YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 440 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Bartman, first of all, you may want to cover the serial number and anything that can ID the lower.

Where did you get it and how much if you don't mind to tell. Look like it is a Magpul edition lower.

Bartman39

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Jul 4, 2000
Bartman, first of all, you may want to cover the serial number and anything that can ID the lower.

Where did you get it and how much if you don't mind to tell. Look like it is a Magpul edition lower.

Not to worry I sold or should I say "traded" it here recently... Sorry to say... Was going to put it on my 5.7X28mm upper but decided to just sell it due to the fact of how much it was worth...;)

Built this with the funds...

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
How does the 5.7 shoot? Was tempted to buy that a year or two ago. Quality looked good...heck, I think it's even built near me in Bellevue WA...

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
It's a Spike's tactical lower, they also have some others like the Calico Jack, you can get them for $89 here plus shipping and FFL transfer fee, of course that is stripped so you'll need a LPK and stock etc., but those are your choice...I have a zombie lower myself that I have yet to complete the build, been over a year now...how time flies

Damn, forgot there was a honey badger edition too...I'm still looking for an Umbrella corp lower to add to my collection

Bartman39

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Jul 4, 2000
How does the 5.7 shoot? Was tempted to buy that a year or two ago. Quality looked good...heck, I think it's even built near me in Bellevue WA...

Assume you mean the 5.7X28mm...? If so it is awesome and with 50 rounds in a mag it just seems to shoot all day and never have to reload...:thumbsup: But loading the mags is tough and takes a bit of time so there are issue with owning and shooting the weapon...

But with 5 shot rounds in a target you just never seem to run out of shells... Oh and as far as accuracy it is pretty good too... It will shoot just a tad better than any of my AR15's up to 200 yards but after that it starts losing its punch and drops quite a bit... But for the money it is a good caliber for sure and sooner or later I want a pistol in that cal... Have a ton of shells for it... :D

Oh BTW thanks Fenixgoon yea it was a cool lower...

Last edited:

phucheneh

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2012
So the monthly USPSA match in my area is this weekend. I have still yet to attend one.

I'm trying to convince myself to just go by myself and try it out. No one else wants to because OMG winter is cold...high of 54* tomorrow for fuck's sake...

I've been working on my distance shooting. Just relaxing (to an extent) and shooting quickly at 25m targets. This is my 25m target from yesterday:

Six mags loaded to ten rounds there. 59/60 hit paper, 56 in the silhouette. 45 in the -1 box or better. Not...exactly...bullseye shooting. Just focusing on the front sight and pulling the trigger maybe once per second.

I think it's not bad for a 3.6" gun. I wanna get another range session in today...changed out backstraps and tweaked my grip a little (different thumb positioning)...feel like I might be able to get that low/left spread a little more under control.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
So the monthly USPSA match in my area is this weekend. I have still yet to attend one.

I'm trying to convince myself to just go by myself and try it out. No one else wants to because OMG winter is cold...high of 54* tomorrow for fuck's sake...

I've been working on my distance shooting. Just relaxing (to an extent) and shooting quickly at 25m targets. This is my 25m target from yesterday:

Six mags loaded to ten rounds there. 59/60 hit paper, 56 in the silhouette. 45 in the -1 box or better. Not...exactly...bullseye shooting. Just focusing on the front sight and pulling the trigger maybe once per second.

I think it's not bad for a 3.6" gun. I wanna get another range session in today...changed out backstraps and tweaked my grip a little (different thumb positioning)...feel like I might be able to get that low/left spread a little more under control.
Lol 54 is cold? pussies. Ive spent several hours of several days of the past 2 weeks outside in below 32 temps (starting at 6am) waiting for deer to show up.

phucheneh

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2012
Lol 54 is cold? pussies. Ive spent several hours of several days of the past 2 weeks outside in below 32 temps (starting at 6am) waiting for deer to show up.

To me, anything between 50 and 70 is fine. Below 50, especially if not in the sunlight, begins to get chilly. Below 40 is uncomfortable and below 30 is 'cold.'

...in Tennessee, I am considered a fucking polar bear. I would say I have an average cold tolerance, but good god are people absurd around here.

I do dislike shooting in the cold, though. One range around here has really good AC, and it occasionally is like 60-65 in there, which doesn't really make me uncomfortable but seems to made me a lot less steady. I think it would be much easier if I were moving around, though.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
I saw an HK P7 at the store today.

But they wanted two grand for it.
:(

yeah

I still have a grudge with a friend who sold his 6 years ago for 650 to pay for some tile, never even called me to offer it to me even though he knew I wanted it bad!

I should probably let it go....ive been carrying his g27 for 3 months on loan :p

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010

Only ever handled them...I have a hard time rationalizing a new Mini-14/30 when comparable AR/AK rifles are easy to find for the same or less.

If you fancy a Mini-30 in a Muzzelite stock, expect to use mags no bigger than 20 rounds. They curve so much the 30s go into the grip.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
The heavier ammo looked appealing.

But I know it's less accurate, thanks for the input.

All ready have a .223 Varmint rifle can nail tacks and a pistol I guess.

Capacity I wasn't too worried about.

Was thinking of getting of getting something a little heavier in the rifle category, a 30-30 would probably be good but that looked interesting.

2U8zU9h.jpg

yG7cKUn.jpg

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Was more or less just contemplating atm anyway I suppose.

Have enough pistols laying about might sell or trade a few just to get a good higher caliber rifle to mess with.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Same myself hmmm...........

RugerMini30-003.jpg

Pretty smexy deer rifle ......

I'd do a few things different, but still.

Last edited:

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
I haven't tried the Px4 yet but I plan to get a full-size to complement a Cx4 BSG project in the future. The XD mod.2 does look much better than the original subcompact.

I was quite fond of shooting .40 through the P226, got my best grouping ever at the range with that.

When I did my BSG Cx4 build, I went with one that takes Beretta 92 mags, and complimented it with a 90Two. If you are going 9mm, that is the route I would suggest. My 90Two is an excellent shooter, and it takes standard 92 mags.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
PSA lowers are good to go, have a couple of them...might be able to get all that a little cheaper if you build it yourself though...especially if you get a different stock than the CTR, unless you just like the CTR

I don't know what a CTR is. $200 seems cheap enough and I don't mind that I won't have to put everything together. The upper is where I want to do some nicer things.

I should be able to replace that stock later on if I want to, right?

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
I don't know what a CTR is. $200 seems cheap enough and I don't mind that I won't have to put everything together. The upper is where I want to do some nicer things.

I should be able to replace that stock later on if I want to, right?
CTR is just the "style" of the stock...and yes you can replace it with ease at any time...just did a little looking and it is a pretty good deal, the lower build kit and that stock are about $169 alone, so I say go for it