YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 573 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Grabbed a m9a3 at a very nice discount due to it being a model with 10rd magazines included, and I also ordered a dozen mec-gar 18rd magazines to go with it, for myself for fathers day.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I got an X95. It seemed nice at first but I took it to a minuteman course and realized it would not suit my needs.
What didn't it do? I've found that both the Tavor and the X95 aren't for everyone, but they do require a period of getting used to them as they're not the standard AR style. Of course I also say this when I point out that you need to replace some parts on both rifles in order to make them not have quarky issues.. like the charging handle.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
S&W 15-22 so much fun to shoot. Had to pick up the version with the dot as it was all they had, and I didn't want to wait. Even the wife likes shooting it. Only came with one mag, I've ordered 3 more since MidwayUSA has free shipping right now.

1656956069929.png

Reactions: bigboxes

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
S&W 15-22 so much fun to shoot. Had to pick up the version with the dot as it was all they had, and I didn't want to wait. Even the wife likes shooting it. Only came with one mag, I've ordered 3 more since MidwayUSA has free shipping right now.

View attachment 64018

Very nice. I thought about picking one up for the kids to shoot since they are outgrowing their savage rascals but ended up getting a deal on one of the HK MP5-22's recently. Unfortunately I had to pay a fortune for some mags for it from HKparts since no one else has them in stock, plus I grabbed one of the 50rd drums for it.

Reactions: nOOky and bigboxes

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Another new rimfire. Started off as a basic 10/22. Added the tech sights and primary arms red dot, and then a Franklin Armory binary trigger. Today I picked up the Samson/Ruger B-TM stock, and I have the heat shield, flash hider, metal barrel clamp, and a sling adapter for it ordered. I love it when a plan comes together.

Reactions: Skel and bigboxes

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Any G43x enjoyers? Got mine few weeks ago from one of the local gun stores, still thinking if I want to slap a red dot on it or leave as is.
View attachment 65235
I guess I'm not a fan of the red dot. I put one on my VP9 and it just didn't feel right. Iron sights work everytime. Also, took off the laser/flashlight. These accessories look cool. I'm more of function over form. I'm guessing that's why you got the Glock.

Reactions: jtanner

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I've been moving to red dots as my near vision after Lasik changed my focal point. I can't see the front iron sight clearly without cheaters on, which make everything else blurry including the target. With a red dot just a titch farther back I can wear regular safety glasses and see the target and area clearly. My focal point is somewhere right in that sweet spot, I've read of others having the same issue.

I do not have a Glock, but a Ruger Maxx 9 with a Holosun 407K which I like a lot.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I struggled with the dot bouncing around with a handgun. Need more practice to get used to it - spend too much time trying to steady it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY