YAFFT: Who to start/maybe trade?

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Alright, Ive got a bit of a dillema this week.

I have to start two running backs:

Maurice Jones-Drew
Cedric Benson
Willie Parker

Last week I started Parker/Drew. Drew did crap, Benson put up 100 yards. This week Im leaning towards Parker/Benson.

I have another option though. At WR I have to start three of these four. Braylon Edwards, Andre Johnson (injured?) TO and Ronald Curry. Obviously, Curry isn't a great choice. But against a week Cleveland secondary maybe he'll be ok to hold me over a week until Johnson is sure to start again? If not though, is it worth trading Maurice Jones or Benson for a good WR? Its nice to have solid backup RB's for bye weeks, but maybe I should deal one to help out elsewhere?

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Start benson and parker. I never liked MJD and expected him to bust.

If Johnson is definitely hurt, start curry

Elbryn

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2000
not much of a question here, start benson and parker. Dont rely on MJD until the jacksonville offense shows signs of life. johnson is out this week..start curry. otherwise always start johnson/TO and pick the best matchup between edwards/curry.
Your best trade bait now is parker which i'm taking to be a cornerstone of your team. MJD has no trade value currently, and benson is still a questionmark right now.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Ive also picked up Brandon jacobs off the waivers (someone dropped him) in hopes that he will be the starter in NY in another week or two. Think at that point it'd be worth lookign to deal possibly Parker/MJD and try to upgrade my QB or DEF? QB's I carry are Young (gets points with his feet, so thats good) and Derek Anderson, a huge question mark. My defense with Dallas has let me down this year. But aside from Jax/Pitt/Chi/SD/NE/Balt, I can't really think of any D I'd be willing to trade for.