YAGT: So I found the woman of my dreams

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
Just do her (or something) and see how it goes.

It's either:

1. You really do think she's "the one"
or
2. You're totally just making that up

so in the case of number one, why haven't you done anything? sometimes sparks dont happen unless you really try to make them...so try doing stuff. try at least a few times too.
and that's not exactly meaning sexual things.

in the case of number two, just quit thinking about your crazy idea, realize she's just a good friend, and find someone else.

Tell her you think she needs to figure out exactly what she wants. Or maybe she doesnt know because you're being boring. be exciting, maybe then she'll really want you, then maybe you'll spark or whatever.

and we still want pics. not of you though.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: acemcmac
Originally posted by: Syringer
:confused: So what makes her the woman of your dreams?

Well... she's just perfect. I can talk to her. We're on the same level intellectually. We have a lot in common and similar goals, dreams and values. We see things the same way, have lots mutual respect. We make each other laugh... etc

I've met half a dozen girls like that, does that mean I missed my ideal mates?
I dunno, I always thought relationships were built on that spark in spite of a lack of things in common, as long as you can enjoy being together.

I dunno, I guess if you guys are feeling you're getting old you could go get married, and that way you'll have a friend in your old age.

bmx045

Apr 29, 2006
she told me to tell you that she think's I'm "vanilla"

I don't know what that means but I think she might be into S&M and trying to keep from telling me.

HELLOOOOO

she's bringing up the whole differential candy food distinction.

"I'm vanilla, you're chocolate" GET IT?(but reversed..no diff)

PandaBear

Golden Member
Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Descartes
Here is the real situation.

1) She's not attracted to you. Others have said this and I think her comments make this obvious.
2) You ARE attracted to her; however, in a futile attempt at denying that and protecting your emotions from the pain of acknowledging that she's not attracted to you you decide to create a thread to further convince yourself.

IMO.

Exactly. I have been there done that. It wasn't until a few years later after I am in a healthy, stable relationship that I realized it myself.

Go out there and meet a few less than perfect women and enjoy your life. Then come back and realize what you want and what you can afford. Or work harder to get a better woman next time around.

If you are only looking out for your dream girl, if she shows up you will not be ready to attract her.

huberm

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2004
stick a banana in your pants next time you're together and see if she is more attracted to you

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Fox5
Originally posted by: Syringer
:confused: So what makes her the woman of your dreams?

Well... she's just perfect. I can talk to her. We're on the same level intellectually. We have a lot in common and similar goals, dreams and values. We see things the same way, have lots mutual respect. We make each other laugh... etc

I've met half a dozen girls like that, does that mean I missed my ideal mates?
I dunno, I always thought relationships were built on that spark in spite of a lack of things in common, as long as you can enjoy being together.

I dunno, I guess if you guys are feeling you're getting old you could go get married, and that way you'll have a friend in your old age.

Guess what ? sex is an important part of a relationship...even for older people. I would never settle for a guy I had no sexual attraction to.

Marinski

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2006
classicboxingfights.blogspot.com
Quit wasting your time with this tease, concentrate on your school, then get a good job, make some money, and then you can find yourself a slut that will let you ****** on her chest. Can't you find some guys to hang out with?

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
you can't force a relationship, that's why the divorce rate is so high. if she was really "perfect" for you it wouldn't have anything to do with how compatible you might think you are.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I think we need to start a mass-PM movement. Flood his box with PM's demanding an update until he tells us what happened. Win or lose, we at least need closure :(

Also: spider

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
The girl who was intellectually stimulating and a pleasure to be around, etc etc, had turned out to have been stalking me here on ATOT just about the whole time we were dating. Eventually her constant questioning me about "whether or not I wanted to be in this relationship" got to be more than I could bear and I broke up with her. She's been going out with one of mybest friends ever since (a diamond member on here, small world). I ended up going out with the 105lb, 5' 9", blonde hair, blue eyes version 2.0 of my ex girlfriend. She's relaxing to be around and is really good at not looking like a dumbass or bitch around my friends (a missing feature from the last ex).

Any questions?

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
The girl who was intellectually stimulating and a pleasure to be around, etc etc, had turned out to have been stalking me here on ATOT just about the whole time we were dating. Eventually her constant questioning me about "whether or not I wanted to be in this relationship" got to be more than I could bear and I broke up with her. She's been going out with one of mybest friends ever since (a diamond member on here, small world). I ended up going out with the 105lb, 5' 9", blonde hair, blue eyes version 2.0 of my ex girlfriend. She's relaxing to be around and is really good at not looking like a dumbass or bitch around my friends (a missing feature from the last ex).

Any questions?

Are you having sex with her?

EDIT: The new girl I mean

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I ended up going out with the 105lb, 5' 9", blonde hair, blue eyes version 2.0 of my ex girlfriend.

Any questions?

pics?

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: bootymac
We're great friends, but... there's no spark.

Woman of your dreams, yet there's no spark? :confused:

Well, there is a spark... its just not really sexual/physical...

She thinks this is more of a problem than I do.

I don't get this, are you saying you've actually had a serious conversation about how you both like eachother but somehow don't. If so, she was saying she likes you and wants to have sex. If she good looking, I fail to see how you can't get a a hard-on seeing her naked...and if you really do it means your hopeless and you're never going to have a longterm relationship with her. And what's with the sex therapist too? Aren't you supposed to be in a relationship before you go?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
And we're not sexually attracted to each other. We're great friends, but... there's no spark. We'd be perfect for each other. Neither of us are overweight or out of shape... I'm your average 5' 11" college senior, she's 5' 2", 100lbs soaking wet and has had her BS for a year or so...

Anyhow... I was thinking we should see a sex therapist or something. We're way too good for each other to be passing each other up.

Anyone had any experience with this?

back away stalker.....

perfect is sparks. Getting her back to your place or hers, or even not making it out of the parking lot or club.

An average 5'11 (I am 5'10.5") college senior even here in S. Florida was either plump or bones.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
hate to tell you - if there is no chemistry/sexual attraction this will NEVER work !

Chemistry is the first thing wich is important, all other things come afterwards. The fact that she has a BS or/and is 5.something tall or whatever will NOT contribute to a good relationship.

Also..if you just MET her and ALREADY talk about seeing a sex-therpaist and ADMIT that you're both not sexually attracted to each other - not good !

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

Any questions?
105 lbs and she's 5' 9"? that is not a healthy weight. is she anorexic?

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
So um... this thread is about two prudes who are affraid of their sexuality and refuse to get naughty? I read the first page and that was about it.

"105 lbs and she's 5' 9"? that is not a healthy weight. is she anorexic? "

DAMN, ya there's no other way to explain that. I knew a girl who was 5'6" and 100lbs and she looked unhealthy.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow

Any questions?

Are you having sex with her?

EDIT: The new girl I mean