YAGT: Stiff competition

gjeste

Banned
Mar 15, 2004
Folks, you will be proud of me. This time I have actually gotten off my butt and done some things, scoped out the situation a little more...
here's the scoop:

there's this attractive girl that I'm interested in (well there's a few of these actually) and I guess I just dont know how to operate under the threat of competition. For instance this one girl I kinda like, has a good share of guy friends (probably about 4 good guy friends at least) and it looks like any one of them could possibly be interested in her.

This same situation holds with some other girls that I am interested in too. how does one deal with a situation like this? Like I know that although frustrating at first, in the end competition is good, because it makes us all become better people. I guess what I'm wondering is... how do I compete without making things a little ugly?

Honestly I dont want to be an immature jerk. Like a dog among others fighting over a piece of meat. But at the same time I dont want to short myself out of an opportunity. How does one do this without doing the other?

To be more specific I went to a movie last night with 5 girls and 5 guys. the two cute girls there (the ones I'm interested) were being macked on the entire time of course. And its just scary cuz she has known these guys a lot longer and is better friends with them.

what the heck does a feller like me do?

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
what happened to letting them come to you hahah

anyways hang out with her 1 on 1... but don't mack on her like everyone else does when in groups

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
ahh yes the wonderful world of competition!!!!

you have to get her alone :p

oh wait arent you skywalker... go die!

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
When you're in a group don't hit on them. Just take the high road (but obviously don't act uninterested). Hitting on girls should be reserved for 1 on 1 situations:)

gjeste

Banned
Mar 15, 2004
Originally posted by: gopunk
what happened to letting them come to you hahah

anyways hang out with her 1 on 1... but don't mack on her like everyone else does when in groups

lol, I think I still have decided that I'm giving up on girls (or at least thats what I tell people) I guess i havent given up on pursuing girls completely, but more so that I've given up on pursuing them like a greedy fool.
Like i've just decided to ease up a bit more about my pursuing (i dont ever think I could turn it off completely, its in my blood, lol)
I should just ask her if she wants to hang out one on one some time, and she what she says.

When theres a group of guys and a group of girls, thats tough.

If you are in a situation where its just you and a lot of girls, the situation seems a little better.. dontcha think?

gjeste

Banned
Mar 15, 2004
so does it look bad if I hit on a girl in a group? (and what qualifies as hitting on her?)

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: gjeste
so does it look bad if I hit on a girl in a group? (and what qualifies as hitting on her?)

hitting on her... treating her any differently than if she was a girl you didn't have attraction towards

it doesn't look bad per se, but not doing it will set you apart and make her wonder. talk to the other girls too, even the ugly ones.

Aug 16, 2001
Why are you posting this many YAGT? Just chill and relax dude. If they like you they like you.
If they like you for the one you pretend to be then you'll be posting YAGT here until you die.

gjeste

Banned
Mar 15, 2004
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Why are you posting this many YAGT? Just chill and relax dude. If they like you they like you.
If they like you for the one you pretend to be then you'll be posting YAGT here until you die.

if they like you they like you, but they wont say it, nor will they ask you to spend time with them. the guy has got to make the move. i am asking what moves to make.

and btw, i typically dont try to pretend to be someone else. so hopefully these yagt threads will all be over when I get a girlfriend in the near future. :)

talk to the other girls too, even the ugly ones.

mmm.... :( but i dont like talking to ugly girls :(

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser

if they like you they like you, but they wont say it, nor will they ask you to spend time with them. the guy has got to make the move. i am asking what moves to make.

and btw, i typically dont try to pretend to be someone else. so hopefully these yagt threads will all be over when I get a girlfriend in the near future. :)

talk to the other girls too, even the ugly ones.

mmm.... :( but i dont like talking to ugly girls :(

Well, OK but asking what moves to make is just weird IMO. If there are no obvious moves to make or you have to ask unknown people on the Intarweb about what to do then maybe there is no chenistry to start with. Just leave the ice queens alone. To much headache, comprende senior?

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
First off, stop posting these threads until something actually happens.

Secondly, go make something happen, noob!

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
To be more specific I went to a movie last night with 5 guys and 5 guys. the two cute girls there (the ones I'm interested) were being macked on the entire time of course. And its just scary cuz she has known these guys a lot longer and is better friends with them.

what the heck does a feller like me do?
Thirdly, you have to start going out with girls, not guys.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Listen, mate, I appreciate your need to use ATOT as your keyboard confessional, but could you please limit these threads to no more than one a season. I mean, goddman, we have to endure this rubbish constantly and you don't actually have a GF, imagine what it'll be like when you do.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: HajikuFlip
My stiff competition drops out as soon as they see my stiff competition... ;)
You go around showing all your mates your "Stiffy?" How do you meet women, go up behind them when they are sitting down and poke them in the ear with it?
rolleye.gif

Murphy Durphy

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
You go around showing all your mates your "Stiffy?" How do you meet women, go up behind them when they are sitting down and poke them in the ear with it?
rolleye.gif

Can't take a joke? Someone suffering from a little SPS? :(

gjeste

Banned
Mar 15, 2004
Well, OK but asking what moves to make is just weird IMO. If there are no obvious moves to make or you have to ask unknown people on the Intarweb about what to do then maybe there is no chenistry to start with. Just leave the ice queens alone. To much headache, comprende senior?

asking about moves i dont think is too strange, heck happens on here all the time :) i mean there are some moves to make such as asking her out for coffee or something, I guess I just don't know if that is too strong like if I should pick something more subtle or what (if there is such a thing) such as maybe doing something with her and her friends or something.

gjeste

Banned
Mar 15, 2004
Originally posted by: brigden
Listen, mate, I appreciate your need to use ATOT as your keyboard confessional, but could you please limit these threads to no more than one a season. I mean, goddman, we have to endure this rubbish constantly and you don't actually have a GF, imagine what it'll be like when you do.

ha, internet forums are an invaluable resource for this kind of stuff. I would be pleased to help other people in their threads (the problem is i just dont have much experience)

i thought getting the girl was where the entire battle was at. I seriously dont think I will need to create many threads after I get a girl.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
rolleye.gif

Can't take a joke? Someone suffering from a little SPS? :(
You might want to look in the mirror, I was making a joke at your expense!;)