YAGT: I think I found my new side iron

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
SW1911

Soon as the tax return comes I may swing by the gun shop and take a look at one. Auction sites show NIB price of between 5 and 700 so should be able to snag one at a fairly reasonable price.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Auction prices and gun store prices not the same. Your best bet would be to find and FFL locally that will actually transfer the gun from an auction seller.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Auction prices and gun store prices not the same. Your best bet would be to find and FFL locally that will actually transfer the gun from an auction seller.

Yeah, I know that. But at least it gives me an idea as to when to raise the BS flag and tell them come down or I go out. I'd probably do 775-8 in the store.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Shockwave
Originally posted by: sygyzy

Yeah, I know that. But at least it gives me an idea as to when to raise the BS flag and tell them come down or I go out. I'd probably do 775-8 in the store.

You could probably get one NIB from one of the online places shipped to your FFL for 710-720 including your transfer fee. I wouldn't buy one for 775 unless you really like the dealer. The difference could pay for quite a few boxes of ammo.

Here's one for 659+20(shipping)+25(FFL transfer fee) and nobodys bid yet. Too bad you didn't have that check yet. :)

KK