YAGT - My gf might have an infection??

BoldAsLove

Platinum Member
May 10, 2005
Now lets get the facts straight...my girlfriend is the only person I have been sexual with in my life (I am 17), so I was not aware of the problem up until recently when I've talked to some friends. I thought they all kinda stunk like that..I mean its pretty bad, I just kind of get over it though. Ive talked to some friends and they have said that it may be because she just trims down there, or may be because she doesnt use the right type of soap(or no soap down there at all). She also said theres a high probability its a yeast infection..
This is by all means serious, I want to figure this out as it is quite unpleasant.

Anyone have any similar experience or serious thoughts they can share?

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Its called a doctor.

EDIT: I understand if you just found out and its late and may not be able to reach a doctor though. Sorry, I got no advice.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: BoldAsLove
Now lets get the facts straight...my girlfriend is the only person I have been sexual with in my life (I am 17), so I was not aware of the problem up until recently when I've talked to some friends. I thought they all kinda stunk like that..I mean its pretty bad, I just kind of get over it though. Ive talked to some friends and they have said that it may be because she just trims down there, or may be because she doesnt use the right type of soap(or no soap down there at all). She also said theres a high probability its a yeast infection..
This is by all means serious, I want to figure this out as it is quite unpleasant.

Anyone have any similar experience or serious thoughts they can share?

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: BoldAsLove
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Its called a doctor.

the thing is, she has had a physical quite recently and as far as I know their was no diagnosis.

Is that checked in a woman's physical? I would think a trip to the gyno would be where that would be found.

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Im guessing you have...but if you havent gone down on her you should be fine. IF you have and she does happen to have yeast infection it could be pretty bad for you : /

If everything is fine and dandy maybe ask her to take a quick shower before you venture down there.

Oct 9, 1999
its a bacterial infection.. time to see a OBGYN.. it can cause cancer in the long run..

<-- heard on Dr. Drew.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
If it's whitish cottage cheese coming out, it's a bad yeast infection. Whatever it is, she should definitely go see the OBGYN.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
They're supposed to smell a little, but not that you actually have to put yourself over it to fully enjoy. If it's that pungent, I suggest you ask her to see a doctor. This could become, or may very well already be, a problem. I also suggest getting yourself checked out, even though you may have only had protected sex. Seriously, get both of you checked out ASAP.

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
tell her to go to the obgyn already. a forum full of guys is not the place to ask female hygene questions.

more than likely a yeats infection. it happens when one of the 9 bacteria that make up the vagina dies off and throws it out of balances resulting in a whitish discharge and an odor.

tell her to stop using anti bacterial soap down there.

Jun 27, 2005
Vaginosis

The cause of BV is not fully understood. BV is associated with an imbalance in the bacteria that are normally found in a woman's vagina. The vagina normally contains mostly "good" bacteria, and fewer "harmful" bacteria. BV develops when there is an increase in harmful bacteria.

Not much is known about how women get BV. There are many unanswered questions about the role that harmful bacteria play in causing BV. Any woman can get BV. However, some activities or behaviors can upset the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina and put women at increased risk including:

Having a new sex partner or multiple sex partners,
Douching, and
Using an intrauterine device (IUD) for contraception.
It is not clear what role sexual activity plays in the development of BV. Women do not get BV from toilet seats, bedding, swimming pools, or from touching objects around them. Women that have never had sexual intercourse are rarely affected.

Guaranteed. No big deal but she needs to get checked out.

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Grow up kid, they don't look or smell pretty especially after a long day. If there really is a problem I'm sure she is aware and dealing with it. Women are very self conscious about their bodies so STFU if you ever want to be near that area again.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
girls smell down there.. some girls smell horrible and some smell good enough to do what you probaby want to do to your gf but cant because of the smell.

tell her to wash herself down there and keep the soap on it for 5 minutes. Then right afterwards go at it with her, but even then you will still smell a little.

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
OP, you're 17.... so I suggest you dump her and shoot for a higher quality woman.

I also didn't read the whole thread and am wondering if she is of age (18+). If not, then yeah, please let that one go.

r6ashih

May 29, 2003
Also, make sure you arn't the cause of her bacterial infection. Are you circumsized? if not, make sure you clean under the hood every day!

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
The most likely bacterial infection (if its not yeast) is a UTI. Urinary tract infection. Fairly common amongst sexually active females (though ATOT probably doesnt know). What happens is bacteria from outside the body (sometimes from the anus area) can be massaged into the vagical tissue during intercourse. Its usually a bacterial infection that is easily and quickly cured with prescribed antibiotics.

next time be careful about what lubrication you use and tell her to pee right after you do it. washing right after helps too.

All that being said, I dont think its a UTI. Because those are usually painful (hard to pee) and stuff.