YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 520 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
What the hell is a bullet button?

Like a magazine release button but requires a tool (tip of bullet, end of chamber flag, etc.) be inserted to release the magazine. Its a stupid name that probably didn't make lawmakers happy so they went after it.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Picked up my glock 40 problem solver today, and also cleaned them out of their 10mm ammo since they were having a sale -

CMVrC87.jpg

NmJPEh3.jpg

I will have to dig out some of my hot underwood and double tap ammo I already have to see how this beast really performs with full power 10mm. Now I have to decide if I want to put an optic on it or just keep it with iron sights, as my backwoods pistol.

Reactions: herm0016

Bartman39

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Jul 4, 2000
Heck being a Glock I would go with the iron sights (adjustable though)... :sunglasses: (backwoods style)... Sweet look to it though big long gun...:beermug:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Picked up my glock 40 problem solver today, and also cleaned them out of their 10mm ammo since they were having a sale -

CMVrC87.jpg

I will have to dig out some of my hot underwood and double tap ammo I already have to see how this beast really performs with full power 10mm. Now I have to decide if I want to put an optic on it or just keep it with iron sights, as my backwoods pistol.

Man, I've always liked that gun, 10mm specifically. Never bought one though primarily because ammo is so expensive and I don't own any other gun chambered in 10mm.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Just scored a used 10mm 6" Lone Wolf barrel for my G20/21 long slide for $80. Need a couple of mags and I'm in business, sent off the slide for Cerakoting, going with a battle-worn burnt bronze base and anthracite black top coat, hope it doesn't look like ass.

I need to gear up to reload 10mm now.

Just doing the slide, might look like this when done, who knows, LOL

3994467_01_nib_glock_17c_gen3_9mm_battle__640.jpg

Last edited:

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
My coworkers and I were thinking...if a weapon with a bullet button is now defined as an assault rifle anyway, can't you just register the thing and install a standard mag release? Is that too logical to be true?

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Man, I've always liked that gun, 10mm specifically. Never bought one though primarily because ammo is so expensive and I don't own any other gun chambered in 10mm.

You should look into one, cheap plinking Ammo can be found and many people shoot 40s&w in them with no modifications, but on the safe side you can get drop in 40 and 357 sig barrels.

15 rounds of hot 10mm, each about equivalent to a 41 magnum, is a lot of firepower in the Glock 20 or 40 (or the compact 29 even)

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
My coworkers and I were thinking...if a weapon with a bullet button is now defined as an assault rifle anyway, can't you just register the thing and install a standard mag release? Is that too logical to be true?

It sure seems that way.. but no one really knows what they'll do yet.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Hey adairusmc, why didn't you get a G17 to finish the 9x19 line? It is strange to go from 9mm to 10mm IMO. I almost got a G27 in .40.

I have a G26 now and planning to get either G19 or G17.

Last edited:

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Hey adairusmc, why didn't you get a G17 to finish the 9x19 line? It is strange to go from 9mm to 10mm IMO. I almost got a G27 in .40.

I have a G26 now and planning to get either G19 or G17.

I probably will eventually, for my full size 9mm I have a sig p226 legion, but I would like a 17 to round out the collection.

The 10mm is going to be my back woods gun, since the hot underwood 10mm I have is right at 41 magnum specs out of that 6" barrel, 15+1 rounds of that in the backcountry is a great backup. Here in northeast Oregon we have bear, mountain lion, wolves, tweakers, and now even moose running around. This Glock 40 should be the perfect problem solver for that use.

10mm is no joke. There is an old video i can post of Ted Nugent taking down a wounded Cape buffalo in Africa with a Glock 20.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I got the granulate talon grips installed on it tonight, feels even better in the hand now.

kdriKJq.jpg
Always enjoy those talon grips. My PPQ admittedly felt pretty good out of the box and probably didn't need the talons in the first place, but with them on it feels great. So comfortable in the end.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Yes, those are the different plates for attaching an optic, like a Trijcion RMR, Burris Fastfire, etc.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
just picked up a new MP Shield 9mm...love the way this gun feels in my palm....also a pic next to my nano....

DSC04313.JPG

DSC04318.JPG

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
1I1EBf2.jpg
I know it's not quite caturday
PTguaRt.jpg

New $200 Taurus 709. Single stack 9mm's sure are easier to conceal carry.

Last edited:

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013

A lot of guys at calguns are saying that you shouldn't. They say this ban is at state level not federal so what was in place for the prior one doesn't mean CA will follow the same and never confiscate. Also from what I hear the assumption that we can take off the Bullet Button is all speculation right now.

Im thinking about registering one and make the rest comply so I don't need to register if we can run no bullet button.

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
But that's speculation the feds would mandate bullet buttons someday? Or am I missing something?

I'm not sure. From what guys say CA DOJ never put in writing the bullet button was legal so I really don't know.
If that is true I doubt they will say anything about the new products that have been offered to comply. If you havent heard their is a magazine that drops in from the top and a mag release that only works when the upper is open/hinged from the lower. Those two should make our rifles legal and no need for AW reg.

Also just read on Calguns in two weeks the DOJ is supposed to release the new regulations.

Last edited:

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I'm familiar with the ar mag lock and such. I'll definitely be getting those.

There has to have been something in writing stating the bullet button meets the legal definition of a fixed magazine. Iirc the ATF is usually the agency that gives guidance in such matters.

If the CA DOJ really is to give guidance in two weeks it will be interesting to see what they say.

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
I'm familiar with the ar mag lock and such. I'll definitely be getting those.

There has to have been something in writing stating the bullet button meets the legal definition of a fixed magazine. Iirc the ATF is usually the agency that gives guidance in such matters.

If the CA DOJ really is to give guidance in two weeks it will be interesting to see what they say.
Yeah some cut and dry info is needed.. I'm really hoping that if we do register we don't need to run the bullet button. That would be nice. I want to build a 9mm AR so after that I'm done with this platform. 2 is enough for me..