YAG(un)T: Not for Sale in California. Pics ahead

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: dakels
Originally posted by: gsellis
Nice. But I still want a HK 416. :D
Why? Why not just an AR-15 modified... Cool factor?

No offense to you gsellis, I'm speaking in general, but this is something that always bothers me. Be it hypocritical or not, owning guns because they are "cool" or "manly" is a real problem IMO. Reading some of the comments on the desert eagle videos on youtube make me really sad for humanity. The really funny (read sad) is a sizable portion of DE sales are fueled by FPS gamers.

Link? I do not buy that for a minute.

dakels

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Ernie99
Originally posted by: dakels
Originally posted by: gsellis
Nice. But I still want a HK 416. :D
Why? Why not just an AR-15 modified... Cool factor?

No offense to you gsellis, I'm speaking in general, but this is something that always bothers me. Be it hypocritical or not, owning guns because they are "cool" or "manly" is a real problem IMO. Reading some of the comments on the desert eagle videos on youtube make me really sad for humanity. The really funny (read sad) is a sizable portion of DE sales are fueled by FPS gamers.

One nice feature of the 416 is its gas piston, but you can find this on an AR-18 as well. Also, I seriously doubt desert eagle sales are fueled by gamers. Desert eagles are expensive and impractical.
That was wrong of me to say that. While I do know at least a few people that I could decisively link FPS games to their purchase of a DE or other guns. I just meant it as a general reference to the cool factor of media exploitation. That gun is pretty much entirely bought out of impractical reasons.

I have to add, one of those people who also bought the DE, also bought an M1 Garand out of his exposure to MoH. Great gun. I just held it, I never fired it though. I'd love to see the clips spring out.

MegaVovaN

Diamond Member
May 20, 2005
If we're talking coolness factor, I want Arctic Warface Magnum in .50
too bad it would run me what, $5000?

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Anyone know where I can buy a rocket propelled grenade launcher and grenades? If I have one of those, then I would finally feel safe in my home.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: ManSnake
Anyone know where I can buy a rocket propelled grenade launcher and grenades? If I have one of those, then I would finally feel safe in my home.

First step, apply for your ID-10-T rating, you should be able get that without much effort.

MegaVovaN

Diamond Member
May 20, 2005
Originally posted by: ManSnake

come to underground/black market...and bring cash....lots of cash

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

ARs are actually legal in CA as long as you follow some stupid ass rules (must be offlist, no pistol grip if you use regular mags, etc.)

ahurtt

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: NetGuySC
My brother is going thru a divorce and his wife just sold his AR for $75.00

The $75 was for the sex. She gave me the rifle for free.

Ernie99

May 4, 2006
Originally posted by: BudAshes
I hope you have fun shooting up the local shopping mall.

I hope your joking. Not every gun owner is a depressed psychopath with a death wish.

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: NetGuySC
My brother is going thru a divorce and his wife just sold his AR for $75.00

Holy shit. Time to lawyer the hell up and get that thing back.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: fisher
I hope you have fun shooting up the local shopping mall.

^^

that's worth a vacation?

Are you that sensitive?

Are that much of an idiot to come into a thread that specifically said to stay out if you didn't like the content and have to post your idiotic drivel?

Actually do your homework and you'll see that guns are used in legal defense of people far more often than they are used by people going on "shooting sprees".

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Svnla
Nice. Is it the shortest (16") barrel possible or can you get one even shorter <legally> and what is the shortest barrel ever?

You can get shorter according to federal regulations, but state legislation may prevent you from doing so.

Process to get one is essentially the same as getting a machine gun or suppressor. The only difference being cost...