YAGT: My GF just dumped me...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: Crescent13
Originally posted by: thehstrybean
Originally posted by: JBT
Sorry man :beer: sounds like you will be better off with out her though...

Ya know, in a way I feel like that, but now I feel...lonely...in a sense...before I could call her and tell her everything, and she could do the same with me. Now...nobody...it's a really empty feeling...

Yeah it sucks but its better to happen now instead of later. After a few days you'll back in the swing of things and be able to be back in the hunt trust me.

Problem was, I never could hunt in the first place. I'm seriously a social retard. I have no ****** clue how to pick up a girl. We met by chance. I'm a freshman on campus, so I know no one but the people I graduated with (about 4), and they're all dating people right now.

Dude, you are just emotional right now. Honestly, I feel the same way, but somehow, some freaking way, the right one comes along when you are ready for it. God knows I was shocked when it happened for me.

<man-slap on back>

Thanks man. I'm deadly serious though. All of my friends tell me that too. "Colin, when it comes to all things social, you a ****** retard" is what one said to me a couple of weeks ago. I laughed it off then. Now I'm not.

Well, there are ways to change this. Start by just trying to be outgoing, meeting new people on campus, even if you feel really REALLY awkward. It will pay off if you can force yourself to become better at the social game, though it will be insanely hard at first.

Just to let you know I'm serious about this, I was home-schooled and had no knowledge of the workings of the world until I got dumped out. I learned really fast. It can be done, man. :)

Haha you sound just like me. I'm still home schooled (sophomore), and I felt so awkward, I didn't have any friends, much less a gf. But then, I decided I needed to be more outgoing, so I forced myself to talk to people. Yes it was hard, and felt very strange at first, but I had a girlfriend in 2 months believe it or not, unfortunately, we broke up after 3 weeks and she had a new boyfriend in 2 days with whom she broke up with in 2 weeks, and had another one a day later, who cheated on her, but yeah... that's not the point. And yes I felt "empty", I know exactly what you mean, but I got over it, you will too, and I'm back on the hunt again :D. so just go for it man, after all, life's too short to waste.

lol...you will know empty much better when you are used to seeing a girl virtually every day of your life for three years of your life and then one day...not.

I couldn't even imagine what life is like for older folks who have lived their lives together for fifty+ years together and then one dies. :(

Yeah i know :(

Zaitsevs

Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: K1052
Don't be too upset, she did you a favor.

Now you can move on to someone more worthwile.

I think it was a mark twain quote..

" If a man steals your woman, the best revenge is to let him have her"

like he said, she did you a favor.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I hope to GOD you didn't go DUI after you went self pity drinking and run over some innocent people.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: KoolDrew
If she's going to do crap like that, you're definitely way better off without her.

:thumbsup:

she have any webpages (myspace, blogs, etc)? let everyone know who this cheater is.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
<cue Hey Joe by Hendrix>

LOL I played that song once for a gf whom I had just found out had been hanging out with another guy. I was driving, she was in the passenger seat, and I turned it up loud without saying a word to her and gazing only at the road in front of me with a scowl on my face. It freaked her out.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
<cue Hey Joe by Hendrix>

LOL I played that song once for a gf whom I had just found out had been hanging out with another guy. I was driving, she was in the passenger seat, and I turned it up loud without saying a word to her and gazing only at the road in front of me with a scowl on my face. It freaked her out.

I would have loved to been one of the dead bugs on the windshield watching that "experience." :evil:

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Holy hell that was cold. But as stated early, she will cheat again, but karma is a b!tch. Someday that sh1t will catch up to her.

oztrailrider

Dec 8, 2005
Sounds like she has done you a favour. She is not worth your time or energy. Go find someone who deserves you.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Sorry man :beer: sounds like you will be better off with out her though...

Ya know, in a way I feel like that, but now I feel...lonely...in a sense...before I could call her and tell her everything, and she could do the same with me. Now...nobody...it's a really empty feeling...

Yeah it sucks but its better to happen now instead of later. After a few days you'll back in the swing of things and be able to be back in the hunt trust me.

Problem was, I never could hunt in the first place. I'm seriously a social retard. I have no ****** clue how to pick up a girl. We met by chance. I'm a freshman on campus, so I know no one but the people I graduated with (about 4), and they're all dating people right now.

Dude, you are just emotional right now. Honestly, I feel the same way, but somehow, some freaking way, the right one comes along when you are ready for it. God knows I was shocked when it happened for me.

<man-slap on back>

Thanks man. I'm deadly serious though. All of my friends tell me that too. "Colin, when it comes to all things social, you a ****** retard" is what one said to me a couple of weeks ago. I laughed it off then. Now I'm not.

Well, there are ways to change this. Start by just trying to be outgoing, meeting new people on campus, even if you feel really REALLY awkward. It will pay off if you can force yourself to become better at the social game, though it will be insanely hard at first.

Just to let you know I'm serious about this, I was home-schooled and had no knowledge of the workings of the world until I got dumped out. I learned really fast. It can be done, man. :)

I guess I can try in anthropology tomorrow...Girl I usually sit next too is pretty good lookin, and she's a genius...I'm gonna try...that's all I can do, right?

And on the drunk aspect, that was my first time, and I doubt I'll be doin it again...My head is till pounding and I've got class at 8 tomorrow...ugh...

Study group FTW. Girls always go for those things =) and even if it doesn't work out, you're forcing yourself to be social.

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade
i'm surprised you didn't see it coming. no warning signs at all or are you just naive?

Honestly, I didn't see it. I'm pretty good at reading people, but she was pretty sneaky. We even went out on dates during this time.

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
That sucks...

But...you're 18, you've got a lot of girls and broken hearts (and hearts to break) ahead of you.

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
If she was willing to do that she wasn't worth your time anyway. Good luck with everything.

saymyname

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2006
Originally posted by: ThePresence
How long were you together?
How old are you guys?

Sorry, man.

Together for about 6 months, so not too long, but a good ways.
We're both 18...

Post the videos. That'll teach her.

I hate cheaters.