YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 573 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Grabbed a m9a3 at a very nice discount due to it being a model with 10rd magazines included, and I also ordered a dozen mec-gar 18rd magazines to go with it, for myself for fathers day.

zgZnLAQ.jpg

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I got an X95. It seemed nice at first but I took it to a minuteman course and realized it would not suit my needs.

What didn't it do? I've found that both the Tavor and the X95 aren't for everyone, but they do require a period of getting used to them as they're not the standard AR style. Of course I also say this when I point out that you need to replace some parts on both rifles in order to make them not have quarky issues.. like the charging handle.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
S&W 15-22 so much fun to shoot. Had to pick up the version with the dot as it was all they had, and I didn't want to wait. Even the wife likes shooting it. Only came with one mag, I've ordered 3 more since MidwayUSA has free shipping right now.

1656956069929.png

Reactions: bigboxes

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
S&W 15-22 so much fun to shoot. Had to pick up the version with the dot as it was all they had, and I didn't want to wait. Even the wife likes shooting it. Only came with one mag, I've ordered 3 more since MidwayUSA has free shipping right now.

View attachment 64018

Very nice. I thought about picking one up for the kids to shoot since they are outgrowing their savage rascals but ended up getting a deal on one of the HK MP5-22's recently. Unfortunately I had to pay a fortune for some mags for it from HKparts since no one else has them in stock, plus I grabbed one of the 50rd drums for it.

wQEv4gs.jpg

Reactions: nOOky and bigboxes

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Another new rimfire. Started off as a basic 10/22. Added the tech sights and primary arms red dot, and then a Franklin Armory binary trigger. Today I picked up the Samson/Ruger B-TM stock, and I have the heat shield, flash hider, metal barrel clamp, and a sling adapter for it ordered. I love it when a plan comes together.

nBsd4rB.jpg

SgVzMfM.jpg

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Any G43x enjoyers? Got mine few weeks ago from one of the local gun stores, still thinking if I want to slap a red dot on it or leave as is.
View attachment 65235
I guess I'm not a fan of the red dot. I put one on my VP9 and it just didn't feel right. Iron sights work everytime. Also, took off the laser/flashlight. These accessories look cool. I'm more of function over form. I'm guessing that's why you got the Glock.

Reactions: jtanner

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I've been moving to red dots as my near vision after Lasik changed my focal point. I can't see the front iron sight clearly without cheaters on, which make everything else blurry including the target. With a red dot just a titch farther back I can wear regular safety glasses and see the target and area clearly. My focal point is somewhere right in that sweet spot, I've read of others having the same issue.

I do not have a Glock, but a Ruger Maxx 9 with a Holosun 407K which I like a lot.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I struggled with the dot bouncing around with a handgun. Need more practice to get used to it - spend too much time trying to steady it.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Submitted my Form 1 for an SBR tonight. FINALLY. I've been wanting to do it for like two years and just kept putting it off, blah blah blah. But the "National Gun Trusts" YouTube channel has a bunch of really helpful video tutorials for doing the paperwork for this stuff (I used this one since I did it with a trust:
).

Want to order an 11.5" PSA upper for my old 16" AR. Was the first rifle I bought, back in 2009. It was from CMMG and was a "bargain bin" special though it's actually a Doublestar carbine. Has been flawless and have never had a problem with it. Need to put on one of the Surefire prong flash hiders I ordered recently on the new upper too, cause I'm also waiting on a SOCOM RC2 can to be let out of NFA jail. Thing is gonna be TIGHT when it's done.

Also picked up an M1 Carbine this summer. A batch came up on Classic Firearms and it was expensive but man I've wanted one for a while and they're only getting more expensive. Yeah there's modern replicas made, some of which seem to be good, but I wanted an actual WWII-era one. I actually haven't even shot it yet (yeah I know) but may go to the range around Christmas time. I do want to strip the stock and re-finish it. It's not really a historical collector's piece in any way (not matching parts, 50s manufacture date) so I don't really mind doing it as the stock is not in real great condition anyway.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I got an X95. It seemed nice at first but I took it to a minuteman course and realized it would not suit my needs.
Ah that's too bad. I have one of the original Tavor SARs and man I love that thing. I've only shot it at the range and at a rifle class several years ago, but it's been great. I love the balance of it so much, it's just easier for me to hold up on target for longer. I do gotta say it's heavy though, which is too bad. I need to lighten mine up a bit still; put a smaller flashlight on it and I think I'm gonna sell the IR laser/illuminator on it in favor of just a simple IR illuminator device.

Only main complaint on it, besides the weight not being very good, is the bolt hold-open device. It's such a chinsy little plastic crap part, and is just awkward to use. I think they upgraded the bolt hold-open mechanism on the X95 but on the original I do not care for it.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Ah that's too bad. I have one of the original Tavor SARs and man I love that thing. I've only shot it at the range and at a rifle class several years ago, but it's been great. I love the balance of it so much, it's just easier for me to hold up on target for longer. I do gotta say it's heavy though, which is too bad. I need to lighten mine up a bit still; put a smaller flashlight on it and I think I'm gonna sell the IR laser/illuminator on it in favor of just a simple IR illuminator device.

Only main complaint on it, besides the weight not being very good, is the bolt hold-open device. It's such a chinsy little plastic crap part, and is just awkward to use. I think they upgraded the bolt hold-open mechanism on the X95 but on the original I do not care for it.

If you can find one, this is worth it's weight in gold.. https://gearheadworks.com/product/tavor-folding-charging-handle/ It's one of the first things I replaced on my SAR. I did go overboard from there (you can find pics somewhere in this tread) and replaced a lot more but love the rifle a lot

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
finally got around to doing something with the Henry X .357

I'm not in love with the length of the butt stock or the look of the forward stock. Maybe I'll go wood butt for the space cowboy look eventually. Still need to wrap the loop too.

x357.jpeg

Reactions: Bitek and clamum

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
If you can find one, this is worth it's weight in gold.. https://gearheadworks.com/product/tavor-folding-charging-handle/ It's one of the first things I replaced on my SAR. I did go overboard from there (you can find pics somewhere in this tread) and replaced a lot more but love the rifle a lot
Didn't realize they made those; it does look pretty nice. I haven't really had a problem with the stock charging handle though. Though I have taken that area of the rifle apart as I was going to switch the charging handle sides at one point, and I remember that piece that the long skinny rod connects to is another little plastic cheap part (like part #16/35 here: https://imgs.search.brave.com/tjMPR.../ZGlhZ3JhbS9sYXJn/ZS9LV0FfVEEyMV9N/YWluLmpwZw). I guess it's fine for that situation but man that thing seems weak and prone to breaking.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Drone frequency disruption guns:

Can reach up to 2.5km:

Used at Lula's recent inauguration in Brazil:

1672690247264.png

1672690317510.png

Also used by the French:

1672690493310.png

Video:

1672690234340.png

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
A new pest control item I picked up. I put a 3-9x UTG on it. I only got outside to try a few as it is now dark. The thing kicks harder than my Ruger 10-22, and it takes a bit of muscle to cock. I'll sight it in tomorrow for about 35 yards, I have some heavier pellets coming from Amazon to hopefully keep it subsonic.

1674346117066.png

Reactions: Skel