YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 480 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Walther is releasing the PPQ with .45ACP chambering in October. 12 round cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZFehir4lFc

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/08/walther-ppq-45-acp-pistol-a-new-caliber/

I REALLY hope they make an M1 version. Much prefer the paddle release and could probably get in an extra round.
Nice! I'm a big Walther fan (despite how choosey my p22 is with ammo), but still tough to justify it for myself when I already have a ppq in 9mm and an xDm in .45

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Would like a Mossberg tactical with a foldable stock, but I have other shit to buy ATM. One being the new i5 6600k.

ThriftySeven

Aug 17, 2015
Adairusmc, could you please enlighten me on how you managed to mount your vertical foregrip to the lower front end of your m1a. Did you add a picatinny? If you did, could you please give me an instruction?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
What are everyone's thoughts on a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle or M1A for a one gun household?

Bartman39

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Jul 4, 2000
What are everyone's thoughts on a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle or M1A for a one gun household?

Depends on where you are...? IMPO those would be a bit large for home defense...

I would suggest either a hand gun (best would be a revolver)... Or a short barrel AR15 pistol type weapon...

But if you must have a long barrel then a nice 12ga pump would do the trick...:thumbsup: Also it and the hand gun would be the cheapest...

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Well, this is for hunting, pest control and defense and, to be honest, a handgun is available...

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Bought a Cajun Gunworks doule action kit for my CZ P-01 and tried to install it. Damn sear cage in the frame sucks! so many little parts that all go in 1 small section. Worst part is a firing pin block spring. thing is so tiny and light just breathing on it makes it fly away. ended up bending mine to crap so had to order a new one (actually ordered 2 to be safe). Damn things cost $3 each and they're like hair thin and about an inch long... I also ordered a slave pin that is supposed to make putting that sear cage back together much easier.

Then I tried to replace the firing pin and the springs. GOt everything out ok and then eveyrthing in. Went to put the roll pin bacl in to hold everything in and i didn't have the firing pin inserted correctly for the roll pin to clear. ended up smashing the 1 end of the pin into the firing pin. dented up the firing pin, messed up the roll pin. had to order a new roll pin. had to sand and polish the firing pin. still gonna use that even though it's a bit dented. shouldn't cause an issue.

I've done work on other guns before like this and this was the worst.

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Well, this is for hunting, pest control and defense and, to be honest, a handgun is available...

Hunting and pest control don't overlap that much. If it was to be ONE rifle to cover those bases, I'd get an AR-15 with a separate upper assembly for 6.5 Grendel but don't plan on taking down anything larger than deer. If you'd encounter any bears, go with .50 Beowulf.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Hunting and pest control don't overlap that much. If it was to be ONE rifle to cover those bases, I'd get an AR-15 with a separate upper assembly for 6.5 Grendel but don't plan on taking down anything larger than deer. If you'd encounter any bears, go with .50 Beowulf.

Every once in a while I read a post that makes me scratch my head a bit. While technically correct, those calibers would do the jobs mentioned, it certainty wouldn't be the most cost efficient solution.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Came home with a DPMS RFLR-C308L 7.62. Now what should I throw on this bad boy? Im open to any ideas as it is just stock.

This post through post #12007 merged from another thread.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Angled foregrip, not vertical :) And Trijicon ACOG 4x would be my first choice (I love the one on my AR15).

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
No I don't load my own ammo yet but it would be cool to start. I'm looking for some sort of optic and grip so I'll look into what is listed so far. Possibly a sling too.