YAGT: So she says to plan the weekend....

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
A little background.... Been going out with this girl for a little while. Its sorta a long distance relationship, she lives 2 hours away so its not really that bad. This weekend I'm going to pick her up on friday and shes going to be here all weekend long. So she told me today that I get to plan the weekend and keep her entertained, which is fine :) She wants me to suprise her. I told her that it was going to be a cheap weekend though, as I dont have that much money, and she replied the cheeper the better (yeah, shes a keeper :)).

So anyway, I need some ideas. Budget is about 50 bux for the entire weekend, so walks, etc are definetly in. But is there anything else that anyone can think of that I might suprise her with, etc? I have a few ideas in mind, but I would like to see what you guys might be able to come up with.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
50 bucks for the whole weekend? YIKES! Rule out eating thats for sure.

EDIT: 50 bucks will barely cover CONDOMS

MacGaven

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2002
I think I saw a special on Lifestyle condoms at Costco yesterday. Pick up some of those and a couple of bean & cheese burritos.

inataysia

Mar 19, 2002
if either or both of you like to cook, then stay in and cook most meals -- so much cheaper, and fun

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by: gigapet
50 bucks for the whole weekend? YIKES! Rule out eating thats for sure. EDIT: 50 bucks will barely cover CONDOMS

Eats can be cheap.. we've already went out alot, so fast food is an option. :)

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
what state are you in? museums are good starting places.

Columbus, Ohio... You might be on to something...

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002

Dude...what kind of condoms do you use??? They better throw themselves out for that kind of money...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Antique stores...an antique mall if you have one.

Cool going thru those places and looking at the stuff...imagining life 50, 100, 200 years ago.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
Some cheap things that my girlfriend and I like to do:

1. Go to sports games (farm teams can be cheap...hockey is like $15 and baseball is even cheaper).
2. Go hiking...always fun.
3. Workout together (depends if you are into this stuff...we are big time, so we go on long runs and bike rides)
4. Mueseums (already mentioned)
5. Walks around downtown and the mall...you don't have to buy anything, but it can still be fun
6. Matinee movies are cheap if you both like movies enough...we love movies so this works out quite often
7. Play tennis, raquetball, soccer, or basketball if you guys are into it.
8. Cook together
9. Go to a book store like Barnes & Nobles for some coffee and looking at books/magazines (the B&N nearby is setup for this).
10. Go to a pet store...just don't get roped into buying anything.
11. Make something cheap like picture frames or whatnot if your girl is crafty

Sheesh, are you blind man? Sounds like she wants to stay in bed all weekend. At least that's the way it's always happened to me before.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
This weekend I'm going to pick her up on friday and shes going to be here all weekend long. So she told me today that I get to plan the weekend and keep her entertained, which is fine

whoa there. i stopped reading after that. wtf is wrong with you?! tell that ho to not only drive down there to see you, but she needs to bring YOU lunch. then MAYBE you'll entertain her. :p

moonshinemadness

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2003
Originally posted by: PricklyPete

Dude...what kind of condoms do you use??? They better throw themselves out for that kind of money...

ROFLMAO!! Nuff Said!.... Show her the wonderful world of public libraries ;)

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
Originally posted by: MisterJackson Sheesh, are you blind man? Sounds like she wants to stay in bed all weekend. At least that's the way it's always happened to me before.

I honestly dont think this is what's going to happen. Maybe, but doubtful.. She doesn't know the area...and both of us are indecisive and easy going, so its hard to plan stuff.. Most of the stuff we did we've did on the spur of the moment, and this weekend, I would look like I can plan something a little more special than that.

PricklyPete: Ill keep some of those in mind, very good ideas... Thanks :)

L

Lola

Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Sheesh, are you blind man? Sounds like she wants to stay in bed all weekend. At least that's the way it's always happened to me before.

Yea...make it a lazy, relaxed weekend. If anything, make her breakfast in bed one morning, spend time walking aruond, go to different parks in your area, play on the slides and swings... go star gazing at night...
You could definatly have a romantic weekend on 50$. cook meals together, at home, no need to go out. light some candles and have a nice meal at home. If anything, spend some of the money by getting her a small boquet of fresh flowers... daisys or sunflowers will do, nothing too expensive!

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ActPrincess
Originally posted by: MisterJackson Sheesh, are you blind man? Sounds like she wants to stay in bed all weekend. At least that's the way it's always happened to me before.
Yea...make it a lazy, relaxed weekend. If anything, make her breakfast in bed one morning, spend time walking aruond, go to different parks in your area, play on the slides and swings... go star gazing at night... You could definatly have a romantic weekend on 50$. cook meals together, at home, no need to go out. light some candles and have a nice meal at home. If anything, spend some of the money by getting her a small boquet of fresh flowers... daisys or sunflowers will do, nothing too expensive!

This is more of the stuff Im looking for, thanks :) Ill keep every one of these in mind!

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Hmmm... a picnic of food packed from home and an inexpensive bottle of White Zin is good for an entire afternoon.An evening stroll for ice cream,a movie or perhaps some bowling.

Syran

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2000
A good friend of mine and I used to do picnics at the park by the river while she told me the sorrows of her love life... the conversation may not have been best, but the picnic and the park cheered her up everytime... so i'd say that's a definate plus. if you don't like to cook, I'd say do a small cooler of drinks, and pick up something on the way (we used to do the 5 for $5 @ arbys)

DDCSpeed

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MacGaven
I think I saw a special on Lifestyle condoms at Costco yesterday. Pick up some of those and a couple of bean & cheese burritos.

ahha :D