YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 498 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I'd probably hate that sling myself, but to each his own.

Is it backwards ?

:hmm:
Its on correctly. The other side has Vs cut out going down it. I guess the holes are to let air through. The slings i have on other rifles are also butler creak but not this kind. They have some kind of gel bumps on the shoulder pad but the thing is still always slipping.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
So anybody have a reason why I wouldn't want a stainless steel barrel for my next AR build? And by next I mean the Spikes zombie lower I painted about a year ago and haven't done anything with since then. Would love to find a fluted stainless barrel that wasn't outrageously expensive but I've resigned myself to a regular one if need be. In any case is there anything inherently bad about the stainless barrels?

With the exception of wear, which I doubt you'd really notice unless you're intent on firing thousands or rounds quickly and possibly a bit more effort in cleaning, none..

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Better pics of the new P226 Legion I picked up on Frida, now that I got the SilencerCo threaded barrel installed -

07b8nCs.jpg

MnZfRzt.jpg

HoZ083j.jpg

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Been messing with the mag and I can't even get it to load a single cartridge by itself out of the mag using the bolt handle. If I thumb the bolt it works ok. doesn't make sense.

These are supposed to be good rifles. It's certainly one of the more expensive ones I considered. I spent the extra money to get a better rifle.
I have a CZ pistol and rimfire rifle and they are awesome, but I guess not so for this model.

Of all the guns I have purchased I have never had to return one or even had problems with one, and I have purchased many guns. Hell, I have guns that are almost 100 years old that work better than this!

The FFL is going to see if I can exchange it for a different brand/model or if I have to exchange for the same thing. Seriously considering something else now, but it took me a long time to decide on the CZ, so will have to go through that process again.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
well, FFL says the supplier wants the gun back and I can exchange for something else if I want. I don't know what to do. Do I try for a 3rd CZ or get something else?

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
well, FFL says the supplier wants the gun back and I can exchange for something else if I want. I don't know what to do. Do I try for a 3rd CZ or get something else?

The CZ model is obviously not working out for you, I would try for something else.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Its on correctly. The other side has Vs cut out going down it. I guess the holes are to let air through. The slings i have on other rifles are also butler creak but not this kind. They have some kind of gel bumps on the shoulder pad but the thing is still always slipping.

Was honestly curious really, had never used one like that I suppose.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015

Damn, had been hearing good things about CZ lately too...

adairusmc, nice rice, I'm jealous...

Gerle

Aug 9, 2009
Illustrating my point exactly! A sling isn't required by most and as such isn't a concern
I don't think MongGrel meant for the sling to be a carry strap. Like he said, if you were a Marine (or had attended an Appleseed shoot) you'd know what it is for. It is a great tool, for all but bench rest shooters. Is that all you do?

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I don't think MongGrel meant for the sling to be a carry strap. Like he said, if you were a Marine (or had attended an Appleseed shoot) you'd know what it is for. It is a great tool, for all but bench rest shooters.

+1

Last edited:

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Crappy picture of my completed 300 blackout rifle that I will probably use for mule deer this year -

WOt2LHI.jpg

The lower is a spikes lower, with a PSA lower build kit. The upper is a CMMG that I got complete and brand new. Suppressor is a YHM Phantom LTA, and the scope is a Vortex Viper PST 1-4. Looking forward to getting it dialed in.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Crappy picture of my completed 300 blackout rifle that I will probably use for mule deer this year -

WOt2LHI.jpg

The lower is a spikes lower, with a PSA lower build kit. The upper is a CMMG that I got complete and brand new. Suppressor is a YHM Phantom LTA, and the scope is a Vortex Viper PST 1-4. Looking forward to getting it dialed in.

Any plans to SBR it? I don't recall how much velocity is lost for supersonic rounds in 300BLK, but it seemed to me it'd still be effective for hunting with a ~9" barrel.

I'm waiting on a stamp to buy parts and build an upper for mine.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Any plans to SBR it? I don't recall how much velocity is lost for supersonic rounds in 300BLK, but it seemed to me it'd still be effective for hunting with a ~9" barrel.

I'm waiting on a stamp to buy parts and build an upper for mine.

I already have a form 1 submitted for the lower, but I am going to keep that upper a 16", for hunting mule deer in the fall. I am going to hunt with subsonic, but I will get a separate SBR upper for it once the stamp is back. Weight wise it really is not that bad at all as it is now.

I already have an optic on order for the eventual SBR setup, a trijicon MRO I snagged the other day for $368 on a reddit r/gundeals sale.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
This is getting ridiculous. Went to pick up the howa this morning. Looked the gun over and i see the barrel is right up against 1 side of the stock and the other side has about a .25" gap between stock and barrel.

Returning this one too.
3 brand new guns returned. Going to try another Howa.
FFL told me he also has returned a Ruger 10/22 3 times for another customer recently because it kept jamming. That customer decided to take it a gunsmith to see if he could get it fixed instead of try for another one.

Maybe this is a sign I'm not supposed to get a new rifle?

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I already have a form 1 submitted for the lower, but I am going to keep that upper a 16", for hunting mule deer in the fall. I am going to hunt with subsonic, but I will get a separate SBR upper for it once the stamp is back. Weight wise it really is not that bad at all as it is now.

I already have an optic on order for the eventual SBR setup, a trijicon MRO I snagged the other day for $368 on a reddit r/gundeals sale.

Dang, that is a sweet deal on the MRO. I'm going to have to get busy ordering some parts and building, because I just got some stamps in the mail :D

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

WOt2LHI.jpg

That is a pretty sweet looking rifle, I must say.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
That is a pretty sweet looking rifle, I must say.

Thank you. Considering it has 20 ounces of barrel extension in the form of that suppressor, it feels quite nice to pack around so I do not think I will ha e an issue carrying all day in the woods during mule deer season this fall (if I get tags).

I have about 500 rounds of ammo showing up next week, so hopefully the following weekend I am going to get it zeroed.