YAGT: 6 years, and we're done

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
1) blaming alchohol for infidelity is a cowardice excuse

2) you cheated because you wanted to not because of alcohol

3) you weren't ready for marriage anyways, grow up and learn some personal responsibility

Did you not read the whole thread? Reading comprehension off? He admitted guilt. Takes a true man to admit when he's wrong.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

3) you weren't ready for marriage anyways, grow up and learn some personal responsibility

I don't remember him saying he blamed the alcohol.

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: kmr1212
Originally posted by: Toasthead
Originally posted by: zendari
Least you didn't get married first.

that's what we both wanted though...

apparently thats not what you wanted...judging by your actions.

it is....i just messed up really bad. i got so drunk, i cheated on her and i've never done that in 6 years with her. i was so messed up i blacked out and threw up before i could "finish"

If you really loved her and wanted to be with her forever like you say, you would have been with her instead of letting yourself get to the point where you could act on your impluses. It is almost impossible for a guy to get raped...you wanted what you got.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal

Did you not read the whole thread? Reading comprehension off? He admitted guilt. Takes a true man to admit when he's wrong.

I did read the thread

it is....i just messed up really bad. i got so drunk, i cheated on her and i've never done that in 6 years with her. i was so messed up i blacked out and threw up before i could "finish"

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
I am sorry what happened, although I will never condone cheating. That said, if you still love her, don't give up.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Baked
You're Lance Bass?

baaaaaaaaahahahhahahah

ok seriously though, if you love her, you'll find a way to show her. If she says 'once a cheater always a cheater' or something of that ilk, tell her this; that a person will in certain extreme circumstances possibly cheat, but that by no means will they always do so, or does doing it once mean they ever will again. The person just has to be vigilant and make sure they don't get into the situation where they cheated, ever again.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003

You don't get drunk and accidentally slip your d!ck in another girl. All the alcohol did was lower your inhibitions...

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
WTF is up with everyone breaking up lately?

i know! first the 8.5 year one...now this!

sorry dude. hope everything works out for you. dont want to be rude, but...why is it your fault? i cant really think of anything to be honest.

Hey, it's summer. Lots of free time, skimpy clothing, and jacked up hormones. You figure it out.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
WTF is up with everyone breaking up lately?

i know! first the 8.5 year one...now this!

sorry dude. hope everything works out for you. dont want to be rude, but...why is it your fault? i cant really think of anything to be honest.

Hey, it's summer. Lots of free time, skimpy clothing, and jacked up hormones. You figure it out.

I would like to draw one similarity between these two cases that can quite possibly be significant in terms of a root cause.........

both relationships began first year in college(or before possibly?)

In all likelihood both couples never had a chance to sow their wild oats or experience life as an adult outside of the context of the relationship. The relationships defined who they were as people. College is meant to experiment and find out what you like for this reason I have seen that relationships that begin junior/senior years in college usually enjoy increased long term sucess.

Time to discover who you are outside of a relationship is critical, you need time to figure out what you like and dont like etc. Also between 18-mid twenties you do the most changing as a person so the person you dated at 18 is not the person your dating at 25.

just something to consider my .02 of trolling

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Use the Bill Clinton defense:

"I didn't finish, so technically it wasn't really sex, ergo I didn't cheat on you."

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: CPA
Use the Bill Clinton defense:

"I didn't finish, so technically it wasn't really sex, ergo I didn't cheat on you."

don't you mean "oral sex is not sex"?

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
use your imagination

are you retarded just tell the whole story you attention whore.

i've said it in other threads and i'll repeat one more time.

STFU troll!

yeah im trolling :roll: your a loser and Im glad she ditched you.

if your gonna create an ATTN: whore thread tell the whole damn story.

from op's responds, I somehow agree.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: theNEOone
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy

You puked on a girl?

That's awesome.
i have a friend that pissed on a girl's bed before they got busy, as she was taking off her clothes. she felt the wet spot a short while after and he just made up some excuse about spilling his beer. :D

=|

LOL...how the fvck did he manage that? Could he just not hold it?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: PingSpike
Originally posted by: theNEOone
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy

You puked on a girl?

That's awesome.
i have a friend that pissed on a girl's bed before they got busy, as she was taking off her clothes. she felt the wet spot a short while after and he just made up some excuse about spilling his beer. :D

=|

LOL...how the fvck did he manage that? Could he just not hold it?

I think the question is why da fvck he would divulge this to anyone

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
We started dating our first year of college. We've had a couple of rough spots but not in a couple of years. We spent a lot of time together, and were going to get married in a couple of years. We were waiting because I wanted to have some more money and so she could finish grad. school. She's beautiful, smart, ambitious, sweet...I made a big mistake and now everything's over. Done.

I'm sorry. I'll always love you. :(

Us

So she's single again...

What's her phone #?

yes, i'm being a d1ck because you made this post, but purposely left out what the "mistake" was.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: JEDI
We started dating our first year of college. We've had a couple of rough spots but not in a couple of years. We spent a lot of time together, and were going to get married in a couple of years. We were waiting because I wanted to have some more money and so she could finish grad. school. She's beautiful, smart, ambitious, sweet...I made a big mistake and now everything's over. Done.

I'm sorry. I'll always love you. :(

Us

So she's single again...

What's her phone #?

yes, i'm being a d1ck because you made this post, but purposely left out what the "mistake" was.

READ THE THREAD