving up on the relationship - I thought I had done that already once or twice in the past. Honestly the second time when I called it quits, I really DID call it quits. Seeing other people just didn't bring the same feeling at all. I know you say it would be better to be a "friend" for her instead and be "there" for her. However I am MOST there for her right now. I'm there for her in every way she needs me. I'm not just some guy who's like oh i'm a bf i need to get ass, i blah blah blah.. It's not like I'm there for her any less in any way cause I'm her bf, and I don't put pressure on her for anything relationship related. I want to see her situation improve or be resolved, and I'm always there for her to help her out with that - she knows that.

PCMarine - 1) how do you figure? it wasn't working in the short run, but after it having dragged on for so long, MUCH has changed and very much progress has been made, and the relationship is far far better than when we first tried. I feel a lot less worried about it not working out now, cause it seems to be working out very nicely since she finally was able to let herself go and be herself a bit.

2) ok
3) I am lightened up enough, sorry if the post seemed gloomy! i guess recalling to the first semester took its toll. anyway... 'get some poontang from a hot chick' , been there done that. wooo-hoooo.. it was fun the first time, even the second time.. but when you realize there is nothing more there than 'some chick', however "hot" she may be, it's just not the same. I find my relationship much more satisfying/fulfilling cause I know how she feels, and we actually have something.. unlike just some chick I bang whenever it happens. that just sucks ass.

Thanks again for those who put in a half decent comment.

edit: one more comment to yobarman.. "you people", social issues? Maybe there are a lot of people here who have problems with confidence and just talking to chicks, but other than that there's nothing different about "you people" here at AT than anywhere else. People are people, and many of these ones just happen to be not outgoing. DOesn't mean they have social issues beyond help, dumbass. As for myself - posting this yagt thread does not mean I have social issues beyond help at all. Not to gloat, but I have no problem talking to people, communicating with people I have relationships with, and just approaching people or girls in general. I could easily just 'find some other chick', get it on.. woot. and no "problems" eh. yeah then I'd be the king eh/ Then I wouldn't be a dweeb with social issues huh? its not all about the ass, sometimes you actually care about someone.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
There is no f-ing way I'm going to read that novella to find out if you got laid or not.

So?

Did you get laid?

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Originally posted by: sward666
There is no f-ing way I'm going to read that novella to find out if you got laid or not.

So?

Did you get laid?
The "Novella" is not about getting or not getting laid. Read the last few paragraphs if you're too lazy to read the whole thing.

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
wow, im still in awe that i just read all that :p, longest one i have ever read, by far.

so anyway, back on subject...

it seems that all the things happening with this girl, might FINALLY be starting to work out...but you feel the family is an issue and you want to help her, correct?

im not sure what you can do about her fam., unless they actually DO something to her...is it possible for her to move out at all, thatd be the easiest solution...

its crazy how this thread relates to a situation i was in (the girl part, not her fam.)...but we never dated :(...

SandLizard

Dec 11, 2002
1- i believe you should help her through her problems with her family if you care for her as much as you seem to.
2- social services or the like probably can't do a thing without physical abuse
3- if she's 19, her parents cannot be 'forced' to pay for school, so if she pisses them off and moves/gets kicked out of the house, she's probably SOL. (19's legal age out of guardianship in my state)

and honestly, this shouldn't be a question for you. IF you love her, you'll help her through ANYTHING, no matter how painful, time consuming, boring, repetitive, etc. IF you love her, as you say you do. She obviously has more family problems than you, so maybe your family can help (if they like her)....I know my family would help me out in any way they could, but we have a pretty good one.

you have to stick it out in my opinion. if she wants to finish college with monetary help from the parents, there is only so much they'll stand before they cut off the cash flow. sure, they lay down some hard-ass rules, but again, if you love her, then perhaps you think of the future where they could possibly be YOUR parents also. I would NOT piss them off, no matter how much like SOBs they can seem at the time. Besides, sooner or later, she WILL have to get out on her own.

eh, hope this helped, but i'm not sure if i'm good at this type of thing.

guapo337

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
i read the whole thing.

she's 19 and FINISHING college?

