YAGT: i didn't mean to be an ass...

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Sigh. So there's this one girl who's a cashier in the cafeteria of the company I work for, she's pretty nice and looks pretty good. Anyway, I usually say hello and we usually just pass a few jokes around..

Fast forward to today. I go downstairs, order myself something from the grille, and one of the chefs tells me to come closer..uhm, ok. He then tells me that that girl has a crush on me, and that I should just ask her out and be done with it. I didn't really know what to say, so after a few seconds of silence I say "well, maybe that means I can get free food from now on."

I pay for my food, have the usual chitchat, go upstairs, come down a little later with a few friends and she's stone cold. I'm guessing she found out what I said and is pissed. I made that comment jokingly (didn't know what else to say/do as I don't have a romantic interest in her).

That being said, if there's the off-chance that she reads ATOT: sorry! :D

Cooler

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2005
Originally posted by: wasssup
Sigh. So there's this one girl who's a cashier in the cafeteria of the company I work for, she's pretty nice and looks pretty good. Anyway, I usually say hello and we usually just pass a few jokes around..

Fast forward to today. I go downstairs, order myself something from the grille, and one of the chefs tells me to come closer..uhm, ok. He then tells me that that girl has a crush on me, and that I should just ask her out and be done with it. I didn't really know what to say, so after a few seconds of silence I say "well, maybe that means I can get free food from now on."

I pay for my food, have the usual chitchat, go upstairs, come down a little later with a few friends and she's stone cold. I'm guessing she found out what I said and is pissed. I made that comment jokingly (didn't know what else to say/do as I don't have a romantic interest in her).

That being said, if there's the off-chance that she reads ATOT: sorry! :D

you have become my hero.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Glad you found out she's a stuck up before you actually wasted money on her.

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Baked
Glad you found out she's a stuck up before you actually wasted money on her.

Was taking a sip while I read this and totally made me laugh up water through my nose:thumbsup:

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
when I see your avatar and your username all I can think about is the budweiser commercial where there are a couple of guys on the phone going "whaaaaaasssssssuuuuup!"

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wouldn't say you can assume she's stuck up from just that much information. She heard about your comment through someone else who may not have realized you were joking. Tomorrow, tell her you were joking and see how she reacts.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: gotsmack
when I see your avatar and your username all I can think about is the budweiser commercial where there are a couple of guys on the phone going "whaaaaaasssssssuuuuup!"

That was originally from Scary Movie.

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
no, I think it was a beer commercial first then scary movie put it in because it was funny.

Ketteringo

Banned
Feb 2, 2002
Originally posted by: illusion88
Originally posted by: gotsmack

That was originally from Scary Movie.

Oh, right, because Scary Movie wasn't all about parodying famous pop culture things...

S Freud

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
ask her if she wants to sample your secret sauce...but I have to agree with whoever said that your lucky you found out she's stuck up before you spent money on her.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Typical of a geek / dork, who either says the wrong thing, or doesn't know the appropriate thing to say, at the appropriate time. Instead you said the right thing to the Chef, but missed the target altogether, you Red Assed Baboon! I can only imagine the sh!t that was talked about between your MARK and the Chef. Oh, well. ;)

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
that reminds me of the time when i was in line at the high school cafeteria, and a chick cut in line in front of me while pretending to ask her friend in front of me about some assignment she had. i said, "hey that's a good idea" right as she asked the server, "can i have a breast please?"

Agnostos Insania

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2005
You got the order all wrong. You're supposed to be an ass 99% of the time and then do a little thing that's nice. That makes you a nice guy. Never be nice 99% of the time and then do something some might think is mean, then you're a jerk.

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
that's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she should have found it funny too especially not knowing if you said it in a mean way or not

Doctorweir

Golden Member
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by: bigalt
that reminds me of the time when i was in line at the high school cafeteria, and a chick cut in line in front of me while pretending to ask her friend in front of me about some assignment she had. i said, "hey that's a good idea" right as she asked the server, "can i have a breast please?"

ROFLMAO :D

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Agnostos Insania
You got the order all wrong. You're supposed to be an ass 99% of the time and then do a little thing that's nice. That makes you a nice guy. Never be nice 99% of the time and then do something some might think is mean, then you're a jerk.

hahahahah, lol..

Blieb

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2000
Don't listen to them, these guys are idiots.

The reason she was stone cold is because she's NERVOUS 'cause the COOK TOLD HER that he TOLD YOU!!! Now she's EMBARASSED.

Why would he pass along a line like that?

OR if he DID pass it, she just thinks you're not into her.

Just say something next time you checkout, seriously. Balls up dude.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Blieb
Don't listen to them, these guys are idiots.

The reason she was stone cold is because she's NERVOUS 'cause the COOK TOLD HER that he TOLD YOU!!! Now she's EMBARASSED.

Why would he pass along a line like that?

OR if he DID pass it, she just thinks you're not into her.

Just say something next time you checkout, seriously. Balls up dude.

RTFP

I don't have a romantic interest in her

:roll:

- M4H