YAGT:Crap....we broke up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Seems like a lot of Indian people on this forum are having problems with girls and their parents getting involved.

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
I broke up w/ my gf last week... and now she called me up the other day. You'll find other girls and get over this, just have a few brews and let me know if you wanna talk more.

-john

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Are you saying that girl has no saying in who she chooses to be with? I mean, no disrespect to Indian culture, but she's in US, she can choose whatever she wants to do.

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: AnyMal
Are you saying that girl has no saying in who she chooses to be with? I mean, no disrespect to Indian culture, but she's in US, she can choose whatever she wants to do.

Naw, it's not soo much that she can't choose, but her mom wants her to sorta settle down sooner. And even if it's not SETTLING down, it's "ok, you're dating this guy, and so you're gonna end up with this guy." And that part scares the crapola out of me. I know, it's hard to understand. Like I said a few times, my parents are NOTHING like that, but it's just the way things are going. And I'm wayyyyyyy too young to be thinking like that. Thas all.

KeyserSoze

EvanGeliSt

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2002
Originally posted by: AnyMal

Not everything works that way - especially if the parents are still around.... :p