YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 519 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Ahhh, a little heavy for a carry gun, IMHO. I like the single stack 9mm stuff. I'm permitted, carry daily.
I just can't enjoy the way the really narrow single stack stuff feels in my hand. The balance of convenient carry and comfort is hard.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
I just can't enjoy the way the really narrow single stack stuff feels in my hand. The balance of convenient carry and comfort is hard.

Honestly, I don't either, but, I have stuff I like to shoot for the range, my SS is for comfort while carrying and concealability. I just bought a cheap one, if you ever use your cc, the first thing the police do is take your gun into evidence, and it's hell getting it back, figure I don't mind it so much if they have a cheap, easily replaceable gun versus something I actually give a sh1t about.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Exactly why I have the fatter Hogue grip on my P238 carry.
I honestly don't carry much anymore (have a personal amount of range time I want with a certain frequency to carry and I'm just not meeting it recently), but if I do, maybe I should look into some custom grips for some of my smaller stuff.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I'm literally shocked. And, I'm sure all those buyers will register their weapons as "assault rifles"......

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
On other note, I dropped some decent money on ammo ($0.32/brass round) and 30 rds mags ($10/Magpul) from PSA over the weekend from their Labor Day Sale. Get them while you still can.

Last edited:

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I'm literally shocked. And, I'm sure all those buyers will register their weapons as "assault rifles"......
Still waiting to get more info on the process but I'll probably register a stripped lower or two. That being said, I'm probably building something like this abomination for my next. :(

8ec00070f29d5b25e19f9db508a305ad.jpg

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Still waiting to get more info on the process but I'll probably register a stripped lower or two. That being said, I'm probably building something like this abomination for my next. :(

Let me save you from a slow death by owning that abortion, just send me those lowers.

Reactions: MongGrel

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
I think I'm going featureless and not registering mine.

Also picking up a Glock 43 I bought off a LEO friend. I'm able to pick it up on the 8th.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Ordered a Magpul "original" gunbelt for CC, 1/2 leather/1/2 polymer. Should have it tomorrow.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003

Huh. How do you even hold that thing? It looks uncomfortable as shit (the "pistol grip" part, I mean).

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005

what's all that junk on the side by the mag release? anyone use the ares scr lowers? looks interesting. CA gets the government it deserves, not that CO is a whole lot better with our hi-cap ban.

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
Not a resident of Comie-fornia, but I am very interested in this not spreading. Got this in an e-mail from SGA and despite the futility of petitions, figured I'd let those living in CA know.

"Attention California clients, SGAmmo stands with the Veto GunMageddon group of Californians who are fighting with pen and paper for their 2nd Amendment Rights. New California state laws have been passed to restrict your gun rights as well as your right to purchase ammunition online. There is still some time to possibly get these laws vetoed but signatures must be collected from 365,000 registered Californian voters by Sept 29th to get these referendums on the Nov 8th ballot. please visit https://www.vetogunmageddon.org/ to learn more about what you can do to prevent these extremely restrictive laws from going into effect."

Reactions: shortylickens

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Updated pics of my A4gery -

With the 20% off deal they had over labor day, I added a blue force gear rail adapter, A2 adapter, and padded vickers to the rifle. Also, I put on my new (second one I own actually) Zero Tolerance ZT-9 on there for funsies.

txK1ADY.jpg

QrlRbG3.jpg

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
what's all that junk on the side by the mag release? anyone use the ares scr lowers? looks interesting. CA gets the government it deserves, not that CO is a whole lot better with our hi-cap ban.

No clue. It looks like maybe an ambidextrous bolt catch and magazine release?

Not a resident of Comie-fornia, but I am very interested in this not spreading. Got this in an e-mail from SGA and despite the futility of petitions, figured I'd let those living in CA know.

"Attention California clients, SGAmmo stands with the Veto GunMageddon group of Californians who are fighting with pen and paper for their 2nd Amendment Rights. New California state laws have been passed to restrict your gun rights as well as your right to purchase ammunition online. There is still some time to possibly get these laws vetoed but signatures must be collected from 365,000 registered Californian voters by Sept 29th to get these referendums on the Nov 8th ballot. please visit https://www.vetogunmageddon.org/ to learn more about what you can do to prevent these extremely restrictive laws from going into effect."

Signed soon after the petitions went out. Going to need way more than 365k signatures.. I imagine they'll try and throw out half of them.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
got my first ever NFA approval on Saturday - SBR approval for my mp5. yay. Now I just need to get it engraved and either buy a new stock or see if one of the stocks from my umarex .22 mp5 work for it.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Monday I will post pictures of the new Glock 40 MOS 10mm longslide I will be buying (it's being held for me until I get back home). Should be a perfect camping/hunting sidearm with that 6" barrel and some hot 10mm ammo

Bartman39

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Jul 4, 2000
adairusmc... Would love to see that 10mm since I am just about in the market to get one...? Been going with .45 cal for about everything I have and sorry to say I got rid of my .44 mag earlier in the year... :cry: But I did pick up a sweet 9mm here recently but for sure am in the market for a couple of 10mm's... :sunglasses: