YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
SP-01*

I don't think they market it as compact at all. The P-01, on the other hand, maybe. I'm really just going back and forth between the SP-01 and the P-01. I'm not sure if its crazy to want an almost 2.5lb gun. But for some reason I just don't want the more compact P-01. I guess the argument could be made that I could just get the P-01 and carry it when I get my license, but to be honest I don't think it'd be the best for carry either.

Well they offer the Phantom (Polymer framed) which they market as "lightweight." :D

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01-phantom/
Weight 1.800 lbs
And that's probably unloaded.

Even the "Compact" P-01 is 1.75 lbs. The width is also obscene for a CC gun (1.38")
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p01/

Wanting a 2.5 lb gun is fine, most 1911s fall into that category. For CC, not so much. Granted I do know a minority who carry a full-sized 1911 day-in/day-out; not sure why but they do it. *shrug* Carrying a daily brick I'm not likely to ever use doesn't sound fun to me, but to each his own.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah, I've have long conversations with the guys at NOVA Armament, they know what they're doing and seem to be a good group of guys, but their prices on new stuff are ridiculous. But then again I haven't seen any B&M gun store that remotely competes with online for new guns, and they are a small dealer.

The few walmarts that still carry shotguns always have the best prices. But I cant recall the last time I saw one of those.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Well they offer the Phantom (Polymer framed) which they market as "lightweight." :D

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-sp-01-phantom/
And that's probably unloaded.

Even the "Compact" P-01 is 1.75 lbs. The width is also obscene for a CC gun (1.38")
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p01/

Wanting a 2.5 lb gun is fine, most 1911s fall into that category. For CC, not so much. Granted I do know a minority who carry a full-sized 1911 day-in/day-out; not sure why but they do it. *shrug* Carrying a daily brick I'm not likely to ever use doesn't sound fun to me, but to each his own.

Yeah, I carry a CCO that is 1.6 or so unloaded...and it's a officer/commander. Anything bigger is too big, honestly.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
The few walmarts that still carry shotguns always have the best prices. But I cant recall the last time I saw one of those.

I can't even find a Walmart around here that carries ammo or really anything gun related. I assume it's some kind of idiotic 'within x miles of a school' rule, but I'm too lazy to actually look that up.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
I can't even find a Walmart around here that carries ammo or really anything gun related. I assume it's some kind of idiotic 'within x miles of a school' rule, but I'm too lazy to actually look that up.
It depends on the state/county...mine has Bushmaster AR-15's on display:awe:

Texas FTMW

x-alki

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
SP-01*

I don't think they market it as compact at all. The P-01, on the other hand, maybe. I'm really just going back and forth between the SP-01 and the P-01. I'm not sure if its crazy to want an almost 2.5lb gun. But for some reason I just don't want the more compact P-01. I guess the argument could be made that I could just get the P-01 and carry it when I get my license, but to be honest I don't think it'd be the best for carry either.
You know you dont have to carry concealed ;)

I carry a P30L and its a big pistol. Sometimes I "conceal" it by pulling my shirt over it and other times I OC.

Whatever you get make sure you get a good quality gun belt to hold that thing. Heres the one I have and I love. No sag at all and keeps the holster close to the body.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=43&osCsid=ahi5lii9gmhmjuvtf0ruu6kh05

coxmaster

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2007

Wow, that is kind of surprising. All of the walmarts in my part of Florida have tons of ammo, 90% of them have guns too

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Yeah, even in my old draconian state of NY, every Walmart I went to had ammo.

My engine light isn't out yet but I'm probably gonna get the ball rolling with my license today. I'm not worried about having a good belt for a holster since I have one of these, but I might start out with a belly band for carrying.

teh_pwnerer

Oct 24, 2012
Americans are obsessed with guns. A gun is a tool not a toy.

The fact is 99% of gun owners who purchase a gun for self defense would not have the guts to fire on an intruder.

Shooting a gun on a range is one of the dumbest and most pointless things ever. Unless you are actually military and are there for training... waste of time.

So what else do you do with your gun? Flash it around at home? LOL!

A gun should only be used be military personnel, police, and security.

x-alki

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007

The fact is 99% of gun owners who purchase a gun for self defense would not have the guts to fire on an intruder.

Shooting a gun on a range is one of the dumbest and most pointless things ever. Unless you are actually military and are there for training... waste of time.

You are a funny troll. Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you better. What do you do for fun?

x-alki

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
Holy moley that's expensive! I don't have my LTCH yet, but even then I dunno how comfortable I'd be with OCing. Appreciate your help over the last few months alki! So...close. Next gun I think I want an HK. ;)
It is expensive but worth it. I bought a couple gun belts that just didnt cut it. They would sag and wouldnt hold the weapon close to my body. With the money I spent on the first 2 belts I could have bought the Comtac.

teh_pwnerer

Oct 24, 2012
Why don't you tell this to criminals? Fact is, guns are here to stay so you might as well have one to defend yourself with, because criminals certainly use them to their advantage.

Also, I would rather live than die so I think I would be fine shooting an intruder. Shooting at the range is fun as hell, though a gun is certainly not a toy, you're right about that.

Stop trolling this thread please.
Just know this. When the time arises you won't be able to pull the trigger my friend.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
I am about to get my fist gun next month. I plan on playing safe and getting the Glock 19 through my buddy - a police officer with a nice $100.00 discount :D

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

Um, ok.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

You're an idiot.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

You have no idea what you're talking about. What country are you from?

Might I suggest you not come into a thread entitled "I LOVE GUNS" and try to tell people guns are awful? It's called thread crapping.