YAGT: Moving

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Wow, this thread really makes me feel better about my situation with my GF. Her moving an hour and 15 min away for school.

Take the job bro and see how it goes. You could always move back right???

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
same girl for 3 yrs...i would assume you two would be solid enough to talk about moving or possibly doing a long distance relationship until yall can get back in the same region again

chickadee

May 3, 2004
take it from someone whose been in a situation of doing i move away from my Long term significant otehr - if you dont take the position, you're going to end up later resenting her for it and your relationship will be doomed anywya. at that point youll be out the girl and out the job. if she loves you you'd find a way to make it work.

however for whoever said move and if she loves you she'll follow you - wtf kind of logic is that? a girl should up and move her life around to meet the needs of the guy? but yet you're advising him not to alter his life to meet the needs of the girl and what she wants?

i dont know how old you are- but if you're both in college you seem young enuff. Im prolly the last person that should be saying this since im 20 and currently in a 5+ year relaitonship - but if you have a great career offer, take it now. if she loves you and the long distance relaiotnship thing doesnt work out now. part your ways for the time nad get some life exlopration. theres that whole love osmething set free blah blah blah. theres always later in life after things get connected and everybody figures out what they want to do to reconnect and get back on track with both of you having money, college educations, jobs, etc.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
If you don't take the job, every day from now until you eventually dump her when you're working for 1/3 the money and hating every minute of it you'll be bitter that you didn't take the offer.

If she cares about you, she would see it's the right decision. If she refuses to listen, then she's a stupid selfish b!tch and you don't want her anyways.

*ding* Wwwwwwwwinarrrrr! Especially the first paragraph.

You just finished college. She's in her third year. You're 22, she's 20. You have SO much living to do, brother. Do for you NOW. Take it from someone who put off taking care of himself for too many years. Do for you NOW. She's pretty and smart. And so are about 1 billion other women.

You don't need to get married at 22 years old. If it happens, great. If not, you'll be on the way to being very comfortable financially by your late 20's.

If you don't take the job, stay in Smallsville USA and date her for two more years, she WILL take a job offer out of state AND leave your ass within two months of her graduating.

I'm not only the Been Dumped By the Smartass Bitch Club President, I'm also a client. :(