YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 439 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Good to know.

He wants a revolver for Christmas. The easiest thing for him to do is go buy what he wants and let her pay for it but I guess they're trying to do the present exchange thing.

I really need a scope for my Mini-14. Might have to go by there and gift myself.:p

You could try to do one of the better aliexpress clones for cheap :)

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Oh yea I did and to tell the truth I am glad I did... Fricking 50cal at $4K with scope and 750 rounds of ammo... I mean like damn it was a cannon and that was just to haul it around...;)

If it's too big, you are too old? The 50 does make a nice smile doesn't it?

Bartman39

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Jul 4, 2000
Yes Gillbot I am to old for it...:p

Oh and it was more like someone slugged you with a baseball bat when ever you fired the damn thing...o_O

About like shooting my grandfathers old double barrel 12ga shot gun and pulling both triggers at the same time...:whiste:

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Looks like I got pretty lucky with 22lr ammo during cyber week! I bought a Savage MK II bolt action... I'm thinking I want a 22lr pistol. Do any of you have any experience with any of the cheap 1911-22lr clones? I'm just looking for something cool - 22lr target guns bore the hell out of me.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
What is that?

aliexpress is basically the chinese amazon site where they sale chinese products for cheap. Some of it is garbage, and some of it is not. Trick is looking for reviews of what others have decided to gamble upon to see what to buy that isn't in the garbage category.

I've bought several knives of exceptional quality along with some other great stuff from the site. Someone posted a nice Eotech 552 chinese made clone that is great for the money for what it is. It's not the same quality as an eotech, but it is damn good for the money for what you pay for it.

Last edited:

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Yes Gillbot I am to old for it...:p

Oh and it was more like someone slugged you with a baseball bat when ever you fired the damn thing...o_O

About like shooting my grandfathers old double barrel 12ga shot gun and pulling both triggers at the same time...:whiste:

Mine kicked less than a 12 gauge. It felt more like a push than a kick.

I plan on getting another at some point.
State_Arms_Bertha.jpg

Bartman39

Jul 4, 2000
Mine kicked less than a 12 gauge. It felt more like a push than a kick.

I plan on getting another at some point.
State_Arms_Bertha.jpg

Man you got one...? Is that a 50 cal, it looks like one...:thumbsup: Wondering if that is the type where the bolt comes all the way out to put a shell into the chamber...? If so damn you are to cool now...:wub:

So when did you get it and where...?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Just put a new toy in jail (CA 10-day waiting period): .40 Walther PPQ

Nice trigger, comfortable grip, pretty accurate and fun to shoot. It's also the last off-roster handgun I'll be able to easily buy.

Stock photo:

Walther1.jpg

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

Nice trigger, comfortable grip, pretty accurate and fun to shoot. It's also the last off-roster handgun I'll be able to easily buy.

Stock photo:

Walther1.jpg

Good thing that a district judge decided that a 10 day waiting period, after the first purchase a person makes, isn't permissable. Now for the circuit court (and maybe SCOTUS) to rule. :)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Good thing that a district judge decided that a 10 day waiting period, after the first purchase a person makes, isn't permissable. Now for the circuit court (and maybe SCOTUS) to rule. :)

It'll be nice once that sticks, especially since I had to drive from San Jose out to Tracy to get this gun.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Man you got one...? Is that a 50 cal, it looks like one...:thumbsup: Wondering if that is the type where the bolt comes all the way out to put a shell into the chamber...? If so damn you are to cool now...:wub:

not even, thats a .223 with a huge flash supressor.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
It'll be nice once that sticks, especially since I had to drive from San Jose out to Tracy to get this gun.

Tracy Rifle and Pistol?

We have a lot more SSE options in Sac than you guys in the bay. I think I've done 6-7 since JB signed the bill. Trying to figure out what my last should be. I just got out of my 30 days for my SP-01 tactical and thinking the PPQ 5" or Glock 41.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001

I had a Barrett when I lived out west but sold it before I moved back east.

The one pictured is what I plan to buy sometime. Made by east ridge gun co.
http://statearms.com/rifles/

They are proven performers and an excellent value imho.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Tracy Rifle and Pistol?

We have a lot more SSE options in Sac than you guys in the bay. I think I've done 6-7 since JB signed the bill. Trying to figure out what my last should be. I just got out of my 30 days for my SP-01 tactical and thinking the PPQ 5" or Glock 41.

Yep, Tracy Rifle and Pistol. And yeah, I'm out of time to buy more using SSE. :(

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010

Stock photo:

Walther1.jpg

What ammo do you put through it? I fired my bro's P99 not long ago and it had more snap than I remember...probably shooting 180gr at the time. Knocked the barrel far enough off target I had to regrip (doesn't happen often) and both pistols are pretty close in weight. Would love an M1 PPQ at some point though.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
What ammo do you put through it? I fired my bro's P99 not long ago and it had more snap than I remember...probably shooting 180gr at the time. Knocked the barrel far enough off target I had to regrip (doesn't happen often) and both pistols are pretty close in weight. Would love an M1 PPQ at some point though.

Thats what I love about the 40, big badaboom. Have you tried the PX4 Storm in the cal? The only design that I feel has tamed the 40. I am really interested in trying the XD .mod2 in 40, the stippling seems so logical and it's dirt cheap too.

Bartman39

Jul 4, 2000
I had a Barrett when I lived out west but sold it before I moved back east.

The one pictured is what I plan to buy sometime. Made by east ridge gun co.
http://statearms.com/rifles/

They are proven performers and an excellent value imho.

Pretty cool for sure...:thumbsup: It looks very nice and clean...

Be sure to LMK when you get one k...

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Thats what I love about the 40, big badaboom. Have you tried the PX4 Storm in the cal? The only design that I feel has tamed the 40. I am really interested in trying the XD .mod2 in 40, the stippling seems so logical and it's dirt cheap too.

I haven't tried the Px4 yet but I plan to get a full-size to complement a Cx4 BSG project in the future. The XD mod.2 does look much better than the original subcompact.

I was quite fond of shooting .40 through the P226, got my best grouping ever at the range with that.

Bartman39

Jul 4, 2000
Damn found this down here again...? Oh well... More viewing pleasure my 300 blackout...