YAGT: nice guy vs. the axe hole

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: ricochet
Originally posted by: crownjules
Originally posted by: ricochet
Originally posted by: Mo0o
seems like a couple of assholes screwing each other

Yep. I don't even see the "nice guy" in the equation at all, just a bunch of @holes who lack commitment.

Lack commitment...how? He dated two girls, what's wrong with that? Dating != commitment. When you're dating, you're still figuring things out.

As a general rule for dating, you date only one at a time. That is implied and expected. Any exception to that requires explanation upfront and full disclosure of your intention. The OP and his girlfriend hid their side relationship and disclosed said relationship after the fact. That is cheating period.

You can date around, "figure things out" and learn to be committed to the person you're dating. That's part of the maturing process.

That's not a general rule for dating, and is completely incorrect.
You're saying that if you ask a girl on a date and she accepts, you expect her to immediately cancel all of her other dates in the future? That if you go on a first date with a girl, you aren't allowed to ask another girl on a date until you've called the first girl back and established that it's over between the two of you?

No, then when do the rules come into effect? I'll answer. When one of the people dating talks to the other person and ask them if they want to be in a committed relationship. If the other person says "yes" then it's expected that all other dates will immediately be canceled. Dating does not equal a relationship. Dating is figuring out if you want to be in a relationship.

Once the relationship talk has been had, then it is considered cheating to go out with someone else, not before. You're awfully naive if you really do expect a girl to stop dating completely from the minute she agrees to date you.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: yowolabi
No, then when do the rules come into effect? I'll answer. When one of the people dating talks to the other person and ask them if they want to be in a committed relationship. If the other person says "yes" then it's expected that all other dates will immediately be canceled. Dating does not equal a relationship. Dating is figuring out if you want to be in a relationship.

Once the relationship talk has been had, then it is considered cheating to go out with someone else, not before. You're awfully naive if you really do expect a girl to stop dating completely from the minute she agrees to date you.

Dating DOES imply a relationship. You should only have one girlfriend at a time.

There's a difference between eating dinner with someone, and dating them.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Obviously we have different definition of dating, yowolabi. When you're taking someone on a date ie movie and/or dinner and the next day you decide to take some other girl out on a different date, you're actually not really dating either girl. Going on a date does not equate to you dating that girl.

I don't know about the girls in your part of the world, but if I told people that I was dating some girl name Suzy and Suzy had only gone out with me just a couple times, Suzy would come right up to me and smack me upside the head. When you establish that you're dating someone it implies that you're monogamous. That you don't take other girls out on dates without permission.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: davestar
Originally posted by: Nimloth

- met a girl when she was 18 and a virgin

thanks for the info, but what does this have to do with anything?

This happened to me, cheated on girl, girl cheated on me, tried to call it even.

Nahhh it didn't work.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
If you're interested in only sex, play the game. Otherwise the relationship is going nowhere, one of you will cheat on the other in the end so drop it.