how old are you?
have her move in with you.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
wow, im still in awe that i just read all that :p, longest one i have ever read, by far.
Thank you for reading! It is long, I know.
it seems that all the things happening with this girl, might FINALLY be starting to work out...but you feel the family is an issue and you want to help her, correct?
Yes, that is exactly correct. Finally one person seems to get it. I didn't think it was that difficult to grasp. :p
im not sure what you can do about her fam., unless they actually DO something to her...is it possible for her to move out at all, thatd be the easiest solution...
True. She is supposed to move out for university one way or another, but her fam. will do whatever they can to make her stay as long as possible, or stay at home during uni if they can! I'm sure with the history her family has, if she told all that to the social worker, that they could work SOMETHING out. It's freaking ridiculous. I told her, just make a stand and HOLD it. Cause she'd always just do something, that would be "rebelling", but then she'd fall back into line so essentially her family still has control that way, and it just makes things worse overall with everyone being pissed. I told her to hold her ground, she has her dagger and the phone to dial 911 if the sh1t hits the fan. She is looking for an apartment right now. I told her, if all else fails, staying at my place while she looks is no problem at all. I wouldn't mind, that's for sure, and I know my parents wouldn't mind for at least a while. That would be far far better than her staying in that disgusting environment of a home she's in right now.
its crazy how this thread relates to a situation i was in (the girl part, not her fam.)...but we never dated :(...
Interesting. What was your situation (if you can sum it up in less than I did mine.. :p)?

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
if she is over 18 why is she living at home still? Take out a student loan get an apartment and a job and be on y our own. my mom did it when she was 17.

bottomline is she has to follow the rules of the house cuz she is living there and they have no obligation to her financially or otherwise once she is 18.

that post was too long. The cliff notes need cliff notes

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
yeah, im not too sure what social service would do, if anything...i dunno if itd fall under the "our house, our rules" category as regards telling her to tell them where shes going, with who, blah blah...

i personally wouldnt make any sudden moves until they finished paying my college or however that is workin ;)...just to be safe.

my situation = argh, dont wanna make yours go off-topic + it may require its own 'YAGT' soon :\, but it had the similar 'just friends' that just doesnt work....so nevermind that...

good luck :)

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Thanks for the warning
Thanks. heh. I know you think I'm just another one of "them".. but hey then again I don't really care what you think.

Yes she is 19 and finishing college. I am 19 as well. I didn't finish college but I did spend two years in it, right now I'm working near full time (soon to be full time) and I'm looking at different career choices. That's not the concern here anyhow.

Why doesn't she just move out? Well, I told her, there is NO reason for her to live there any longer than necessary. She has never had a job though. She was pretty sheltered (from reality). I would have her move in with me. I hope she does SOMETHING, move out.. wherever it be.

I AM helping her through her problems... but I want her to not have to endure that BS any longer, and ever again. Cause that's what it is. TOTAL BS. Yes I know she has to "follow" the rules of the house cause it's THEIR rules yaddyaddya but since when is putting a child through a horribly traumatizing youth part of house rules? She needs out, and I think she needs help to be pushed to move out, cause to HER, the !@#$ she lives in, she's almost used to, cause it's been there for her whole life. She *does* realize that it's bad, but she doesn't really see how life is supposed to be. I'm opening up her eyes a bit I think.. I hope.

SandLizard

Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: zCypher

I AM helping her through her problems... but I want her to not have to endure that BS any longer, and ever again. Cause that's what it is. TOTAL BS. Yes I know she has to "follow" the rules of the house cause it's THEIR rules yaddyaddya but since when is putting a child through a horribly traumatizing youth part of house rules? She needs out, and I think she needs help to be pushed to move out, cause to HER, the !@#$ she lives in, she's almost used to, cause it's been there for her whole life. She *does* realize that it's bad, but she doesn't really see how life is supposed to be. I'm opening up her eyes a bit I think.. I hope.

it's good that you understand all this, but think about her: does she want to finish college? if so, will she be able to secure the loans necessary or will her parents pay for it if she stays with them? to me, that's a no-brainer, as I now have almost 20k in loans i have to pay off. of course, my family's really cool, so i can't relate at all. i still think you should stick it out. have you tried talking to the parents?

