YAGT: How to let a girl know your not attracted to her?

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

Theres a girl who ive been getting to be close friends with (well atleast on my side of things) but she has a crush on me...and anytime we hang out she always does stuff like rubs her foot against myne or rubs my hand...but the problem is i am not attracted to her in that way, and i dont want a relationship or even the benefits of one at the moment. How exactly do i let her know without ruining the friendship that im not attracted in the same way she is?

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Grunt anytime she touches you. The same type of grunt you make when your having an anal dilemma on the toilet.

takeru

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Hankysmoo
Originally posted by: Scouzer
Grunt anytime she touches you. The same type of grunt you make when your having an anal dilemma on the toilet.

LMFAO!!

LOL! damn, i can't think of anything to beat that.

Slammy1

Platinum Member
Apr 8, 2003
Tell her you're gay and horribly ashamed of it so please, don't tell anyone else. If she catches you dating someone down the road, tell her either you're experimenting or that the girl is a lesbian and you're using each other as fronts.

WarSong

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
whenever this happens to me, i just start avoiding the girl and not returning phone calls. i guess that's probably not the best way of handling it...

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Slammy1
Tell her you're gay and horribly ashamed of it so please, don't tell anyone else. If she catches you dating someone down the road, tell her either you're experimenting or that the girl is a lesbian and you're using each other as fronts.

I have done this before, and it works. Some chick asked me and I said I tossed her that line, but did not add the experimenting part. Some months later the chick (who asked me out) saw me making out at a party with my gf. All I know is that chick became furious. She starts ranting and raving saying she thought I was gay. I just looked @ her and said "Do I even know you?" That caused her to chuck a opened beer can at me. I just brushed it off and ignored her continuing rants. People started laughing at her and I tossed in a few jokes, she eventually left crying. I know I am terrible :disgust: ...you may not want to do that.

MangoTBG

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: WarSong
whenever this happens to me, i just start avoiding the girl and not returning phone calls. i guess that's probably not the best way of handling it...

With a lot of girls, that makes them just want you more...Probably not a safe bet.

I say talk to one of her friends, or someone that would tell her what you say, and say that her other friend is totally f#cking hot and you want it bad.

She'll have to give up.

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: MangoTBG

With a lot of girls, that makes them just want you more...Probably not a safe bet.

I say talk to one of her friends, or someone that would tell her what you say, and say that her other friend is totally f#cking hot and you want it bad.

She'll have to give up.

no, then they both compete against each other and she'll want you even more

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Cooljt1
Originally posted by: MangoTBG

She'll have to give up.

no, then they both compete against each other and she'll want you even more

hence, the reason to use that gay line.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: chiwawa626

Theres a girl who ive been getting to be close friends with (well atleast on my side of things) but she has a crush on me...and anytime we hang out she always does stuff like rubs her foot against myne or rubs my hand...but the problem is i am not attracted to her in that way, and i dont want a relationship or even the benefits of one at the moment. How exactly do i let her know without ruining the friendship that im not attracted in the same way she is?

How about telling her the truth?
Though, going by this forum's other YAGTs, your friend will refuse to believe you and will make your life a living hell before she copes a gripe on reality.

Slammy1

Platinum Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: EngenZerO
Originally posted by: Slammy1

I have done this before, and it works. Some chick asked me and I said I tossed her that line, but did not add the experimenting part. Some months later the chick (who asked me out) saw me making out at a party with my gf. All I know is that chick became furious. She starts ranting and raving saying she thought I was gay. I just looked @ her and said "Do I even know you?" That caused her to chuck a opened beer can at me. I just brushed it off and ignored her continuing rants. People started laughing at her and I tossed in a few jokes, she eventually left crying. I know I am terrible :disgust: ...you may not want to do that.

LOL. Probably not the best advice ;). I almost used it once, but my way of dealing with it is to tell them flat out I'm only interested in friendship and that a friendship cannot exist where one person has feelings for the other. It worked every time but that once (though it usually ends the friendship, but if it does is the friendship worth saving?), and I was working with the girl so it wasn't easy. Did I mention she also had certain psychopathic tendencies? I really didn't think I did anything to promote her feelings, and love/hate are 2 sides of the same coin. I quit there, found a better job 500 miles away. Some more bad advice.

PS I am gay :p.

crisp82

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2002
Just tell her that although you really like her, you aren't in a 'realtionship' place at the moment, and that you are sorry, but you don't see her in that way. Then compliment her friendship a little and leave it at that.

"The truth will set you free"

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
first of all where's the PICSSSSSSSS???

secondly, if you're that noble then just tell her nicely that you wanna be friends and nothing else. Remember, if they can do it to us sure we can do the same thing, right?