YAFPT - Yet Another Floriduh People Thread. Catch All the Duh In One Thread

Nov 17, 2019
We begin with a Teacher Of The Year Winner:

Florida school's teacher of the year arrested on child abuse charge

www.nbcnews.com.ico
NBC News|26 minutes ago
Caroline Lee is accused of striking a student who had accused her of using a racial slur in class. She was was named teacher of the year at Darnell-Cookman School of the Medical Arts in October.

Racial Slur? Her?

iu

Duh!!!

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
F-ing goon squad member, now she's out of teaching permanently, will get criminally charged and sued to the hilt by the parents.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
This news would never air on Fox, unless she is acquired which would cause Fox to be speaking proudly about her accuital with some form of propaganda.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This news would never air on Fox, unless she is acquired which would cause Fox to be speaking proudly about her accuital with some form of propaganda.

That part of FOX's playbook is chiseled in granite:

1. Never reveal the bad stuff.
2. If the shit does get out, deny, obfuscate, misdirect, misinform, project, play the victim card, spitshine the hell out of it and be very hypocritical while they're at it.

Nov 17, 2019
Combining Floriduh and 'Bama ....

As if the explosives charge wasn't enough, they got him for 'open container' too.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Combining Floriduh and 'Bama ....

As if the explosives charge wasn't enough, they got him for 'open container' too.
Wow, this is what he was booked into jail for,
Wesley Edward Mills, 35, is charged with manufacture/transport/distribution of destructive devices, felony DUI, violating the state’s open container law and illegal possession of prescription drugs."

So he was drunk as hell trying to drive while carrying two assembled explosive devies AND illegal scripts along with open container.

• Wow
Reactions: Lezunto

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Wow, this is what he was booked into jail for,
Wesley Edward Mills, 35, is charged with manufacture/transport/distribution of destructive devices, felony DUI, violating the state’s open container law and illegal possession of prescription drugs."

So he was drunk as hell trying to drive while carrying two assembled explosive devies AND illegal scripts along with open container.

Sounds like he'd be a Trumpie militiaman in good standing with all the right qualifications.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 17, 2019
Geezes, what happened to you know ... like flippin' the bird?

Florida man charged with punching girl in traffic dispute

www.miamiherald.com.ico
Miami Herald|2 hours ago
A Florida man has been charged with punching a teenage girl in the face after she cut him off in traffic, according to court records released Tuesday. Stephen Irvin Saunders, 47, was charged with felony burglary of conveyance with assault or battery for reaching in the 16-year-old girl's car and punching her in the jaw during the road rage incident last week in Tampa,

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Geezes, what happened to you know ... like flippin' the bird?

Florida man charged with punching girl in traffic dispute

www.miamiherald.com.ico
Miami Herald|2 hours ago
A Florida man has been charged with punching a teenage girl in the face after she cut him off in traffic, according to court records released Tuesday. Stephen Irvin Saunders, 47, was charged with felony burglary of conveyance with assault or battery for reaching in the 16-year-old girl's car and punching her in the jaw during the road rage incident last week in Tampa,

Sometimes you just have to defend your stance of dominance...

(the guy is a fucking moron and deserves a year in jail or more...unless she is black, in which case, all charges should be dropped immediately and the cop should write a letter of apology) :p

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I guess no one read the OP's article, just looked at the photos. The teacher says the slur was used while reading from or quoting Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, a book which does frequently portray characters using the n-word in dialogue.

She also claims she did not assault the student. If she did, she should go to jail. She is nonetheless innocent until proven guilty.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I guess no one read the OP's article, just looked at the photos. The teacher says the slur was used while reading from or quoting Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, a book which does frequently portray characters using the n-word in dialogue.

She also claims she did not assault the student. If she did, she should go to jail. She is nonetheless innocent until proven guilty.

Kinda, the student claims that expletive(s) were used when the teacher invited the student to a private chat, where the teacher physically assaulted the student. The article states that the teacher was arrested due to video evidence. This private chat was regarding an Instagram post that the teacher said made her feel threatened.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Kinda, the student claims that expletive(s) were used when the teacher invited the student to a private chat, where the teacher physically assaulted the student. The article states that the teacher was arrested due to video evidence. This private chat was regarding an Instagram post that the teacher said made her feel threatened.