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
I doubt I'll be much help but I'll ramble on anyway. I haven't been to sleep yet :confused: it sounds like you really love this girl. I know what it feels like to care about someone so much that you would do almost anything for them. I drove 1500 miles to see a friend's ballet recital last month (yes, just a friend). I could only see her for a couple hours because of her parents so I went back to the hotel shortly after the recital and went home the next morning. I don't regret it at all though (aside from the $220 speeding ticket :(). it was worth it just to be there for her. anyway .. there is a reason for me to be telling you about this. she's in a similar situation with her family. they are very protective and sometimes they just get her down. I don't think they are physically abusive (they sure as hell better not be) but they are really hard on her sometimes .. getting angry at her for no reason, calling her worthless when she makes one little mistake after doing chores for them all day, etc. and unfortunately she doesn't have very healthy ways of dealing with it. ehh. there are other problems but I guess we don't really need to get into them right now. fortunately, I think she will be moving out when she starts college next year and hopefully I will be a bit closer. anyway, I know this is a slightly different situation--I'm only 17 and I did meet her online, which is usually frowned upon--but I don't really know what to do either. ah crap. sorry, I'll start my own thread next time :D. good luck though. perhaps I'll give you a better reply when I can think clearly.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Originally posted by: SandLizard

it's good that you understand all this, but think about her: does she want to finish college? if so, will she be able to secure the loans necessary or will her parents pay for it if she stays with them? to me, that's a no-brainer, as I now have almost 20k in loans i have to pay off. of course, my family's really cool, so i can't relate at all. i still think you should stick it out. have you tried talking to the parents?
The mother LOVES me. But the bro and father, they put on their "nice" face when I'm there, but I know they don't really like me. Anyhow... she will be finished college as of Monday. She does not need any funding, it's finished. She will need funding for university but only a few thousand dollars per year, maybe $6k/year total. If worst came to absolute worst even I could pay for her, it'd just be really tough. So, monetarily I don't really worry about anything here. School is cheap in Quebec.

Her mother is willing to pay for her education. And I don't think she will be like "oh you're leaving early so I'm not paying for you", she's not like that. Her mom cares about her and wants her to succeed - she's just WAY WAY WAY too clingy/overprotective. If you want to hear something SCARY, listen to this. Her mom actually SAID that if she had things her way, she would have my gf and myself living WITH HER (my gf's mother!)! Wtf? That's nice of her to say and all but I'm sorry it's just downright creepy! I would NOT feel comfortable, and I know my gf wouldn't either. How could anyone wish that upon their child? :p I know her intentions are well, but she definitely takes it way too far.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Thanks for the warning
Thanks. heh. I know you think I'm just another one of "them".. but hey then again I don't really care what you think.

Yes she is 19 and finishing college. I am 19 as well. I didn't finish college but I did spend two years in it, right now I'm working near full time (soon to be full time) and I'm looking at different career choices. That's not the concern here anyhow.

Why doesn't she just move out? Well, I told her, there is NO reason for her to live there any longer than necessary. She has never had a job though. She was pretty sheltered (from reality). I would have her move in with me. I hope she does SOMETHING, move out.. wherever it be.

maybe they are being d1cks cuz she wont get the hint and get the fvck out?

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Deslocke
I doubt I'll be much help but I'll ramble on anyway. I haven't been to sleep yet :confused: it sounds like you really love this girl. I know what it feels like to care about someone so much that you would do almost anything for them. I drove 1500 miles to see a friend's ballet recital last month (yes, just a friend). I could only see her for a couple hours because of her parents so I went back to the hotel shortly after the recital and went home the next morning. I don't regret it at all though (aside from the $220 speeding ticket :(). it was worth it just to be there for her. anyway .. there is a reason for me to be telling you about this. she's in a similar situation with her family. they are very protective and sometimes they just get her down. I don't think they are physically abusive (they sure as hell better not be) but they are really hard on her sometimes .. getting angry at her for no reason, calling her worthless when she makes one little mistake after doing chores for them all day, etc. and unfortunately she doesn't have very healthy ways of dealing with it. ehh. there are other problems but I guess we don't really need to get into them right now. fortunately, I think she will be moving out when she starts college next year and hopefully I will be a bit closer. anyway, I know this is a slightly different situation--I'm only 17 and I did meet her online, which is usually frowned upon--but I don't really know what to do either. ah crap. sorry, I'll start my own thread next time :D. good luck though. perhaps I'll give you a better reply when I can think clearly.

yeah, but it sounds like you dont want her to be 'just a friend'...at least i wouldnt drive 1500 mi for many girls that i know that are 'just friends'... ;) ;)