YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 403 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Pumps are more rugged and reliable. They will work reliably with any load. My model 97 is almost a 100 years old, and still works fine. I have an auto, but I almost never use it.

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
If I was only taking one caliber I would agree, but taking multiple guns out I just want a couple boxes of each, a big ammo box of 500 rounds for one gun is a pain

I use the berrys 100 (or 20 or 50 depending on caliber) ammo cases just for that reason. I load up a ton of ammo (1k+) then just fill up the ammo cases when going to the range.

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
And here it is... my first gun... *drumroll*

I drank the punch:

Mods:
- Ghost trigger
- Slide release extension
- "Butt plug" (lol)
- Night sights

I bought it from the head gunsmith at a major range. He included all the original parts, too.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Solution: buy more mags!
Yeah, at $35 a pop and only holding 7rnds...that would be a lot of mags;)
I use the berrys 100 (or 20 or 50 depending on caliber) ammo cases just for that reason. I load up a ton of ammo (1k+) then just fill up the ammo cases when going to the range.
That just reminded me I inherited some ammo boxes when my wife's dad died, I'll just have to fill them up each time we head out...maybe I will keep ordering from LAXAmmo if it stays that cheap and the gun likes them

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Last edited:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Friend of mine was there yesterday and they told him it came with both. Doesn't mean the sales guy has a clue. I'd trust you before him.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Friend of mine was there yesterday and they told him it came with both. Doesn't mean the sales guy has a clue. I'd trust you before him.
LOL...they have another one in the ad (RR22CHMB6) for sale that looks like it might come with both, but that's not the one that comes free with the 1911, unless that particular store is subbing it for some reason

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008

I drank the punch:

Mods:
- Ghost trigger
- "Butt plug" (lol)
- Night sights

I bought it from the head gunsmith at a major range. He included all the original parts, too.

Looks good man. I've heard questionable things about the ghost trigger durability but you have the original parts so that's excellent in case it goes south.

The only other mod I'd recommend would be the smooth G17 oem trigger to replace the ridged G19 trigger but it's a personal preference thing.

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Looks good man. I've heard questionable things about the ghost trigger durability but you have the original parts so that's excellent in case it goes south.

The only other mod I'd recommend would be the smooth G17 oem trigger to replace the ridged G19 trigger but it's a personal preference thing.

I haven't heard much about durability issues with the ghost trigger, other than poor installation. Would you mind enlightening me? Else, I do have the original assembly, like you said.

I thought about the G17 trigger. So far, I'm fine with it, but I'm sure I'll want to play with the gun as I shoot it more. Part of the reason why I went with it is because parts and mods are plentiful. :)

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009

first Ive heard of a preference for the 17 tigger bar over the 19.

I have a hand polished 19 trigger bar in my G17.

looks nice slugg, I really liked my G4 G19! wish I still had it around

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
first Ive heard of a preference for the 17 tigger bar over the 19.

I have a hand polished 19 trigger bar in my G17.

looks nice slugg, I really liked my G4 G19! wish I still had it around

Plenty of people swap the G19 trigger for the G17 trigger. It's not the bar by itself, it's the plastic serrated trigger that drives people nuts and makes them want to swap it. It certainly did for me. The serrations on my 1911 trigger are perfectly fine. But the Glock's just form a wedge that stabs my finger and gets uncomfortable to shoot after awhile.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
added to the collection, and again broke my 'no new calibers' rule because of getting a good deal

came with 1 regular and 3 +1 mags, loaded with critical defense, and crossbreed mini tuck, for less than the price of a new one. I would have preferred 9mm over 40S&W, since my Glock is 9mm and I have a small bucket of ammo for it, but a deal is a deal, its not a range toy so the ammo price increase is less of an issue

45055b81-3144-49b8-99ff-17c2a6de44e7_zps44c4e976.jpg

side by side with my gen 1 g17
42971e53-fdbf-481b-aa5b-91af9d27d4ed_zps9f133eb2.jpg

119eed68-313b-44d7-aec4-74294701b9af_zps4cf794e7.jpg

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
oh I just did the bar itself, to improve the action.

I don't have the tools to polish things up. I just changed the oem trigger shoe/bar and the disconnector to the - one and called it a day. Trigger is much better now and I feel safe running oem parts.

Ordered a shotgun for clays. And I'll make sure to set it up all wrong just because I enjoy making old people annoyed at young people.

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I don't have the tools to polish things up. I just changed the oem trigger shoe/bar and the disconnector to the - one and called it a day. Trigger is much better now and I feel safe running oem parts.

Ordered a shotgun for clays. And I'll make sure to set it up all wrong just because I enjoy making old people annoyed at young people.

I forgot to mention that the gun smith did polish all the mechanical parts. Technically, it's a "semi polish." According to him, he didn't want to take too much off the parts, and that Glock's tolerances are so wide, you don't really need a mirror polish.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009

yeah I paid $13 for it years ago from a gunsmith, worth every penny

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

I drank the punch:

Mods:
- Ghost trigger
- "Butt plug" (lol)
- Night sights

Welcome to the club! Looks sweet.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Damn Spike's Tactical and their "special" AR lowers...just saw the Honey Badger and I'll probably end up buying it, haven't even finished building my Zombie lower yet:colbert:

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Plenty of people swap the G19 trigger for the G17 trigger. It's not the bar by itself, it's the plastic serrated trigger that drives people nuts and makes them want to swap it. It certainly did for me.

I didn't know that. Mine's got a serrated trigger. Never bothered me, so I never gave it any thought.