No, the student claimed online, in response to a post nominating her for teacher of the year, that the teacher had used the "n-word" in class the previous year. The teacher says she was quoting Steinbeck, which she most likely was, as there were probably 30 other students in that class who could confirm or deny meaning it would have been futile for her to lie about it. Also, had she used that word in an inappropriate context, one would think at least one student would have complained to the administration about it.

The expletive that you're referring to in private was allegedly "you f***ing bitch."

There are two possible scenarios. One, after the student falsely accused her of racism online, she became angry and really did assault her. In which case, she should go to jail, regardless of her reasons. Second, the student is lying and got her bloody nose elsewhere, which is not a stretch since she had already omitted the context of the "n-word" incident online. It really could be either scenario.

The video evidence is that the student had a bloody nose after the incident. If it shows her emerging directly from the room with the bloody nose, then the teacher is almost certainly guilty.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
No, the student claimed online, in response to a post nominating her for teacher of the year, that the teacher had used the "n-word" in class the previous year. The teacher says she was quoting Steinbeck, which she most likely was, as there were probably 30 other students in that class who could confirm or deny meaning it would have been futile for her to lie about it. Also, had she used that word in an inappropriate context, one would think at least one student would have complained to the administration about it.

The expletive that you're referring to in private was allegedly "you f***ing bitch."

That may be, but the article doesn't say all that. It doesn't state what expletives were used.

It also doesn't state if any complaints were made about the original use of an expletive.

There are two possible scenarios. One, after the student falsely accused her of racism online, she became angry and really did assault her. In which case, she should go to jail, regardless of her reasons. Second, the student is lying and got her bloody nose elsewhere, which is not a stretch since she had already omitted the context of the "n-word" incident online. It really could be either scenario.

Sure, time will tell.

The video evidence is that the student had a bloody nose after the incident. If it shows her emerging directly from the room with the bloody nose, then the teacher is almost certainly guilty.

The article specifically states Lee was arrested due to video evidence and physical injuries on the student.

You claimed nobody read the article, which is why I responded.

I didnt search for any other information, but maybe you did.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
That may be, but the article doesn't say all that. It doesn't state what expletives were used.

My apologies. My facts are accurate, but you couldn't know that since I googled the teacher's name and came up with other articles which add additional information.

The student "stated she grabbed her nose because it started bleeding after she was struck," the report states.
The student said "Lee then began repeatedly calling her a 'f****** b****' as she landed several more strikes on the top of head." The student "stated she began trying to hold both of Lee's arms to keep from being struck and Lee kicked her on her lower leg."

OP's article does mention Of Mice and Men and so do all the rest I found.

It also doesn't state if any complaints were made about the original use of an expletive.

The student said online that the slur had occurred the previous year. Before the school nominated her for teacher of the year. I highly doubt anyone reported anything to the administration. The likely conclusion is that there was no reason to report it, and that the student purposefully omitted the context of the slur to tar the teacher with racism. Which either plausibly supplies a motive for the assault, or else undermines the student's credibility in reference to the assault. One or the other.

The article specifically states Lee was arrested due to video evidence and physical injuries on the student.

Which I have not disputed. Video evidence and the guidance counselor confirm she had a bloody nose shortly after the conversation. The question being, where did she get the injuries. Very possibly the teacher assaulted her, but I'd like to see if the video shows her emerging directly from the room with the injuries.

You claimed nobody read the article, which is why I responded.

At the time I posted that, there was zero evidence that anyone had. I doubt the OP had even read it thoroughly. To assume the teacher was racist when her explanation of the context of the slur makes sense and isn't likely to be false suggests he wasn't paying much attention. She is an English teacher who is evidently well regarded by the bulk of her students. So she either read a quote from a literary book containing the word, or she suddenly used it inappropriately in class. After having been a teacher for about 35 years. You be the judge.

I didnt search for any other information, but maybe you did.

Your hunch is correct. I tend to do that when I feel there is missing information. Often each article you read supplies another fact or two. I do usually remember to post the additional links though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
@woolfe9998 - yes, that makes more sense now with the people.com link.

There's still more to be explained, but I don't know if we will get additional info.

Such as why the teacher said she interpreted the comment as a "threat to kill her".

Or why she felt that way, but didn't report it to school admin, instead taking matters into her own hands.

You know, stuff like that.

Either way, not looking good for ms. Lee. But in FL maybe she can still own that big ole firearm 😉